OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
    Is there any chance this backfires in BC's face? Like Nash gets pissed because we're limiting his options and signs with Dallas?
    I doubt it because by all accounts the Mavs are really swooning Deron hard at the moment and the likelihood of him landing in Dallas look pretty strong.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
      And what to do with DD, or is he going to be our starting SF? Unless there is another trade in the works involving DD and a SF?

Slick move by BC, now how do we shut out Dallas (assuming they lose out on DWill) ?
      Hmm... maybe Triano can head down to wherever Nowitzki is and break his legs

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        I would probably agree with you, but as pakdawgie pointed out, the cap hit is averaged, so that puts it at about 6.67M per year, which is a little easier to swallow for us. Assuming we get Nash, I suppose this means Jose will absolutely be amnestied, unless we trade him for Nash in a S&T.
        Ahhhhhhh, well that is not nearly as bad for year 3 but still kind of sucks for year 1 and 2.

Fields at $6.67M? Hmmmmmmm

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          I doubt it because by all accounts the Mavs are really swooning Deron hard at the moment and the likelihood of him landing in Dallas look pretty strong.
          You sure?

I read Cuban didn't even show up to the swooning and Williams was working out in Brooklyn facilities today.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Ahhhhhhh, well that is not nearly as bad for year 3 but still kind of sucks for year 1 and 2.

It's essentially Barbosa money. It also means Barbosa is not coming back.

Comment

You sure?

I read Cuban didn't even show up to the swooning and Williams was working out in Brooklyn facilities today.
              I'll try and find the link, but I read the other day that Deron had been in Dallas for couple days been shown the town via Kidd as a strong sell. Let me see if I can find it again.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                It's essentially Barbosa money. It also means Barbosa is not coming back.
                I'm not sure Barbosa was a great contract though - lol - better than Turk that is for sure!

Comment

I actually expect the Knicks to match. Given their cap position, would they be able to sign another free agent to replace Landry, for the price that Landry would cost to match? Imagine their fanbase if they were to renounce Fields and still not sign Nash??? They might just giveup their pursuit of Nash and bring back Fields.

Comment

I can swallow Fields for 6.67mil!
                    Why does this spell danger for Derozan? Cant Fields play the 3? He is 6'7'', only an inch smaller than Carmelo, and he is a smart defender!
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

It also raises yet another question about DD's future in Toronto.
                      Demar's gotta be breathing pretty hard right now
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Depends on if he truly wanted Fields or not.

It also raises yet another question about DD's future in Toronto.
                        Bayless as well

Comment

Oh, I agree it's pricey at first. But if it lands us Nash, I think he'll be quite able to make Fields a $7M player.

Comment

I'm not sure Barbosa was a great contract though - lol - better than Turk that is for sure!
                            True.. I'd rather have Chandler at that price tag, but this was a way to ensure NY stays away from Nash. So in that regards it was a no brainer for BC. But I think a $6.7M contract would be easy to move in this league. Heck if Joe Johnson, Luke Walton, or Gilbert Arenas can be traded, anyone can.

Comment

Skillz!

I love the manoeuvring/c0ck blocking. Landry can do a little bit of everything except hustle. He does lots and lots of that. NYK sorely misused Fields since Melo came aboard and I'd love to have him. He's like JJ only, ya know, a real basketball player.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                                True.. I'd rather have Chandler at that price tag, but this was a way to ensure NY stays away from Nash. So in that regards it was a no brainer for BC. But I think a $6.7M contract would be easy to move in this league. Heck if Joe Johnson, Luke Walton, or Gilbert Arenas can be traded, anyone can.
                                you forgot hedo, lol
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X