• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [/QUOTE]

Nice read.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I'll take a stab:

MLE in year 1 and 2.
    Year 3 (2014-2015) the Raps have the cap space for the offer.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I'd be shocked if they renounce MLE, TPE, and Weems/Bayless/Gray. If it is true, then I have an image of BC standing up and pushing all his chips over the table while telling Grunwald to go f*ck himself.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      ROTFLMAO ... thanks, you just made my day heinz.
      you're quite welcome, sir

Comment

• wow this hit 10 pages pretty quick huh
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          Okay, how about Steve Novak's 8.3?

I can give you another shit ton of examples if you want.
          Sorry. 18.9 minutes per game doesn't cut it either.

But if this is the reply you are looking for:

I admit it, Prime. I am wrong as I've been in the past and will likely be again in the future. Clearly you have never been so I understand your insistence on continuing to come at me with stats based on rookie a 2nd round pick and a player waived more times than the Canadian flag. (*Nice pun, eh?*)

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            wait, is this a tactic to take fields out of the possible s&t for nash? nice job, BC
            yes I think there is tactics going on here. Think 3 moves ahead
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• Good article from Tim Chisholm at TSN, regarding the Fields offer and how it relates to Nash.

LINK: http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=399845

Comment

• I think 5-7 mill for Fields is fair. He's a solid (not spectacular), young starter. Batuum isn't twice the player. He's not Deng, Iggy, Gay, etc. He can't be worth more than 10 mill. 14 is a huge gamble. I think he makes the Raps marginally better at a reasonable contract -- whether we like it or not that's the going rate for a wing starter in the league.

If we get Fields we don't need Weems. Our offer sheet was only a bit under 2 mill, if they offer him 3-5 mill he should take it and run. Good for Sonny. That year in Europe paid off for him.

Comment

• BC doesn't want Weems, the QO was only to lock up an opposing teams cap for 3 days.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Sorry. 18.9 minutes per game doesn't cut it either.
                    So what kind of arbitrary number are we aiming for here? 20? 25? 30?

FYI, Kevin Love has a +/- of 1.

Now don't tell me you're going to argue Fields > Love next. Clearly, Love must be playing with MVP-caliber talent huh?

But if this is the reply you are looking for:

I admit it, Prime. I am wrong as I've been in the past and will likely be again in the future. Clearly you have never been so I understand your insistence on continuing to come at me with stats based on rookie a 2nd round pick and a player waived more times than the Canadian flag. (*Nice pun, eh?*)
                    I don't know what you're insinuating here but this is a terrible flamebait. You had more potential when you were a mod.

2/10

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                      BC doesn't want Weems, the QO was only to lock up an opposing teams cap for 3 days.
                      That's pretty crafty. This might be the first time I'm impressed with BC.

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, well that is not nearly as bad for year 3 but still kind of sucks for year 1 and 2.

Fields at $6.67M? Hmmmmmmm
                        Consider we have to pay above market and the question you have to ask yourself is Fields worth 5 million....I say he is
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Fields has shown he can start at SF or SG too...just didn't fit in with Woodson's vision after D'Antoni got canned

Comment

If you comment on what you see, I'm not sure where Batum came from.

Yes, I was very high on Miller last year (remember too). Unfortunately he never did regain the promise pre-ACL injury. Throughout the year I was also high on MKG, Barnes, Lamb, Ross, Beal. So there you go.
                            No need to get defensive. I actually thought Miller was a lock at our pick at 37. It was not an attempt to suggest you were wrong, only to say that there were other options at the 3 that I would have been fine with.

I am concerned with the money they offered Fields. 3 years from now we would have potentially over 20 million in salary locked into him and a 41 year old Nash.

I know it is just one year but this is not the prudent or responsbile way of managing a team or trying to build a real contender.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                              Consider we have to pay above market and the question you have to ask yourself is Fields worth 5 million....I say he is
                              Agreed. I would say that Fields is not quite as good as Wilson Chandler, but has the potential to develop into a similar player; can play SF or SG, contributes on both ends of the court, content with being 3rd/4th option on offense, good hustle, good rebounder, smart player... Chandler's contract averages $7.4M over the next 4 seasons and he's coming off hip surgery, whereas Fields is a year younger, healthy and would make an average of $6.7M over the next 3 seasons.

Plus, there's no guarantee that he'll even play all 3 seasons with Toronto. At $5M for each of the first two seasons, I think it's good value, given his performance and potential. If he improves and realizes that potential, $9M wouldn't necessarily be too much of a stretch three years from now... or he could be a 26 year old SG with a $9M expiring contract, which could become a very useful trade asset two years from now.
                              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• So, if the Knicks match Fields, they can't make him part of a S&T deal with Phoenix, since you can't traded a player whose offer you matched. The backloaded contract makes it expensive for Knicks to match anyway (this is a page from Morey/Asik deal).

Colangelo is desperate to get Nash. Maybe he thinks he can create Phoenix East again.

Comment

Working...
                                X