Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    What 24 year old with potential that fits an area of need did BC sign in 2006-2007?

But, seriously, I do get your point. It will be interesting to see what else happens this off season. Without serious organic growth and multiple breakout years (AB, DD, ED, JJ, TR, JV, AJ), or other trades/transactions, the Raps might be seriously limited in how far they can go in the playoffs - assuming they get there of course.
    Alright, so Kapono was 26. Pretty close.

Look, Fields is fine. He's a solid role who can do a little bit of everything. Sadly, the day he signs he'll be the best wing on the team. But this team already has a bunch of role players. Maybe this is the best that was out there for them but this team desperately needs an impact perimeter guy with or without Nash. That so badly needs to be solved that it's hard to get too excited about another bench player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

Look, Fields is fine. He's a solid role who can do a little bit of everything. Sadly, the day he signs he'll be the best wing on the team. But this team already has a bunch of role players. Maybe this is the best that was out there for them but this team desperately needs an impact perimeter guy with or without Nash. That so badly needs to be solved that it's hard to get too excited about another bench player.
    I would say the Fields signing is partly to improve chances of acquiring Nash and partly to add depth/flexibility to the wing position. As you said, I hope this isn't the final move this offeason for the Raptors, as it relates to the starting SF position.

BC has lots of assets still at his disposal to make a run at a guy like Iguodala. Amir & JJ & Bayless & 2013 1st round pick (top-6 protected) would be a good deal. Philly would get a backup PG, a backup PF and PF/SF depth, an additional 1st round pick next season and save about $1.7M this upcoming season. Iggy & DD could start on the wings, with Fields & Ross playing together in the 2nd unit. Assuming Nash gets acquired (in S&T for Calderon), the Raps would only be about $5M over the cap (while still needing a backup PG).

I'm not saying that deal will happen, just pointing out that there's lots of options for further improvement. I doubt Nash & Fields marks the end of BC's offseason.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post

Kapono was signed for 2007-2008 season.

I agree with you on the need for another impact player. But the Raps have added another solid perimeter player assuming 2nd year was an aberration and he really is the player he showed pre-Melo. If anything this helps make other assets expendable that might help land the type of player you/I/we are looking for.

Your bold sentence above, while sad, is still a step in the right direction. Toronto is limited in free agency because of losing stigma and lack of SF's available this year in free agency. With those things considered and assuming Fields returns to and improves on rookie form, I like the move. Clearly Fields excelled in a ball movement and player movement offense (and that stopped when Melo came to NY) and it appears that is the type of offense that DC looks to run.

Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/s...t=12741&page=2

Anyone ever stroll onto other forums? Notice how barbaric knick fans are LOL, they are really bitter about this
    ("F*CK THE CRAPTORS!")

They seem unanimous that they wont match the offer (GOOD!)
    They also believe we are after Lin now as well.
    They also claim Nash is as good as gone to Dallas, what is the likely hood that Nash signs with Dallas?

Raptors Republic Rookie xRevise's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just took a look at Landry's game log before the Melo trade (2/22)... he was playing solidly prior to the trade then had a terrible March.. just sayin'

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...qbestKqUqkvLYF

Post Thanks / Like

if D. Will doesn't sign in dallas, I'd say nash going there is a strong possibility.

ya, he was solid as fuck, then the whole fucking melo thing. I don't know. I'd like to see what he can do somewhere else and am more happy that he'll have the opportunity to do it here.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post

Anyone ever stroll onto other forums? Notice how barbaric knick fans are LOL, they are really bitter about this
    ("F*CK THE CRAPTORS!")

They also claim Nash is as good as gone to Dallas, what is the likely hood that Nash signs with Dallas?
    It seems like some of them aren't smart enough to put the pieces together. It's like they think the Raptors offer $20M solely because they wanted Fields.

Post Thanks / Like

("F*CK THE CRAPTORS!")

Hahaha, some of these could be running memes on the Internet!
    "F*uck Fields to he can suck 13 stripes off my American Flag"
    -Almost_Famous718 from Knicksonline.com

Like this quote though. Made me laugh:
    "At the same time, I will say this: Landry THE FORCE!!!! Fields is not total ****, which is how he looked last year.

Melo put him in a tight spot. Melo put his big ego in Landry's face and rubbed his nuts on this thing. Landry will ball something special in Toronto, I'm sure of it, he will blossom. They'll work well together up there in Canada, and they'll hug and be happy, like Landry was his rookie season, before the Evil Guy Melo came."
    -orangeblobman from Knicksonline.com
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 06:37 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, some of these could be running memes on the Internet!
    "F*uck Fields to he can suck 13 stripes off my American Flag"

What does this even mean?! hahah
    Im not kidding, there is a large dip in coherence from this forum to the knicks forum.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, the whole world is now on notice, the entire Knicks organization, including its fanbase, are now officially at war with the Toronto Raptors.

When they follow this Fields' offer (which is entirely to block us from a S&T for Nash), with a poison pill offer for Lin, it will be time for us to suck it up and actually do something active in this offseason. First thing to do? Re-sign Lin at whatever price, luxury tax be damned! Second thing to do? Mail Bryan Colangelo the decapitated head of Steve Nash. We mean business!

Imagine after all this, somehow D'Antoni ends up in Toronto coaching Lin and Fields who they stole from us with poison pills!
    more good stuff from the knicks forum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote draftedraptor wrote: View Post
    more good stuff from the knicks forum
    Seems like they have declared war on us eh? LOOL. I hope all the super-friends teams fall and burn. Poison pills are now a lethal term.

Post Thanks / Like

you wonder how other teams view this. Is this a hostile takeover...would Knicks management hold a grudge...something tells me they are business first people and would deal with the Raptors in the future if it was mutually beneficial

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    you wonder how other teams view this. Is this a hostile takeover...would Knicks management hold a grudge...something tells me they are business first people and would deal with the Raptors in the future if it was mutually beneficial
    It's a shrewd move, but as you say, its a business. And if anyone understands that, its the Knicks.
    If they want to BlackList the Raps for this move, then good!

We need a Rivalry anyway.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

bahahaha looks like Houston and Dragic are far apart. Houston may poison pill Knicks on Lin now. bahahahahah FU NYC

"Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA
    Houston's offer to Jeremy Lin may be three years, $24 mil or four years, $32 mil. It'll likely be backloaded, only way to steal him from NY."

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is getting good.

I don't remember having this much fun with Restricted Free Agents before! Whats going on?!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, a little correcting karma for the Knicks.

Post Thanks / Like

Knicks are imploding

Post Thanks / Like

Knicks are imploding
    LINploding?

No?

Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

LINploding?

No?

Sorry.
    That made me clinch my teeth and shake my head. That was a real reach.. Ouch.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh this is getting good.

I don't remember having this much fun with Restricted Free Agents before! Whats going on?!
    There aren't that many UFAs this year that are worthwhile and that are generally available. There are a lot of teams with cap room. Trades are so tough with the cap rules, so, this is the only way for some teams to add players.

Thread Information