Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lakers game - best officiated game this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lakers game - best officiated game this year?

Anyone else love the way that game was reffed? They were really letting them play, no ticky-tack BS touch fouls, and very evenly called.

I also loved that Bargnani figured out after Bynum's first impression that the refs had their whistles in their pockets, and started completely mugging people in the lane.

I feel the officiating was around where it normally is, the Raptors just got a lucky break new the end of it.

Comment

Rule of thumb: if you're a fan of a team, and you think the game was officiated evenly, that means the other team got screwed.

This rule holds regardless of how impartial you think you are being.

If you want to know if the game was officiated fairly, don't ask a fan. Ask someone with absolutely no rooting interest.

Comment

Look at the foul call differential. Tell me if you think Lakers fans will think that it was fairly officiated.

Comment

The refs could have easily dismissed Turkoglu over flapping with a non call and the Raptors could have lost this game.

Oh well some calls go your ways and some don't, we were just lucky that the important calls went the Raptors way that day.

Comment

Yea this was just as fairly called like Orlando game ***sarcasm***.

The refs gave us so many gifts in this game and I don't mean calling fouls but swallowing their whistles after every time the Lakers got mauled in the paint. Even though Hedo was fouled I was surprised they put him on the line, it didn't even look like he was going up for the shot but to pass to Jack in the corner. Still game over and we have the biggest win of the season.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
              Yea this was just as fairly called like Orlando game ***sarcasm***.

The refs gave us so many gifts in this game and I don't mean calling fouls but swallowing their whistles after every time the Lakers got mauled in the paint. Even though Hedo was fouled I was surprised they put him on the line, it didn't even look like he was going up for the shot but to pass to Jack in the corner. Still game over and we have the biggest win of the season.
              Lakers had 0 fouls to give, Turkoglu would've gone to the line even if the foul was on the floor.

But I agree. If you think this game was fairly officiated then you need to take another look. We played very physical defense and the refs didn't call fouls on it. Of course, the Lakers also played physical defense, but there were many apparent fouls that simply were not called for the Lakers.

Some people say it's the "homecourt advantage", but you can only imagine how frustrated fans get when their team is playing a road game (remember our last road stretch?).

Comment

Working...
              X