Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Weem is fine but I want Bayless gone.
    Personally, I don't really understand the Bayless hate. He's a solid back-up point guard that can give you some nice scoring off the bench. He played rather well as a starter when Calderon was out until he got injured himself. He seems like a really nice guy who just wants the chance to prove that he can be a efficient starter in this league. Who can really blame him for that since that's what most players want. I just don't understand the hate.

Comment

I still don't get all the Weems hate. He was one of only 3 Raptors that actually came into communities to play with fans. Embraced the city and fans, up and close. But yet we hate him as if he bailed on us like Vince and Bosh. Weems isn't shit and he supposedly raised his game a bit.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
        I still don't get all the Weems hate. He was one of only 3 Raptors that actually came into communities to play with fans. Embraced the city and fans, up and close. But yet we hate him as if he bailed on us like Vince and Bosh. Weems isn't shit and he supposedly raised his game a bit.
        I guess some people just need someone to take the blame for the team's failings. I don't get the Weems hate either. He's a very serviceable player who can give you energy and some scoring off the bench. He's in no way an All-star, so why so much expectations from him? He's only getting like a million next season and I think that's really reasonable for a guy coming off the bench. I would enjoy seeing Weems back to help out in the SF or SG position.

Comment

It would appear to me that Alan Anderson would not be back and that Forbes could be moved in a deal to make salaries work, there is room for Weems on the roster.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
            Weems is in demand, we qualified him so that we don't pooched. He's not in our plans, he has said he doesn't want to be, so I can't imagine taking back an unhappy player who doesn't want to play here. It's all good.
            I think this is the best assessment.

Also when weems was on he was on - scouts may think time overseas would have matured him. He is not less talented then Anthony Parker.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Weems was maddeningly inconsistent and would lose interest too frequently. also started thinking he was better than he was. Of course, that happens to many mediocre players on crappy teams.

Comment

It's also because the Raptors with Jay Triano had a longer leash. It makes sense that kids would think they can do whatever especially when the coach allows a lot of freedom offensively.

Dwane Casey is a different type of coach who is methodical in his approach. He runs a lot of misdirection plays and has set option 1, option 2, option 3, etc. Jay allowed the Raptors to play around offensively. He ran less plays and had more of a free flowing offense.

I like Sonny Weems. I'm not sure if he fits the "we need shooters" but he is very athletic and he can break his man down. He's dangerous in transition, and it has been said that the Raptors want to run more next year.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                  I like Sonny Weems. I'm not sure if he fits the "we need shooters" but he is very athletic and he can break his man down. He's dangerous in transition, and it has been said that the Raptors want to run more next year.
                  And that's why we drafted Terrence Ross. Can do the same thing as Sonny Weems, but a by far better shooter. Will get much better than Weems.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    And that's why we drafted Terrence Ross. Can do the same thing as Sonny Weems, but a by far better shooter. Will get much better than Weems.
                    Nah man, I think Weems has better pick and roll ability than Ross, at this moment.
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Both, Bayless and Weems, will be on other teams next season. and do very, very well. Picking up their options, is much ado about nothing.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

picking up options is to either make someone overpay or recieve an asset for something we control. be it a second wound pick or another sign and trade.

the double sign and trade for bayless and nash makes a lot of sense and lets nash leave the suns as a good guy who didn't just go to another team for nothing even though we can sign him to the contract it looks like he will recieve under the cba without the deal.

Comment

Cavs showing interest in Weems

Source - @SamAmicoFSO

Raptors SF Sonny Weems said to be drawing interest from Cavs. Weems a restricted free agent.

Comment

Unfortunately, based on Larry Coon's chat from a few days ago on ESPN, the Raps can't S&T Weems because he didn't actually play for the Raps last season (even though they maintain his RFA rights). Apparently that's a clause in the new CBA. So I'm not entirely sure why BC bothered to tender Weems, unless he is considering re-signing him... I say just let him walk (assuming Larry Coon is right and they can't S&T him for something like a 2nd round pick).

Comment

It's probably because they want to re-sign Sonny Weems, unless another team comes in and offers something the Raps do not want to match.

HE'S BETTER THAN FORBES, SO WE DEFINITELY HAVE ROOM FOR WEEMS.

P.S. I don't get why Cleveland is so interested in everything Toronto. Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, stole Dion Waiters, Weems too ? lol

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q43

In order to make their free agent a restricted free agent, a team must submit a qualifying offer to the player by June 30. The qualifying offer is a standing offer for a one-year guaranteed contract, which becomes a regular contact if the player decides to sign it. This ensures that the team does not gain the right of first refusal without offering a contract themselves. The amount of the qualifying offer for players on rookie "scale" contracts is based on the player's draft position1. The qualifying offer for all other players must be for 125% of the player's previous salary, or the player's minimum salary (see question number 16) plus $200,000, whichever is greater1. A player can elect to accept his qualifying offer and play the following season under its terms. This is sometimes done in order to become an unrestricted free agent the following summer (see question number 45).

A qualifying offer automatically expires on October 1, unless it is extended by the team (which is rarely done). A qualifying offer cannot be extended past March 1. If the deadline passes and the qualifying offer is neither withdrawn nor accepted, the player continues to be a restricted free agent. The team and player are free to negotiate a new contract after the qualifying offer expires -- the deadline only affects the player's ability to accept his qualifying offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X