OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charlz wrote: View Post
    Lin is a D league player who got on a good run - turnover machine. Someone will overpay for him and I hope it is not Raps.
    Couldn't agree more, half the members on this forum could have posted the numbers Lin was posting (minus most of the turnovers) during his "Linsanity" run the way they were feeding him the ball.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Now this is a kick in the nuts:

I would much rather Lee than Fields. However, there is no question Lee is strictly a SG in my opinion and the Raptors have a couple of them already.
      I like that fields is a do-it-all kinda guy but I haven't paid much attention to Lee since that Orlando run to the finals. what is it about this cat that keeps some people drooling over him?
      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• what would we need another sg for? fields is a way better target.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Checkines wrote: View Post
          D-Will signs with Nets, now we need to figure a way to block Dallas
          Just wondering. Why block Dallas? Dallas is in the Western conference. Shouldn't we be helping them to make it easier for ourselves in the Eastern Conference?

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
            sometimes I wish I weren't - lol

Other teams are getting juiced about Howard, Joe Johnson, DWILL we have this huge thread over the possibility of an overachieving 2nd round draft pick, who has already realized his upside.... its just sad.
            But what you are failing to grasp, as I've pointed out, is that this whole thread is about FAR MORE than just getting Landry Fields on the Toronto Raptors.

It is the sneaky maneuvering and shrewd business tactics, by our very own Bryan Colangelo, that have the Internets aflutter with activity.

It is the possible implications of the move. Not just the move itself.

And signing a player, while not actually giving up a player, is not a Lateral move. Its an obvious talent addition.

Comment

• Keep this in mind. Fields' deal is only 3 years and so it would run out the same time as Nash's. In the meantime he's in a high ball movement system with arguably the best quarterback in the league. Landy has struggled since Melo entered the mix and they moved away from the high ball movement system Colangelo loves. Landry will get easy buckets on the fast break, he will get open opportunities in the half court and Casey will turn him into a stronger defender. If Landry comes to town and Nash is here Landry will take a large step forward. You can take that to the bank. Landry can start at the 3 right out of the gate.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                Im not kidding, there is a large dip in coherence from this forum to the knicks forum.
                It's like going from the Globe to the Sun.

I had a serious chuckle -- made it through all 4 pages.

Comment

• I'm concerned about the future. We're stocking up on too many young players... which means we have to be all paying these guys big money at the same time... a good team is a mix of young and old, expensive contracts and cheap but smart contracts... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?

Comment

• Jaworski wrote: View Post
                    ... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
                    Only if they justify big contracts, which makes them valuable trading chips when the Raps are going deep into the playoffs and need draft picks.

Comment

• Jaworski, it is better to have young players because you can sign them for however much money even if it is beyond the Cap. All good teams are beyond the Cap, and if in the future a veteran Derozan and a primed Jonas are worth the money, then we will gladly pay them
                      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Jaworski wrote: View Post
                        I'm concerned about the future. We're stocking up on too many young players... which means we have to be all paying these guys big money at the same time... a good team is a mix of young and old, expensive contracts and cheap but smart contracts... we will have to sign DeRozan and Jonas to big contracts in a couple of years... but will we be able to if in a couple of years we're committed to $50 million even without the aforementioned young guys?
                        JV is on a rookie deal for 4 years.

DeRozan is not necessarily a keeper with Ross and Fields after next season. The market will also dictate his value as Raps have right to match.

I am not worried about the future.

Comment

• To me Landry Fields is Luke Walton pre-back injury. Now Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor. Then the back problems hit and well...he's crap now.

Here's to hoping no back issues arise.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                            To me Landry Fields is Luke Walton pre-back injury. Now Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor. Then the back problems hit and well...he's crap now.

Here's to hoping no back issues arise.
                            that has to be the weirdest comparison ive ever seen.
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                              Luke was an above average ball handler who moved the ball well and had positive effects on the floor.
                              Luke Walton has never done anything right in his entire life.

You better take that down before Landry sees! Or you're in BIG trouble.

Comment

• This has always been my lasting impression of Fields.

Hard not to like this guy ... unless he screws us over ... then we will HATE him.

"Trust me, you want #6 on your chest" HAHAHA
                                Last edited by Joey; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X