Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
That would fair pretty solid for every team, taking back large amounts either way, but along an all-star player. The one or two concerns I look at, is.. Does this team improve drastically when they had Iguodala, compared to having Bynum now? And how about the guarantees of Bynum wanting to stay long-term?

Philly:

Holiday
Turner
Young
Hawes
Bynum

Rather young team I may say. As much as Bynum arguably is the best centre in the league, they are surely going to miss the all-around contributions of Iggy.

Orlando would be the winners IMO. A ton of draft picks, along with using either keeping Gasol to wait for the expiring contract, or use as an asset in a trade for a contender. Since Orlando is going to rebuild, this trade really puts them in their goal much faster.
I don't agree at all. I think Orlando is getting fleeced. Harrington & Afflalo & Harkless & 3 future 1st round picks for Howard??? Harrington & Afflalo are good but big time overpaid for the next 3 (Harrignton) / 4 (Afflalo) years. Harkless is unproven and the future picks are rumored to be in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Yes, they unloaded the bad Richardson & Duhon contracts, but they brought back 2 new bad ones, instead of clearing salary to gain significant cap flexibility.

I personally think Denver won this trade, considering that their 2014 1st round pick will likely be somewhere in the 20's range. They replaced Afflalo with Iggy and dumped Harrington's contract, who became expendable with the development of Faried and acquisition of Randolph.