Raptors 2012-13 Starting SF, poll 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    That would fair pretty solid for every team, taking back large amounts either way, but along an all-star player. The one or two concerns I look at, is.. Does this team improve drastically when they had Iguodala, compared to having Bynum now? And how about the guarantees of Bynum wanting to stay long-term?

Philly:

Holiday
    Turner
    Young
    Hawes
    Bynum

Rather young team I may say. As much as Bynum arguably is the best centre in the league, they are surely going to miss the all-around contributions of Iggy.

Orlando would be the winners IMO. A ton of draft picks, along with using either keeping Gasol to wait for the expiring contract, or use as an asset in a trade for a contender. Since Orlando is going to rebuild, this trade really puts them in their goal much faster.
    I don't agree at all. I think Orlando is getting fleeced. Harrington & Afflalo & Harkless & 3 future 1st round picks for Howard??? Harrington & Afflalo are good but big time overpaid for the next 3 (Harrignton) / 4 (Afflalo) years. Harkless is unproven and the future picks are rumored to be in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Yes, they unloaded the bad Richardson & Duhon contracts, but they brought back 2 new bad ones, instead of clearing salary to gain significant cap flexibility.

I personally think Denver won this trade, considering that their 2014 1st round pick will likely be somewhere in the 20's range. They replaced Afflalo with Iggy and dumped Harrington's contract, who became expendable with the development of Faried and acquisition of Randolph.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      I don't agree at all. I think Orlando is getting fleeced. Harrington & Afflalo & Harkless & 3 future 1st round picks for Howard??? Harrington & Afflalo are good but big time overpaid for the next 3 (Harrignton) / 4 (Afflalo) years. Harkless is unproven and the future picks are rumored to be in 2014, 2015 and 2017. Yes, they unloaded the bad Richardson & Duhon contracts, but they brought back 2 new bad ones, instead of clearing salary to gain significant cap flexibility.

I personally think Denver won this trade, considering that their 2014 1st round pick will likely be somewhere in the 20's range. They replaced Afflalo with Iggy and dumped Harrington's contract, who became expendable with the development of Faried and acquisition of Randolph.

I have to agree on both bolds.

Here is an interesting tweet(s):

Adrian Wojnarowski Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

HOU offered ORL $12M in space (instead of Afflalo), recent 1st picks, future lottery and unprotected picks. Would've taken bad deals (cont.)

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

(cont.) and no need to take on Harrington contract.

ORL must be really high on Harkless.... that is the only thing I can assume. Afflalo is good but overpaid. Harrington is not guaranteed after this season but still counts as $3.somethingM cap hit next 2 years. This makes no sense.... plus they could have stuck it to D12.

Comment

Well, I said they are winners because they are going into a rebuild mode. They've made a faster rebuild than by letting him walk for nothing, allowing them to take in picks, and potential players. Harkless is unproven, but so is the other 59 picks in the draft. Afflalo is said to have greater potential, and Vucevic is a solid big man who contributed to an up-and-down Philly team. They're in a better situation now, than letting Dwight walk for nothing. i.e Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix.

But If I were to choose basically from what they received and given out, Denver are the winners. Like you stated, Iguodala is an elite wing, replacing a solid wing. Harrington's contract, and flexibility for the future.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Well, I said they are winners because they are going into a rebuild mode. They've made a faster rebuild than by letting him walk for nothing, allowing them to take in picks, and potential players. Harkless is unproven, but so is the other 59 picks in the draft. Afflalo is said to have greater potential, and Vucevic is a solid big man who contributed to an up-and-down Philly team. They're in a better situation now, than letting Dwight walk for nothing. i.e Toronto, Cleveland, Phoenix.

But If I were to choose basically from what they received and given out, Denver are the winners. Like you stated, Iguodala is an elite wing, replacing a solid wing. Harrington's contract, and flexibility for the future.
          If you look at what Houston could have offered (picks, young talent, willingness to take on more bad contracts than they sent out) it is peculiar. But then again, it is easy for me as an arm-chair GM to pick a part the trade. One would have to think Orlando and Hennigan have a plan that is better achieved through this trade than one with Houston.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            If you look at what Houston could have offered (picks, young talent, willingness to take on more bad contracts than they sent out) it is peculiar. But then again, it is easy for me as an arm-chair GM to pick a part the trade. One would have to think Orlando and Hennigan have a plan that is better achieved through this trade than one with Houston.
            I believe the things they really wanted were the three first round picks, and Harkless. Not to mention they already have a solid young prospect in Andrew Nicholson who really dominated Summer League.

They've just gotten young, and young very quickly. With guys not so much skilled, more so raw, but with good potential. Harkless is within the Derozan mold when drafted.

Rebuilding starts now.

Orlando:

PG: Nelson
            SG: Afflalo
            SF: Harkless
            PF: Anderson
            C: Nicholson

I would see that Orlando tries to unload Turkoglu as well.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I agree completely. Houston had allegedly been offering some/all of their 3 1st round picks from this year's draft, as well as expiring contracts (to take bad long-term contracts off Orlando's hands). They also could have given up multiple 1st round picks, both their own pick(s) and Toronto's conditional 1st round pick from the Lowry trade.

Harrington is overpaid and committed for multiple years - 2nd and 3rd years are 50% guaranteed, which would be a big $$$ payout. Afflalo is decent enough but also overpaid and signed long-term. I'd much clear cap space immediately and/or after next season (ie: expiring contracts from Houston), which would also likely result in even better tanking over the next few years.

I really don't get this trade from Orlando's perspective, unless the Houston rumors were 99% wrong. I can't find any way to spin this trade that puts Orlando in a better place this year, next year or long-term, than a potential deal with Houston could have.

Comment

I believe the things they really wanted were the three first round picks, and Harkless. Not to mention they already have a solid young prospect in Andrew Nicholson who really dominated Summer League.

They've just gotten young, and young very quickly. With guys not so much skilled, more so raw, but with good potential. Harkless is within the Derozan mold when drafted.

Rebuilding starts now.

Orlando:

PG: Nelson
                SG: Afflalo
                SF: Harkless
                PF: Anderson
                C: Nicholson

I would see that Orlando tries to unload Turkoglu as well.

From Houston, they could have unloaded Turkoglu and received guys like Lamb, White and Montiejunas (instead of Harkless), as well as multiple 1st round picks.

Plus, I'm hearing on ESPN Twitter feeds that the 3 1st round picks going to Orlando are "heavily protected"! I'm at a loss...

Comment

Plus, I'm hearing on ESPN Twitter feeds that the 3 1st round picks going to Orlando are "heavily protected"! I'm at a loss...
                  I just heard this as well! My goodness gracious! Someone enlighten me on this.

Comment

Working...
                  X