No announcement yet.

Welcome Quincy Acy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is an undersized 4, but I wonder if he can guard the spot consistently? If he can be a defensive 3 but an offensive 4 I think he could be a rotational player for us in a season or two. If we sign him I say send him down to the D league and let him work on guarding wings.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
      This guy has more jam and tenacity then Davis will ever have. It is safe to say Davis is as good as gone. Woooo!
      I don't think it's safe to say the Acy is even on the team in November.

Comment

Man, I don't hate the Acy pick, but if Miller turns out to be a steal I'm gonna cry.

Comment

Toronto Raptors: They took a guy in Terrance Ross that I like quite a bit, yet it feels like they could have traded down and gotten him after getting a few extra assets. Quncy Acy in the second round may be the most stupefying pick of the entire draft. - http://basketball.realgm.com/article...fts_In_Between
          I dont know anything about Acy, but is he that stupid of a pick? really?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I don't think it's safe to say the Acy is even on the team in November.
            I think he's got a very real shot at making the final roster. Beating out Davis/Amir will not be too tough a task.

Comment

I like Acy, but don't understand the pick. If you wanted a tough guy who can rebound they should have held onto Joey Dorsey. I would have thought the pick could have been better used on another wing player.

One thing I will say is that DeMar and Ed Davis better step up 'cause Casey has his finger prints all over both these picks. He wanst guys that can defend and have a motor. T. Ross can defend and Acy has enough of a motor to make Ed Davis look like he's going backwards.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                ...Acy has enough of a motor to make Ed Davis look like he's going backwards.
                Maybe wakes Davis up.

Comment

Acy pick was horrendous IMO. Undersized 4 who will be lucky to make the team. The guy they missed out on went right after to Denver. Quincy Miller actually has a position and has potential to be a very good player. It boggles my mind how BC went with a Acy over Miller. With as bad as the team is you have to go best player available as it's talent the roster is lacking. They took need over BPA @ 8 but 37 made no sense as there is no need for Acy on the roster. I'm praying there is some trade on the table to explain this. I don't take mock drafts too seriously but Acy wasn't even on one that I read the last few weeks. Quincy Miller, Will Barton, Tyshawn Taylor & Doron Lamb will all be on rosters last year...

Comment

Don't forget about Miller's knee. He represented much more of a gamble (even for a 2nd round pick).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I think he's got a very real shot at making the final roster. Beating out Davis/Amir will not be too tough a task.
                      He's an undersized rookie tweener. The last guy who came through here like that wasn't challenging anyone for time and was lucky to have a roster spot. That guy was a really hard worker as well. I'm not saying Acy won't make it, I'm saying it's highly unlikely that he makes it in the league. Like really low odds.

Comment

Toronto Raptors: They took a guy in Terrance Ross that I like quite a bit, yet it feels like they could have traded down and gotten him after getting a few extra assets. Quncy Acy in the second round may be the most stupefying pick of the entire draft.
                        http://basketball.realgm.com/article...fts_In_Between

The most stupefying pick of the entire draft ? Hmmmm...

Comment

Maybe my glasses are a little rosy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Faried type career trajectory.

At Baylor, everyone and their mother had their sights set on Miller, PJ3, and to a lessor extent, Pierre Jackson. Acy looks to have flown under the radar.

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                            Acy pick was horrendous IMO. Undersized 4 who will be lucky to make the team. The guy they missed out on went right after to Denver. Quincy Miller actually has a position and has potential to be a very good player. It boggles my mind how BC went with a Acy over Miller. With as bad as the team is you have to go best player available as it's talent the roster is lacking. They took need over BPA @ 8 but 37 made no sense as there is no need for Acy on the roster. I'm praying there is some trade on the table to explain this. I don't take mock drafts too seriously but Acy wasn't even on one that I read the last few weeks. Quincy Miller, Will Barton, Tyshawn Taylor & Doron Lamb will all be on rosters last year...
                            Perhaps that was part of the culture change they are looking for. They want tough, team first guys, that can come in and do the dirty work from day one and play defense like Casey wants. Q. Miller is a project and has the game of a "me first" type player. I'm reaching here. Really don't know why they picked Acy as they have more talented players at that position. Really thought they should have tried for another wing with that pick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Taken at #37, PJ Tucker errr I mean Quincy Acy deserves a proper welcoming. He should see summer league and maybe a shot at making the team in the fall.
                              Quincy Acy is James Johnsons New coach. (assuming they don't move him).

James Johnson is a head case who needs someone behind him pushing him.
                              Someone to come in and provide the same brand of defense and toughness but with an even bigger heart.
                              Someone to keep him working on his jump shot.

Duane Casey will have some very motivated wing players come camp time....
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Maybe my glasses are a little rosy, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Faried type career trajectory.

At Baylor, everyone and their mother had their sights set on Miller, PJ3, and to a lessor extent, Pierre Jackson. Acy looks to have flown under the radar.
                                Absolutely. The more I think about Acy and look at his video and stats, I love the pick.

Faried is a fair comparison, too, although not the same prolific rebounder and Acy's crazy hair is on his face versus his head. Acy is 1/4 inch taller and has 3" advantage on wingspan.

I think he is Reggie Evans with offensive game.

Acy:
                                78% ft shooter
                                7'3" wingspan
                                22/8 on 7/11fg and 8/8ft in Elite 8 vs Kentucky (aka Anthony Davis)
                                explosive
                                motor, motor, motor

If ED is still on the roster come training camp he might finally be woken from his slumber or given a pillow at the end of the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X