Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Post Thanks / Like

Keep this in mind. Fields' deal is only 3 years and so it would run out the same time as Nash's. In the meantime he's in a high ball movement system with arguably the best quarterback in the league. Landy has struggled since Melo entered the mix and they moved away from the high ball movement system Colangelo loves. Landry will get easy buckets on the fast break, he will get open opportunities in the half court and Casey will turn him into a stronger defender. If Landry comes to town and Nash is here Landry will take a large step forward. You can take that to the bank. Landry can start at the 3 right out of the gate.

Raptors Republic All-Star themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Im not kidding, there is a large dip in coherence from this forum to the knicks forum.
    It's like going from the Globe to the Sun.

I had a serious chuckle -- made it through all 4 pages.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm concerned about the future. We're stocking up on too many young players... which means we have to be all paying these guys big money at the same time... a good team is a mix of young and old, expensive contracts and cheap but smart contracts... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jaworski wrote: View Post
    ... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
    Only if they justify big contracts, which makes them valuable trading chips when the Raps are going deep into the playoffs and need draft picks.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jaworski, it is better to have young players because you can sign them for however much money even if it is beyond the Cap. All good teams are beyond the Cap, and if in the future a veteran Derozan and a primed Jonas are worth the money, then we will gladly pay them

Post Thanks / Like

I'm concerned about the future. We're stocking up on too many young players... which means we have to be all paying these guys big money at the same time... a good team is a mix of young and old, expensive contracts and cheap but smart contracts... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
    JV is on a rookie deal for 4 years.

DeRozan is not necessarily a keeper with Ross and Fields after next season. The market will also dictate his value as Raps have right to match.

I am not worried about the future.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

To me Landry Fields is Luke Walton pre-back injury. Now Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor. Then the back problems hit and well...he's crap now.

Here's to hoping no back issues arise.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    To me Landry Fields is Luke Walton pre-back injury. Now Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor. Then the back problems hit and well...he's crap now.

Here's to hoping no back issues arise.
    that has to be the weirdest comparison ive ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor.
    Luke Walton has never done anything right in his entire life.

You better take that down before Landry sees! Or you're in BIG trouble.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

This has always been my lasting impression of Fields.

Hard not to like this guy ... unless he screws us over ... then we will HATE him.

"Trust me, you want #6 on your chest" HAHAHA
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

...we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
    HA, only way DeRozan gets a big contract is if someone gets fooled into this potential his agent sold everyone on from day 1.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    JV is on a rookie deal for 4 years.

DeRozan is not necessarily a keeper with Ross and Fields after next season. The market will also dictate his value as Raps have right to match.

I am not worried about the future.
    Yup. All of a sudden, DeRozan becomes our biggest trading chip. Wonder what Memphis thinks of him?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Yup. All of a sudden, DeRozan becomes our biggest trading chip. Wonder what Memphis thinks of him?
    Unfortunately they need shooters to space the floor as well to allow Gasol and Z-Bo to do their thing.

Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is a cheap player right now. Don't just assume they're going to move him. He might get pushed to the bench at some point this season though. I think Amir and Ed are the guys who should be top on the chopping block given the depth chart. The Raptors have been weak at the wing so to me it doesn't make sense to trade a good cheap one away as soon as they add a couple more players at the position.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is a cheap player right now. Don't just assume they're going to move him. He might get pushed to the bench at some point this season though. I think Amir and Ed are the guys who should be top on the chopping block given the depth chart. The Raptors have been weak at the wing so to me it doesn't make sense to trade a good cheap one away as soon as they add a couple more players at the position.
    I was talking about after this upcoming season.

As for this year though, what if he returns a better player under contract for more years? There is no doubt the Ross drafting and Fields signing is making the 'need' for DD less and less moving forward.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt but if the Raptors are ever going to be good they need depth on the wing. DeRozan is a lot different player than Fields and Ross. DeRozan is the perfect kind of fast break guy to run with Steve Nash. To me it wouldn't make sense to move him right now(this year). Based on DeRozan's current level of play, are you worried that somebody is going to give him a big contact?
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 09:41 PM. Reason: .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    No doubt but if the Raptors are ever going to be good they need depth on the wing. Based on DeRozan's current level of play, are you worried that somebody is going to give him a big contact?
    Sadly, no. Which was a big reason why I'm not worried about the future as Jaworski seems to be.

Post Thanks / Like

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2012/07/0...nts-on-fields/

Liston with a great breakdown of the trade. Certainly addresses many posts in this thread. Worth the read.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i love this move, whether or not it brings in nash. fields is a player. read that the cap hit is a bit more 6 mil a year which isn't bad as long as he is capable of starting, which i think he is. he is a player that thrives in a system where his intelligence can become a factor and that is what casey will build. we aren't going to be okc that way. we will be a fast break team that plays half court sets smartly when the break goes bad. this is where off ball cutters/screeners/pickers and rollers come in and fields is a strong player that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Sources have Nash giving time to the Knicks to figure out a sign and trade..... Buy or sell?! Is it even possible anymore?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Sign_And_Trade

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information