Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    yes.. hes ok but not better then Jose.. & i doubt he ever lives upto the stretch of games he put together..i think the flash in a pan label is bang on
    i agree...honestly i think adding lin would the worst move the raptors can make. I would rather keep jose expiring contract and see what we could get at the trade deadline. If no bites i would consider devin harris in next years free agency. the best option tho is nash i think landry compliments him so well...landry is a more athelitic, younger and has a better upset of a jared dudley. If BC lands nash and landry i would be very happy, i don't want to see DD moved tho i think he has a real shot at being good

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    not saying i like the $ just the player.. hes RFA & hes cheaper then Batum.. you have to over pay a little in these situations.. or teams just match.. BC also may be hoping they do match though so well have to wait & see how it plays out i guess
    He is cheaper than Batum because he is not anywhere near as good a player as Batum is.

I will wait and see how it plays out as none of us knows what the future holds but no other team in the league is offering Landry Fields that type of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    he averaged 10.5 ppg 5.2 rpg 47.8% from the field with melo out. no idea what that'd convert to at 33 mins per game
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Calderon isn't that much worse at setting up players around him than Nash...
    The Raptors want to get out and run this year (they've wanted to go in that direction for a couple of years), but Jose is not that kind of guy. How many times have we seen Jose go out and run a fast break only to stop and set up a half court offense instead? Jose is a good point guard, but he's not as good as Nash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    He is cheaper than Batum because he is not anywhere near as good a player as Batum is.

I will wait and see how it plays out as none of us knows what the future holds but no other team in the league is offering Landry Fields that type of contract.
    I'd rather give Fields 3 years, 20 million than give Batum 4 years, 56-60 million.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. Landry Fields SUCKS! I like the manuevering etc. to not allow NYK to get Nash .. but come on . this guy is the 11th man on the god damn Knicks!

For anyone who complains about Nash contract .. its a bargain compared to this P.O.S.

Hmmmmm...

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    he averaged 10.5 ppg 5.2 rpg 47.8% from the field with melo out. no idea what that'd convert to at 33 mins per game
    hahaha this is correct, i guess-timated too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    Totally agree. Landry Fields SUCKS! I like the manuevering etc. to not allow NYK to get Nash .. but come on . this guy is the 11th man on the god damn Knicks!

For anyone who complains about Nash contract .. its a bargain compared to this P.O.S.

Hmmmmm...
    how was he a 11th man? 6th maybe?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mountio wrote: View Post

Hmmmmm...
    Yeah, maybe you should have watched the kid play over the past couple of seasons instead of just looking at his stats from this season. It just reeks of someone (you) talking out of his ass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Considering....

1) Knicks played no defense until Woodson arrived,
    2) stats don't back up your claim,
    3) Knicks were +5.5 with him on the court and -0.2 with him off

.....I call B.S.

The biggest issue with Fields is his drop off in offensive production - which coincidentally coincided with the arrival of Carmelo "Ball Stopper/Team Quitter/Me, Me, Me" Anthony.
    1) When Woodson took over did you see Fields turn into a lock-down defender? Shumpert perhaps but not Fields.
    2) What do the stats indicate? Once again please show me how he is a lock-down defender
    3) + and - are cool but does it translate to wins?

For the 1 and a half years that he was playing for D└ntonio and an offensive minded squad where was his offensive production? Anthony killed it. Right.

You still can`t respond either to the money invested into a role player.

Fields is a role player and I do not see these type of contracts being handed out to these type of dudes unless they are bigs.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sources say the Raptors have long been enamoured of Fields, whose production fell off dramatically in his second of two seasons with the Knicks.
    I love how Doug Smith always tries to be "politically correct" when it comes to the Raptors.

Just admit it was a dirty, sleazy, disgustingly-brilliant BC tactic! hahahaha

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Knicks were a circus last year given their injuries, coaching change and line-up tinkering. Just a year ago the Knicks did not want to give him up in the Melo deal. Not a star but an excellent complimentary player, and given that the Raptors are not a team that can really attract max type players, spending 10% of the salary cap on young players like this is the right way to build the team (other than blowing it up Thunder-style).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

With the Field's offer being made with the Gilbert Arenas provision and thus forcing us into the 6.67 yearly cap hit (which would be above the mid level exemption), this may lead to the end of the rest of our exemptions including the TPE and our Bird right's.

Combined with the Nash numbers of 12 mil + 6.67+ 41 mil (already on our books)gives a total of 59.7 mil which is very close to what should be the soft cap number.

If these 2 deals go down that may very well be it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'd rather give Fields 3 years, 20 million than give Batum 4 years, 56-60 million.
    I`d rather Batum who I know can take his game to the next level.

I will always take potential difference makers over a role player any day of the week. I`d also rather overpay for a talent that has all-star potential (some may disagree) in Batum than a glorified role player in Fields.

Don`t get me wrong, Fields is a decent player but a 3 year 20 million dollar commitment is too much.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re the last point....a team would have to have the cap space to sign a free agent. Not too many do to the extent of the offer at least. There is one person thankful here...Landry...he is guaranteed that contract.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you a GM?

Is this really Chad Ford?

How do you know?

I certainly don't know that of which I do know.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    With the Field's offer being made with the Gilbert Arenas provision and thus forcing us into the 6.67 yearly cap hit (which would be above the mid level exemption), this may lead to the end of the rest of our exemptions including the TPE and our Bird right's.

Combined with the Nash numbers of 12 mil + 6.67+ 41 mil (already on our books)gives a total of 59.7 mil which is very close to what should be the soft cap number.

If these 2 deals go down that may very well be it.
    No this completely ignores the Calderon amnesty option which frees up $10.5 million. That said some of this room would be taken up by the 2012 draft picks. There is also the MLE option.

Post Thanks / Like

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
    Not so funny in Toronto RT @johnhollinger: Believe final yr of Fields deal will be 9.8M. Will become funnier when Nash signs someplace else
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if BC's move for Fields is motivated by the acquisition of Nash and Nash chooses another team prior to July 11th, could BC simply not give Fields a formal offer sheet on July 11th? Nothing is official before July 11th, it's simply all verbal agreements. It's not like the Raptors would absolutely be stuck with Fields if Nash doesn't choose Toronto, right? I don't really get what Hollinger is talking about...

Post Thanks / Like

I`d rather Batum who I know can take his game to the next level.

I will always take potential difference makers over a role player any day of the week. I`d also rather overpay for a talent that has all-star potential (some may disagree) in Batum than a glorified role player in Fields.

Don`t get me wrong, Fields is a decent player but a 3 year 20 million dollar commitment is too much.
    Batum hasn't really proved to be that kind of player. 14 million a year? Forget that. Both players have potential. But there's no way you can tell me Batum has more potential than Fields.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Batum hasn't really proved to be that kind of player. 14 million a year? Forget that. Both players have potential. But there's no way you can tell me Batum has more potential than Fields.
    It's also a moot point, as Batum has declared that he only wants to play for Minnesota or Portland. He shouldn't really be in the discussion anymore, similar to Rudy Gay. If either of their situations change, then they can certainly be back in the Raptors' SF discussion, but no point at the moment.

Thread Information