OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    one thing though, considering the relationship Nash has with Colangelo and Triano, don't you think he'd give them a heads up that he wasn't going to sign rather than waste our time?
    one would think so..

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      one thing though, considering the relationship Nash has with Colangelo and Triano, don't you think he'd give them a heads up that he wasn't going to sign rather than waste our time?
      Exactly. This either means Nash is screwing with us, or he is just taking his good old time to give BC the nod(lets hope this is the case)

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        They shouldn't have to do that. This is not a competition for Sarver's affection, it's a competition for Nash's affection. The Raptors don't need to deal. They have an amnesty clause.
        Shouldn't have to, and I agree with you that it's all about Nash and we could sign Nash without the S & T component, but an s & t after signing Nash would allow us to sign another decent FA or two.

Comment

• It's Colangelo and Triano, not Amare, Spike Lee and the rest of his drinking buddies. The only thing he owes BC and Triano is professional courtesy and nothing more.

Comment

• I figure as much as he;d like to play in the same city he spends his off-season, but question is..will Phoenix take NY's garbage to get it done? And will he (Nash) want to leave money on the table?

Comment

• If they don't sign Nash it's just going to amplify not being able to land Barnes, Waiters or Lillard...atleast for me anyways.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                If they don't sign Nash it's just going to amplify not being able to land Barnes, Waiters or Lillard...atleast for me anyways.
                If they don't sign Nash it'll at least stop this emotional rollercoaster we're on!

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  It's Colangelo and Triano, not Amare, Spike Lee and the rest of his drinking buddies. The only thing he owes BC and Triano is professional courtesy and nothing more.
                  thats exactly what i was alluding to
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Shouldn't have to, and I agree with you that it's all about Nash and we could sign Nash without the S & T component, but an s & t after signing Nash would allow us to sign another decent FA or two.
                    Wasn't it Nash who came out and said he would do a S&T, so Phoenix would get something in return? I think BC is negotiating with Nash to convince him to sign, then BC will honor his request and negotiate the S&T deal with Phoenix. I could see Phoenix wanting either Calderon or Bayless, plus maybe JJ and/or a 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Arbitrary number of around 30 minutes seems to meet my criteria.

There are many who feel Love is all offensive and no defense, fantasy basketball dream but little contribution to on court wins. This kind of lends credibility given the 'success' Minnesota has had in his first 3 years and the result once Rubio went down this year.

But to imply that Fields is better than Love is not something I agree with at all.
                      Again, you're disregarding the parity between teammates.

All this and nothing about the topic at hand. Great job.

Wow. You really do hold a grudge - just as I thought and that is cool. I apologized when I hurt your feelings before and I've apologized for having a difference of opinion with you now. Isn't that what you are looking for? Otherwise I really don't know what your posts are all about.... You are right!
                      Now you're really begging the question here.

I'm afraid I can't see a favourable trend developing here. There's less and less substance with every post you make.

Let me say this: I hold no ill feelings towards you Matt. It's just that your troll posts and flamebaits were so bad before that I feel compelled to help you improve.
                      I'm the first to admit when I am wrong (I think I've done it on these forums 5 times in the last 2 days), you just can't come at me with, "You're wrong because I say you're wrong!"
                      Again, show me where I said this.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Someone like Bayless isn't going to accomplish that. They'd have to send Amir Johnson there.

Comment

• i dont think nash waiting on the knicks means he wants to go there. If i were a free agent and had a 12 mil/year offer and NY was coming after me i would want to wait and see what they can offer me, doesnt mean i would go to NY i would want to weigh out the options.

Comment

• Toinsy wrote: View Post
                            Sources have Nash giving time to the Knicks to figure out a sign and trade..... Buy or sell?! Is it even possible anymore?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade
                            Has anyone ever noticed there are rarely stories given through 'sources' with Nash?

All stories generally have direct quotes from him or lack the anonymous 'source'.

I don't buy this story because it is well known Nash's inner circle is extremely small and they do not play these games through media personalities such as Aldridge. It is just now how he has ever operated - even when PHX let everyone go who was a part of the Suns glory years and deep playoff run in 2010.

Personally, I think this source is a person connected with the Knicks. I believe Nash to stick to his word and make a decision within 4-5 days. I think the last bit of business is to hear what Dallas says.

Nash spurning the Raptors now would have devastating effects, in my opinion, on his role with Basketball Canada and his Canadian business ventures in retirement.

This is all my opinion.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              Has anyone ever noticed there are rarely stories given through 'sources' with Nash?

All stories generally have direct quotes from him or lack the anonymous 'source'...
                              Really good point Matt. He is notorious for not playing the kind of games that are common in pro sports. He did say, both early and late, that he would seriously consider all offers. It appears that he is doing exactly that.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                                Again, you're disregarding the parity between teammates.

All this and nothing about the topic at hand. Great job.

Now you're really begging the question here.

I'm afraid I can't see a favourable trend developing here. There's less and less substance with every post you make.

Let me say this: I hold no ill feelings towards you Matt. It's just that your troll posts and flamebaits were so bad before that I feel compelled to help you improve.
                                Again, show me where I said this.
                                The white flag is waiving.

You are 100% correct.

All I ask is you leave me be so I can lick my wounds in the corner.

I don't know how I can be more clear.

Please do not subject other RR members to your ongoing quest for supremacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X