• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im so bummed out
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• minks77 wrote: View Post
      I dunno that it's been a waste, it got the ball moving, got the raps in the news as serious FA players and we'd likely still end up with one of Lin/Dragon/Nash/jose. The only name that makes me nervous is Lin. I really don't think he has proven a damn thing. Like Jalen said on his podcast, I can't give him more millions than games played.
      I think the avg fan will take it as we've blown an opportunity to sign a player who is from our country, and we offered him more money than anyone else...and they'll consider 20 mil and Landry another Colangelo baffle

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        So if Nash spurns the Raptors after they went after him full steam and had a lot of his fans worked up, what does that do to his public image in Canada?
        it def. tarnishes it IMO..im sure some would even call for him to be fired from canada basketball(not like it will happen) i hope it doesnt come to that & he signs.. if he doesnt it wont help us any in recruiting other talent, they'll have to be thinking if Cpt. Canada didnt want to play there why would they..

Comment

• The only player Phoenix would consider taking back in a S & T with NY for Nash is Shumpert. All the other guys they have are just complete bench fodder (10-15th man guys) who have VERY limited upside (Harrellson, Gadzuric, Douglas, Jerome Jordan). Can't see Phoenix wanting those guys. Also, Nash would also leave quite a bit of money on the table as well - as much as 3-4 million per season.

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
            I agree.

Rap fans are so starved for change even lateral movement seems like Rib-eye Steak
            How is it a lateral movement if Fields comes here an instantly our starter at the 3?

Comment

• Why cant we sign and trade as well? Im sure we can offer way more than Shumpert!
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I feel like we're being friend-zoned by Nash.

Comment

• You gotta think the Raps have more to offer in a S & T than the NY.

I want to chalk this one up to Nash's loyalty and not wanting to leave PHX high and dry after he leaves. Raise the statue already!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Why cant we sign and trade as well? Im sure we can offer way more than Shumpert!
                    We don't have to s&t. We have the cap space.

Comment

• Unless they bring in a third team interested in clearing cap. On the flip side though Sarver wasn't happy with Colangelo when he left if my memory is correct and so who knows maybe he does it just to kick dirt in Colangelo's face.

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      Why cant we sign and trade as well? Im sure we can offer way more than Shumpert!
                      You're missing the point here. The Suns don't decide where he goes, he does. He wants to be a Knick but they don't have cap space and so the only way for it to happen is for the Suns to take back close to equal salary from the Knicks.

He wants to play for New York, not Toronto. If this is true it's a swift kick to the you know what for Raptors fans everywhere.

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                        sometimes I wish I weren't - lol

Other teams are getting juiced about Howard, Joe Johnson, DWILL we have this huge thread over the possibility of an overachieving 2nd round draft pick, who has already realized his upside.... its just sad.
                        LOL at Brooklyn getting "juiced" at getting Joe fuckin Johnson. Have you seen what's remaining on his contract? 4 years, 88 million. And people are getting pissed at the contract that Fields got.

And why would we throw assets at Orlando to get Dwight Howard when he'd leave at the end of the season? How much sense does that make?

Comment

• could it be possible for the Knicks to S&T Lin to Phx for nash???

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Bayless. That's what we'd send their way. Probably another asset or two at the most.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                              could it be possible for the Knicks to S&T Lin to Phx for nash???
                              Yeah, that's what I'm worried about at this point. Lin would have to be interested though. He's meeting with Houston soon.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Bayless. That's what we'd send their way. Probably another asset or two at the most.
                              They shouldn't have to do that. This is not a competition for Sarver's affection, it's a competition for Nash's affection. The Raptors don't need to deal. They have an amnesty clause.

Comment

• one thing though, considering the relationship Nash has with Colangelo and Triano, don't you think he'd give them a heads up that he wasn't going to sign rather than waste our time?
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X