No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link to story about Anderson trade from Orlando to New Orleans: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...-ryan-anderson

One line stands out as a perfect comparison to the Fields/NYK situation and why a S&T could/should still be pursued:

The Magic had the opportunity to match New Orleans' four-year, $36 million offer sheet, but declined.
    If NYK choose not to match the offer made by Toronto, they should put pride/spite aside and do what is in their best interest, which would be to facilitate a S&T deal that actually returns assets, rather than simply letting Fields walk for nothing in return.

A deal for a 2nd round pick and/or rights to Zubcic, in addition to the $3.15M TPE that would be created (50% of a $6.3M annual salary for Fields), would be beneficial to NYK and would cost them absolutely nothing. It seems like a no-brainer... but this is the NYK we're talking about ;-)

Comment

• Personally, I think the Knicks are playing games but you never know... you know?

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Colangelo said Knicks value Fields and are waiting on a few other things before making a call

Michael Grange Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange

In free agency you overpay to get a player and in restricted free agency you overpay a little more-- BC #Raptors #NBA

Ryan Wolstat Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

Colangelo: Knicks 50:50 o keeping Fields

Eric Koreen Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

"The Knicks have informed me they are very interested in retaining Landry." 50/50 prop whether it gets matched, he says

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley

@ekoreen reports that the Raptors GM says it's a '50/50' chance the Knicks match Landry Fields offer sheet. I've heard it's closer to zero

Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

Overpay in free agency; more so in restricted free agency "We think ... there's going to be significant value" for Fields

Eric Koreen Eric Koreen ‏@ekoreen

"I think I'm criticized for every contract I sign. So I just take it [with] the territory."

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI

Said while crossing fingers, presumably RT @michaelgrange Colangelo says #Knicks are "50-50" on matching Fields offer.

Comment

• A lot of twit-heads making fun of the idea of Knicks matching Fields offer. I place a lot of faith in Woj and here is what he says:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Agree with @FisolaNYDN and absolutely do not rule out Knicks matching Landry Fields offer sheet. They have a 3-year window to win now.

Comment

• I like fields and although he'd be overpaid I hope the knicks don't match. I think they may consider it but retaining Lin is costing a lot, they will be deep in the luxury tax if they decide they want to match fields aswell

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
            I like fields and although he'd be overpaid I hope the knicks don't match. I think they may consider it but retaining Lin is costing a lot, they will be deep in the luxury tax if they decide they want to match fields aswell
            There is word that Lin was a little upset that the Knicks did not reach out and try to make an offer for him, rather they just waited for a team to sign him so they could match. Maybe keeping his buddy in town will be a nice olive branch to say we value you and see you as part of the future.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              A lot of twit-heads making fun of the idea of Knicks matching Fields offer. I place a lot of faith in Woj and here is what he says:
              If Fields is matched, I'd be all for the Raps throwing the same money at Mayo. And of course I'm still all for pursuing a trade for Gay or Iggy, regardless of Fields or Mayo being added!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                If Fields is matched, I'd be all for the Raps throwing the same money at Mayo. And of course I'm still all for pursuing a trade for Gay or Iggy, regardless of Fields or Mayo being added!
                Hold the Mayo for me please.

Bad pun but the truth nonetheless.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Hold the Mayo for me please.

Bad pun but the truth nonetheless.
                  Same here. Not really a fan of Mayo, but thats me.

Wont be heartbroken if Fields doesnt sign here either, i think they should try to make a play for a more scoring, athletic wing.
                  Everybody has a price.

Comment

• “The Knicks have informed me that they are very interested in retaining Landry and at this stage the best I could get from them in terms of a commitment about whether or not the deal would be matched was a 50/50 proposition quote unquote,” said Raptors President and General Manager Bryan Colangelo. “They are trying to work through some other scenarios to see if they can make it viable to sign him.”

New York Knicks Consider Matching Fields
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

• Knicks could match Landry Fields offer

Twitter : https://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statu...26277450772481

Rotoworld's take : http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=183434&spln=1

I don't know whether i would be happy or sad. Sad because Fields is a quality player, happy because I'm not convinced it was the greatest contract.

Comment

• Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

• If this is true it could give momentum to the Batum S&T rumours. Think positive!

Comment

• Fields has signed Toronto's offer sheet:

RaptorsPR‏@RaptorsPR
                            ‪#Raptors‬ officially sign Landry Fields to offer sheet. Knicks will have until Saturday to match Toronto's offer.

Any hope for a S&T deal with NYK is now officially dead. Looks like Toronto will lose the Barbosa TPE and the MLE, if NYK doesn't match.
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jul 11, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• What a waste of precious assets. No offense, but Landry Fields? The TPE could have been used for a trade & MLE, well another player.
                              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                                What a waste of precious assets. No offense, but Landry Fields? The TPE could have been used for a trade & MLE, well another player.
                                have you heard anyone better who wants to join us badly?
                                no?
                                Fields will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X