Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: So...Mes Ami...as we say at the bar GTFO!

  1. #1
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default So...Mes Ami...as we say at the bar GTFO!

    We now have

    Bayless - Forbes - Ross - DeRozan - Fields - Weems ... unless Don Nelson is coming in to run the offense... Who goes?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,766
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i don't think weems ever wears a raps jersey again and i wouldn't be shocked if bayless is traded
    @jerboat

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weem's is gone if fields is signed and if he's not than idk wtf BC is thinking

  4. #4
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets expand the discussion to consider all wings (SF & SG):

    Weems - BC will let him sign with whoever wants him, after that team's cap space is tied-up for 3 days, while BC "considers" matching

    Bayless - I assume BC is hoping to either include him in a Nash S&T, or S&T him to whatever team wants him, to hopefully get something back in return (ie: 2nd round pick)

    DeRozan - likely will be starting SG, with some burn at SF in small lineup configurations

    Ross - likely will be backup SG

    Fields - assuming NYK doesn't match the offer and pending other moves by Toronto, he'll likely be starting SF

    Forbes - unless used as salary filler in a big trade, he'll likely be kept as the 11th/12th man, serving as emergency in-game 3rd string SG & PG

    JJ - I think he's trade bait, either in a Nash S&T or for a star SF, otherwise he would likely compete with Fields for starting SF duty and with Kleiza for backups SF duty

    Kleiza - I assume he'll be kept to help Valanciunas acclimate himself to North America and the NBA game, while providing 2nd/3rd string SF duty and 3rd string PF duty in smaller lineups


    Most likely NOT to be Raptors next season (in order of most likely):
    - Weems
    - Bayless
    - Fields (on the chance that NYK match the offer*)
    - JJ

    * would be hillarious if the NYK lose out on Nash sweepstakes AND lose Fields to Toronto AND lose Lin to Houston/Phoenix! lol
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'm starting to think the qualifying offer to Weems was just another ploy to befuddle the hapless NY front office, since they showed interest in him..

    like, when my dog (NYK) gets ahold of a sock from my laundry (Nash) and won't let go... so i dangle some bacon (Weems) in front of his face to get him to let go... and when he does, i put the sock out of reach.... and throw him the scrap of bacon i didnt give a shit about anyways

    my dog is a moron.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,807
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    BC is playing very dirty. If this shit goes through BC is a boss. Knicks losing fields, Nash, and Lin that's hilarious

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Sig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't think weems ever wears a raps jersey again and i wouldn't be shocked if bayless is traded
    The words that you have put together to create a sentence are indeed relevant and correct according to our situation. I salute you and your family.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Lets expand the discussion to consider all wings (SF & SG):

    Weems - BC will let him sign with whoever wants him, after that team's cap space is tied-up for 3 days, while BC "considers" matching

    Bayless - I assume BC is hoping to either include him in a Nash S&T, or S&T him to whatever team wants him, to hopefully get something back in return (ie: 2nd round pick)

    DeRozan - likely will be starting SG, with some burn at SF in small lineup configurations

    Ross - likely will be backup SG

    Fields - assuming NYK doesn't match the offer and pending other moves by Toronto, he'll likely be starting SF

    Forbes - unless used as salary filler in a big trade, he'll likely be kept as the 11th/12th man, serving as emergency in-game 3rd string SG & PG

    JJ - I think he's trade bait, either in a Nash S&T or for a star SF, otherwise he would likely compete with Fields for starting SF duty and with Kleiza for backups SF duty

    Kleiza - I assume he'll be kept to help Valanciunas acclimate himself to North America and the NBA game, while providing 2nd/3rd string SF duty and 3rd string PF duty in smaller lineups


    Most likely NOT to be Raptors next season (in order of most likely):
    - Weems
    - Bayless
    - Fields (on the chance that NYK match the offer*)
    - JJ

    [I]* would be hillarious if the NYK lose out on Nash sweepstakes AND lose Fields to Toronto AND lose Lin to Houston/Phoenix! lol[/I]
    i hope the Knicks get plucked for sure LOL

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weems has never been coming back.

    Forbes is in the danger zone but has a very cheap contract and is serviceable. For those very reasons I could see him in a sign and trade.

    Bayless could be sign and trade or he could be back. Maybe backing up Nash knowing that in 3 years it is all him? I don't know.

    JJ is in trouble and could be sign and trade bait as well.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The atlantic division is stepping up their games... Raptors better keep pace

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'm starting to think the qualifying offer to Weems was just another ploy to befuddle the hapless NY front office, since they showed interest in him..

    like, when my dog (NYK) gets ahold of a sock from my laundry (Nash) and won't let go... so i dangle some bacon (Weems) in front of his face to get him to let go... and when he does, i put the sock out of reach.... and throw him the scrap of bacon i didnt give a shit about anyways

    my dog is a moron.
    hahaha
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •