No announcement yet.

Welcome Quincy Acy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if he doesn't play significant minutes, the fact that you have a bruiser during practices will toughen up Ed Davis and Andrea Bargnani. If he plays, he will have a Jamal Magloire role; no play calls, all bruising.

That kind of intensity is hard to match. It should also be cancerous (good type). I look forward to cheer for him next season and any offensive production will be a bonus. The fact that he can hit free throws and finish well around the rim doesn't make him that much of a liability.

I honestly think he will have a Kenneth Faried type of impact; undersized athletic hustler.

I was debating whether I would have wanted Quincy Miller instead. I think I like the sure thing that this kid will bring energy, grit and will do all the dirty work. I loved Reggie & if this guy is Reggie with hops and free throws? Damn. Bargain.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Matrix had freakish measurements for a 3. He had the complete game. To compare him to Acy is a joke.

At 23, Acy is not going to get any taller than his 6-6 frame. He looks very much like a smaller, smarter version of Reggie Evans. His college stats will not mean much in the NBA. He was a really strange pick for me. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

draftedraptor wrote: View Post
        Matrix had freakish measurements for a 3. He had the complete game. To compare him to Acy is a joke. ...
        Yet Acy has the same freakish measurements and Marion played a lot of 4. Marion didn't really have the complete game (as in "to say Marion has a complete game is a joke"); he never was a good shooter and got most of his points at the rim, as will Acy. Of course not saying he's anywhere near as good as Marion as I really don't know much about Acy. But his seize, tenacity on offense and where he'll get his points from is very similar.

Comment

With due respect I believe that Faried is a better barometer/comparison. Just about identical in physical stats (Acy is a bit taller and wider wingspan) as well as playing style. Faried brings it all the time and is tremendous on the boards at both ends. He now starts in Denver. It remains to be seen if Acy can duplicate in the NBA as Faried did. When I think of Marion I think more finesse even though he has an edge to his game. The other two live on the inside.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            With due respect I believe that Faried is a better barometer/comparison. Just about identical in physical stats (Acy is a bit taller and wider wingspan) as well as playing style. Faried brings it all the time and is tremendous on the boards at both ends. He now starts in Denver. It remains to be seen if Acy can duplicate in the NBA as Faried did. When I think of Marion I think more finesse even though he has an edge to his game. The other two live on the inside.
            I really don't know much about Acy, so you might be completely right.

Comment

Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shot's is really all you need to know..temper your enthusiasm.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                Reggie Evans who can shoot foul shot's is really all you need to know..temper your enthusiasm.
                I'd say he's far more athletic than Reggie as well though.
                Acy had some of the best dunks of the year last year for Baylor.

Comment

If you would like to know more about Acy as a personality watch this
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKH29_DrsV0
                  at 16:39 he answers to a question "If you could play with pro athlete who would it be?" with Steve Nash "makes everyone around him better". Found this one interesting.
                  His fav team is Mavericks, but just because he's from Texas I guess. I liked him as an personality, calm, mean guy, has head.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Acy's jersey's are now available.

Comment

Haha, that's some good recycling

Comment

lol sweet job bro

Comment

Smart move on the jersey :P

Comment

Working...
                          X