Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 665

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

  1. #621
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Landry Fields is worth the money for his rebounding alone. Let me throw some truth at you: as a SHOOTING GUARD, he pulls in a greater percentage of the available rebounds than Bargs, our starting power forward. It's not the glamour stat, and people tend to dismiss the value of a good rebounder, but in a really fundamental sense, basketball is a game of possessions, and there are only three ways to get possession: let the other team score, get them to turn it over, or rebound a missed shot. If you ain't rebounding, you ain't winning. The fact that we're getting this kind of elite rebounding production from a guy who isn't totally incompetent in other areas (cough cough Reggie Evans cough cough) is enough to justify the contract, and then some.

  2. #622
    Raptors Republic Rookie Jon_Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nova scotia
    Posts
    166
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...DSREEL-2155438


    and seems to not bother throwing down some dunks either, if he can shoot around 36.5 % from three and throw down some dunks while doing a few other things annd having his gf courtside, I think he's worth the contract
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

  3. #623
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The guy is a great all-around player, an upgrade to JJ. Consistent, and actually has a good jump-shot. Plus the fact he can score off the dribble.

  4. #624
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    The guy is a great all-around player, an upgrade to JJ. Consistent, and actually has a good jump-shot. Plus the fact he can score off the dribble.
    I've heard some different opinions about his jumpshot.. but all of that aside, if he shoots the way he did in his rookie year, he'll prove to be a great pickup

  5. #625
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I've heard some different opinions about his jumpshot.. but all of that aside, if he shoots the way he did in his rookie year, he'll prove to be a great pickup
    I was comparing that jump-shot ability to James Johnson's, who you rather have taking a three?

  6. #626
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's got more experience and got a larger quantity of quality games. Than a certain teammate who got a significantly larger amount on an offer sheet.

  7. #627
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I was comparing that jump-shot ability to James Johnson's, who you rather have taking a three?
    No, you're right. I'm just saying its hard to say that he has a good jumpshot when he shot like 25% from 3 and under 60% from the line last season. Shawn Marion shot a better 3pt percentage lol, surprisingly. Let's just hope he returns to his rookie form when it comes to shooting

  8. #628
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This made me LOL ------>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u86Ze...eature=related

    sorry I have no idea how to embed videos

  9. #629
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    No, you're right. I'm just saying its hard to say that he has a good jumpshot when he shot like 25% from 3 and under 60% from the line last season. Shawn Marion shot a better 3pt percentage lol, surprisingly. Let's just hope he returns to his rookie form when it comes to shooting
    Well, when you barely have the ball in your hands, you've got some rust :P Blame Carmelo Anthony on that one.

    I would agree there are some weird ass numbers there...

    FG% - 46% 3P% - 26% FT% - 56%

    Good field goal percentage, the rest is below average... Whatever the shooting struggles, doesn't take away from the fact he's a good defender, rebounder, and team player. A really good gel player. I don't think we need a superstar/all-star small-forward if both Bargnani and Derozan really breakout next season. Landry Fields will do all the extra/dirty work, give you some buckets, and guard your best player. I like the signing, and unfortunately, the contract is higher than we would've hoped, but it's what happens with restricted free agents.

  10. #630
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Well, when you barely have the ball in your hands, you've got some rust :P Blame Carmelo Anthony on that one.

    I would agree there are some weird ass numbers there...

    FG% - 46% 3P% - 26% FT% - 56%

    Good field goal percentage, the rest is below average... Whatever the shooting struggles, doesn't take away from the fact he's a good defender, rebounder, and team player. A really good gel player. I don't think we need a superstar/all-star small-forward if both Bargnani and Derozan really breakout next season. Landry Fields will do all the extra/dirty work, give you some buckets, and guard your best player. I like the signing, and unfortunately, the contract is higher than we would've hoped, but it's what happens with restricted free agents.
    Exactly. I love how Casey is basically telling BC who to go for; Lowry, Fields, Gray. Solid offseason so far

  11. #631
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Exactly. I love how Casey is basically telling BC who to go for; Lowry, Fields, Gray. Solid offseason so far
    Yeup, clearing up the log jam at the wings, now we need to rid the PF jam, and gain an asset with a Calderon trade.

  12. #632
    Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    2,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Yeup, clearing up the log jam at the wings, now we need to rid the PF jam, and gain an asset with a Calderon trade.
    I would be a happy Raptor fan for the first time in a while

  13. #633
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I would be a happy Raptor fan for the first time in a while
    I've been a happy Raptor fan ever since we acquired Coach Dwane Casey.

  14. #634
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I've been a happy Raptor fan ever since we acquired Coach Dwane Casey.
    Yep, and worried a little that 2011/2012 sucking might have been for naught, even tho DC clearly changed the culture for the better re hustle, discipline and D, winning mentality (which is hard to do while clearly trying to lose like other teams did). Ross makes me feel a lot better about that 8th pick and a difficult 2011/2012.

    Adding Jonas, Ross, Fields, Lowry and Acy over one summer is a huge injection of talent (for any team) who can all play DC's system. And we most likely are not done. I'd like to see a Jose and Ed trade if it could improve the team, I could even give up DD if it meant a big upgrade. If not, happy going in to the season with all 3, have Jose backup perhaps trade at deadline, see if Ed can improve see if DD or Ross can settle in to (be comfortable with) being a dynamic 6th man. Things are looking good anyway you cut it.

  15. #635
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote big boi wrote: View Post
    Yep, and worried a little that 2011/2012 sucking might have been for naught, even tho DC clearly changed the culture for the better re hustle, discipline and D, winning mentality (which is hard to do while clearly trying to lose like other teams did). Ross makes me feel a lot better about that 8th pick and a difficult 2011/2012.

    Adding Jonas, Ross, Fields, Lowry and Acy over one summer is a huge injection of talent (for any team) who can all play DC's system. And we most likely are not done. I'd like to see a Jose and Ed trade if it could improve the team, I could even give up DD if it meant a big upgrade. If not, happy going in to the season with all 3, have Jose backup perhaps trade at deadline, see if Ed can improve see if DD or Ross can settle in to (be comfortable with) being a dynamic 6th man. Things are looking good anyway you cut it.
    If DD is moved for an all-star and possible olympic gold medalist like Andre Iguodala, I'm all for it.

    In the beginning I was VERY unhappy hearing these rumours, but Iguodala is one of the NBA's best...

  16. #636
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I've been a happy Raptor fan ever since we acquired Coach Dwane Casey.
    I give him another 2 and a half season before someone starts the "fire Casey thread". Its what frustrated Raptor Fans do when MLSE cannot be replaced and they need an easy scape goat to throw under the bus when the team doesn't get better.

  17. #637
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I give him another 2 and a half season before someone starts the "fire Casey thread". Its what frustrated Raptor Fans do when MLSE cannot be replaced and they need an easy scape goat to throw under the bus when the team doesn't get better.
    please enough optimism

  18. #638
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,572
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lowry/Fields are introduced to Toronto at noon today.

    Here is the stream:
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/raptors-live

  19. #639
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    2,822
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Eric Koreen: In justifying the contract, BC compares Fields to Shane Battier
    Thought?

  20. #640
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wonder what number he wears, maybe he keeps the number 2, since JJ is gone.

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •