Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he can return to his rookie year shooting percentages and continue to be a lockdown defender and great rebounder, I can live with the contract.

If he plays like he did in year 2...... uh oh.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Unfortunately year 3 will have Fields on the books at $10M and he will be paid $5M in year 1 and 2.

I think this is overpaying but such is the nature of the restricted free agency game.
    I'm pretty sure the cap hit for Raptors is averaged - a la the Asik move by Houston. People thought that Knicks could lose Lin this way.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately year 3 will have Fields on the books at $10M and he will be paid $5M in year 1 and 2.

I think this is overpaying but such is the nature of the restricted free agency game.
    Could be nothing... Knicks might still match. This could just be a strategy to get NY out of the Nash sweepstakes:

Source - @chadfordinsider:

Nope. Can't match offer sheet AND sign-and-trade RT @KnickScoop: Does this mean #Knicks can match and trade him to PHX?
    @chadfordinsider can the Knicks offer him a new contract and then sign and trade him?

If NY does not match.. we get a quality player on the team. Win-win in my books

Post Thanks / Like

True, but who knows what value a $10M expiring contract for a 26 year old SG would have in 2 years from now, should the Raps look to get out of the last year of his contract?

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably agree with you, but as pakdawgie pointed out, the cap hit is averaged, so that puts it at about 6.67M per year, which is a little easier to swallow for us. Assuming we get Nash, I suppose this means Jose will absolutely be amnestied, unless we trade him for Nash in a S&T.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there any chance this backfires in BC's face? Like Nash gets pissed because we're limiting his options and signs with Dallas?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote pakdawgie wrote: View Post
    Also the cap hit for Raptors is averaged over 3 years (i.e. just under $7 million) but if Knicks match they use the annual salaries and they already have $65 million committed for 2014-2015 so almost impossible for them to match and absorb another $10 millon.
    I think by accepting this offer it would also place a hard cap on the knicks at $74M.

My understanding is anyone using the full MLE cannot go beyond $74M in payroll for that season.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And what to do with DD, or is he going to be our starting SF? Unless there is another trade in the works involving DD and a SF?

Slick move by BC, now how do we shut out Dallas (assuming they lose out on DWill) ?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

According to reports, it's a "verbal agreement". Couldn't Knicks just jump in with as good an offer for a S&T? At what point would this be "locked in"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    Is there any chance this backfires in BC's face? Like Nash gets pissed because we're limiting his options and signs with Dallas?
    Depends on if he truly wanted Fields or not.

It also raises yet another question about DD's future in Toronto.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    I doubt it because by all accounts the Mavs are really swooning Deron hard at the moment and the likelihood of him landing in Dallas look pretty strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Katman wrote: View Post
    And what to do with DD, or is he going to be our starting SF? Unless there is another trade in the works involving DD and a SF?

Slick move by BC, now how do we shut out Dallas (assuming they lose out on DWill) ?
    Hmm... maybe Triano can head down to wherever Nowitzki is and break his legs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    I would probably agree with you, but as pakdawgie pointed out, the cap hit is averaged, so that puts it at about 6.67M per year, which is a little easier to swallow for us. Assuming we get Nash, I suppose this means Jose will absolutely be amnestied, unless we trade him for Nash in a S&T.
    Ahhhhhhh, well that is not nearly as bad for year 3 but still kind of sucks for year 1 and 2.

Fields at $6.67M? Hmmmmmmm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I doubt it because by all accounts the Mavs are really swooning Deron hard at the moment and the likelihood of him landing in Dallas look pretty strong.
    You sure?

I read Cuban didn't even show up to the swooning and Williams was working out in Brooklyn facilities today.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahhhhhhh, well that is not nearly as bad for year 3 but still kind of sucks for year 1 and 2.

Fields at $6.67M? Hmmmmmmm
    It's essentially Barbosa money. It also means Barbosa is not coming back.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You sure?

I read Cuban didn't even show up to the swooning and Williams was working out in Brooklyn facilities today.
    I'll try and find the link, but I read the other day that Deron had been in Dallas for couple days been shown the town via Kidd as a strong sell. Let me see if I can find it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    It's essentially Barbosa money. It also means Barbosa is not coming back.
    I'm not sure Barbosa was a great contract though - lol - better than Turk that is for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually expect the Knicks to match. Given their cap position, would they be able to sign another free agent to replace Landry, for the price that Landry would cost to match? Imagine their fanbase if they were to renounce Fields and still not sign Nash??? They might just giveup their pursuit of Nash and bring back Fields.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can swallow Fields for 6.67mil!
    Why does this spell danger for Derozan? Cant Fields play the 3? He is 6'7'', only an inch smaller than Carmelo, and he is a smart defender!

Post Thanks / Like

It also raises yet another question about DD's future in Toronto.
    Demar's gotta be breathing pretty hard right now
    @jerboat

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information