View Poll Results: Should the Nets Get Dwight Howard or Joe Johnson?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dwight Howard

4 66.67%
  • Joe Johnson

2 33.33%

Thread: Brooklyn Nets: Dwight Howard or Joe Johnson?

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Brooklyn Nets: Dwight Howard or Joe Johnson?

I'm assuming everyone by know that the Brooklyn Nets are close to closing a deal with the Atlanta Hawks. Joe Johnson is going to Brooklyn for Anthony Morrow, Jordan Farmar, Jordan Williams, Johan Petro & a protected pick. What I don't understand with this trade is the fact that they already have a great young SG in Marshon Brooks, so why bother getting Joe Johnson. What's even worse is that Joe Johnson is owed $89.3 million over the next three years, so by trading for Johnson, the Brooklyn Nets will no longer have the cap space for Dwight Howard and will automatically be out of the race for Howard. So who do you guys think Brooklyn Nets should get: Dwight Howard or Joe Johnson? Personally I think they should get Dwight Howard cuz I'm almost 100% certain that Joe Johnson will probably lead to the leaving of Deron Williams. But I hope they get Joe Johnson. Williams go to the Mavs (Less competition in the East) and Howard gets his comeuppance by not going to his dream destination. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

They already got Joe Johnson.

They should go after both.

Sign and Trade Gerald Wallace in the Dwight deal.
    Or keep him.

Lopez, Brooks, Humphries and a Pick might do it.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

they got williams locked up large, johnson and wallace as well and going after dwight. which means luxury tax to the max.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im expecting the new super-friends team in Brooklyn is going to fall flat on their faces. NBA.com is hyping them up already, but I dont see them panning out at all. Joe Johnsons team with Josh Smith and Al Horford was stronger in my opinion

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

If they get Howard, they are a contender. No falling flat there.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If they get Howard, they are a contender. No falling flat there.
    I would think that Howard has a better chance at a title with the Lakers right now! With a starting lineup that consists of Nash, Kobe, MWP/Hill, Pau and Howard is absolutely scary. Along with Nash being an insanely good facilitate, you have a really good defensive team (outside of Nash). I think that lineup is better than Williams, Johnson, Wallace, Humphries, Howard. While that lineup is still very good, I feel like the Lakers have a better chance winning the title next year than the Nets. However, I feel like in the long run, the Nets lineup with Howard has a better chance of winning more championship in the future.

Thread Information