OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

The Knicks have to decide today whether or not to match the #Raptors' offer sheet to Landry Fields. They have until 11:59:59 p.m.

Comment

• Usagi_yo_Jimbo wrote: View Post
      The knicks are dumb. They either want him back or they dont. Simple.
      its actually smart. when we make an offer our cap space is tied up until they decide one way or another. So if we pull a stunt like front loading or using the poison pill option, they have no incentive to match until midnight tonight. It's there way of being a dick because we were. Also buys time for some other teams in similar situations they can spend their way up to the cap and then they can go over by matching
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

The Knicks have to decide today whether or not to match the #Raptors' offer sheet to Landry Fields. They have until 11:59:59 p.m.
        Thanks Matt...I'f I'm the Knicks I hold the Raps cap space as long as I can...no sense in letting us get any better since we are in the same division
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          Thanks Matt...I'f I'm the Knicks I hold the Raps cap space as long as I can...no sense in letting us get any better since we are in the same division
          Exactly.

I always thought it was a given - regardless of conference or division - that is another team makes an offer on your RFA you drag it out as long as you possible can.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Exactly.

I always thought it was a given - regardless of conference or division - that is another team makes an offer on your RFA you drag it out as long as you possible can.
            Makes me wonder if the raptors have any other free agents in mind?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
              Makes me wonder if the raptors have any other free agents in mind?
              Or trades, since they'd be able to take back nearly $7M more than they send out. Of the free agents still out there, I could see BC having interest to varying degree in Mayo and Courtney Lee, just off the top of my head. I would bet that BC has some 'next moves' mapped out, for both a Fields signing and a NYK matching.

The next couple days could be fun for us Raptors fans!

Comment

• Seems even less likely that the Knicks will match now.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...er_Offer_Sheet

The third year of that Lin deal is for $15 million. They won't be able to afford Fields at $9 million that same year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  Seems even less likely that the Knicks will match now.

The third year of that Lin deal is for $15 million. They won't be able to afford Fields at $9 million that same year.
                  Ya I posted that earlier, I really don't think they care about the luxury tax though. If they still want him they'll keep him. Jersey sales alone will pay for the taxes

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Seems even less likely that the Knicks will match now.

Although the NYK don't really care about money, as they are so profitable. Also, as far as luxury tax is concerned, I believe it's based on team payroll (ie: per salary cap), so the total salary for both Lin and Fields is averaged out and therefore year 3 won't be as much of a problem for them.

Comment

• That being said I honestly don't think knicks really have any intent on keeping him but that's just my opinion.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Although the NYK don't really care about money, as they are so profitable. Also, as far as luxury tax is concerned, I believe it's based on team payroll (ie: per salary cap), so the total salary for both Lin and Fields is averaged out and therefore year 3 won't be as much of a problem for them.
                        Not the case. It is averaged out for the team offering the poison pill, but if the rights holding team matches the cap hit is exactly the salary structure so in year 3 they get screwed. One of the benefits of offering a poison pill.

Comment

• @AlexKennedyNBA: The Knicks are considering signing UFA Raymond Felton and letting RFA Jeremy Lin walk to the Rockets, a source close to situation confirms.

What does this mean for fields?

Comment

• The Knicks are not matching the offer sheet to Landry Fields, his agent said.
                            https://twitter.com/Al_Iannazzone/st...16625388711936

Woot!

Comment

• Marc stein confirms aswell. Fields is a raptor

Comment

• Legion Sports ‏@MySportsLegion
                                Knicks fans, no worries. Knicks will NOT match offer sheet for Landry Fields. Fields will become a member of the Raptors......for $20 mil.
                                It's actually 18.7 mil-_-
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X