OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome! Starting SF for the Raps!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Fields a Raptor

Al Iannazzone: The Knicks are not matching the offer sheet to Landry Fields, his agent said. Twitter
      http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
      Last edited by jbml; Sat Jul 14, 2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• JGWS, if people still believe in alabi. Then they should say nothing bad about fields.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• If anything, our defense is gonna be so much better this season, what with Fields, JoVal and Lowry entering the mix. I'm pretty stoked.

Comment

• Welcome Landry Fields!

If anything he'll be a great personality in the locker room.
            Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sun Jul 15, 2012, 03:23 AM.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• We'll see how this signing pans out, he really didn't mesh with Melo well (like the entire Knicks team) so there's promise that in a more team oriented ofence he will look much better. But of course it's all speculation now, we'll have to wait until the season to see how our new additions look together

Comment

• I love this signing, and I think his contract is actually a great value. He's the best rebounder in the whole goddamn league from the two guard position, and well above average for a SF. Add that to a solid 3-pt stroke (yes, I think last season was an aberration), good help defense, and great instincts off the ball and you've got literally the perfect player to make up for Bargs' weaknesses.

Comment

• its official
                  http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...landry-fields/
                  "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• I like him coming to the raps, he was my favorite Knick over the last 2 seasons from the games I watched. His contract is a bit high but I think he can play to the contract. If not we will all have something to bitch about and it will be worth someone elses money just for that.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
                      I like him coming to the raps, he was my favorite Knick over the last 2 seasons from the games I watched. His contract is a bit high but I think he can play to the contract. If not we will all have something to bitch about and it will be worth someone elses money just for that.
                      Somewhere Bargnani is doing a fist pump.

Comment

• I love the signing. Looks like Casey's got his hand on this as well. He can defend and rebound. If he gets his shooting stroke back, bonus.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Is Landry Fields actually a bad shooter?

From watching Knicks games last year, I seemed to recall him getting passed the ball late in the shot clock a lot, being forced to shoot bad shots. So, I decided to fire up Synergy and watch every Landry Fields 3-pt attempt from last season to confirm if my memory was correct. I divided all his shot attempts into three categories:

1. "Good" shots (open shots in the flow of the offense)
                          2. Bad shots forced by the shot clock
                          3. "Bad shots" (shots that the player forced, not open and/or not in the flow of the offense)

My results? Well, here's the good news, first: Landry Fields doesn't take many bad shots. Out of 126 3pt attempts last season, only 8 of them were "bad"(1-8). A further 18 were bad shots he was forced to take to try to bail out the end of a possession(2-18).

Unfortunately, of the 100 good, reasonably open 3-pointers Fields took last season, he only made 29. Landry Fields's bad shooting last year was NOT primarily because he was stuck in a crappy, Melo-centric offense. It was because he didn't make shots.

The one thing that really jumped out at me from watching the video was that this is a guy who really needs a shooting coach. His form was inconsistent all season. His release is a little bit farther forward than you would like, and he looks like he's trying to work on that...but he's going about it all wrong. In trying to bring his release up higher, he's getting his body off-center and fading a bit on his shots. He also seems to have briefly experimented with a very high, Dirk-style release that was completely ineffective for him. I think if he picks a form--just one--and really works on it with a good shooting coach, he will get back to his rookie season numbers. If not...God help us all.

Comment

• We officially need an everything Landry Fields thread.....NOW!
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• tkfu wrote: View Post
                              From watching Knicks games last year, I seemed to recall him getting passed the ball late in the shot clock a lot, being forced to shoot bad shots. So, I decided to fire up Synergy and watch every Landry Fields 3-pt attempt from last season to confirm if my memory was correct. I divided all his shot attempts into three categories:

1. "Good" shots (open shots in the flow of the offense)
                              2. Bad shots forced by the shot clock
                              3. "Bad shots" (shots that the player forced, not open and/or not in the flow of the offense)

My results? Well, here's the good news, first: Landry Fields doesn't take many bad shots. Out of 126 3pt attempts last season, only 8 of them were "bad"(1-8). A further 18 were bad shots he was forced to take to try to bail out the end of a possession(2-18).

Unfortunately, of the 100 good, reasonably open 3-pointers Fields took last season, he only made 29. Landry Fields's bad shooting last year was NOT primarily because he was stuck in a crappy, Melo-centric offense. It was because he didn't make shots.

The one thing that really jumped out at me from watching the video was that this is a guy who really needs a shooting coach. His form was inconsistent all season. His release is a little bit farther forward than you would like, and he looks like he's trying to work on that...but he's going about it all wrong. In trying to bring his release up higher, he's getting his body off-center and fading a bit on his shots. He also seems to have briefly experimented with a very high, Dirk-style release that was completely ineffective for him. I think if he picks a form--just one--and really works on it with a good shooting coach, he will get back to his rookie season numbers. If not...God help us all.
                              I mean no disrespect and im not being sarcastic, but are you, or ever was a pro basketball shooting coach?

Comment

• Nope, only amateur. But it doesn't take a pro to see there's something wrong with his stroke--just watch the tape. There are plenty of great shooters with an unconventional or "bad" shooting form, but none with an inconsistent form. Good shooting is all about meticulous repetition, and if your form changes every time you shoot, your practice time is being wasted.

Comment

Working...
                                X