Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 665

Thread: OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

  1. #501
    Raptors Republic Starter RPT23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Holy crap... that picture took my full 22" screen........................

    ............... AT WORK! LMAO! haha...

    L. Fields is a quality wing player and I hope that he goes back to the productivity that got him noticed when he was a rookie. I agree, the contract is a bit on the high side but it appears as though we need to shell out more cash to attract some free agents.
    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

  2. #502
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I can't say I'd be disappointed if Knicks match.

    Fields is a nice player who brings defence, rebounding and IQ, three aspects that would be welcome here. But he doesn't solve our "hole" at SF. He simply adds to the Kleiza/Johnson platoon. Not the best use of precious cap space, IMO.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  3. #503
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I can't say I'd be disappointed if Knicks match.

    Fields is a nice player who brings defence, rebounding and IQ, three aspects that would be welcome here. But he doesn't solve our "hole" at SF. He simply adds to the Kleiza/Johnson platoon. Not the best use of precious cap space, IMO.
    I agree. I don't think his contract offer was bad, but when you factor in the lost TPE/MLE, it suddenly loses some of its luster.

  4. #504
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope Knicks match as well...Mayo and AK47 would be a better fit IMO.....Fields a 3 to 4 mil ok but 20 over 3 not so much....How hot is Fields chic...good god she is hot!

  5. #505
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    I hope Knicks match as well...Mayo and AK47 would be a better fit IMO.....Fields a 3 to 4 mil ok but 20 over 3 not so much....How hot is Fields chic...good god she is hot!
    At 6'4", I can't see Mayo playing the 3.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  6. #506
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Will Knicks Match Landry Fields Offer?

    From Hollinger's insider article today

    "Count me in among those who think the Knicks will match Toronto's ridiculous offer sheet for Landry Fields. New York doesn't care about salary. The Knicks have proved this, and they have just a three-year window with the Anthony-Stoudemire-Chandler group before they'll need to blow it up anyway. Fields' deal fits perfectly on that timeline, as do the arrangements for Kidd and Marcus Camby.

    Besides, New York needs somebody to start at the 2 this season while it waits for Iman Shumpert to return from his late-April ACL injury. If the Knicks don't keep Fields, they need to use either Kidd or some minimum contract guy as their starting shooting guard. It will be bloody expensive, but New York has shown time and again that cost isn't going to stop it from getting a player."

    Throw that in with BC saying yesterday that Grunwald told him they were 50/50 to match a couple days ago and we still have hope! I would love the extra cap space (either this year or next) as well as the extra playing time for Ross.

    Theres still hope!

  7. #507
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    At least we're getting a guy with a sense of humour.


  8. #508
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    From Hollinger's insider article today

    "Count me in among those who think the Knicks will match Toronto's ridiculous offer sheet for Landry Fields. New York doesn't care about salary. The Knicks have proved this, and they have just a three-year window with the Anthony-Stoudemire-Chandler group before they'll need to blow it up anyway. Fields' deal fits perfectly on that timeline, as do the arrangements for Kidd and Marcus Camby.

    Besides, New York needs somebody to start at the 2 this season while it waits for Iman Shumpert to return from his late-April ACL injury. If the Knicks don't keep Fields, they need to use either Kidd or some minimum contract guy as their starting shooting guard. It will be bloody expensive, but New York has shown time and again that cost isn't going to stop it from getting a player."

    Throw that in with BC saying yesterday that Grunwald told him they were 50/50 to match a couple days ago and we still have hope! I would love the extra cap space (either this year or next) as well as the extra playing time for Ross.

    Theres still hope!
    I'm torn. Without knowing what BC would do with the cap space and potentially the TPE and MLE, should Fields be matched by NYK, I'm not sure how I'm feeling or what I'm hoping for.

    I like Fields and think he would fit really well into DC's system, especially alongside another dynamic scoring wing. I think his $6.3M average salary is a little high, but not too outrageous, especially since Fields is only 24 and is only signing for 3 years. However, when I factor in that his signing would cost Toronto the Barbosa TPE and the MLE, it suddenly seems a little steep.

  9. #509
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    His contract is not the greatest but he is not ridiculously overpaid - like say a certain Lopez.

    I am actually hoping he is a Raptor come Saturday.

  10. #510
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is the best ad adlib by any sports guy I have ever seen. Give him the contract. Too fine.

  11. #511
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    At least we're getting a guy with a sense of humour.


    clark mcarther of the leafs did one of these vids last year were he posed as a sportchek employee.. he had a couple guys recognize him & he played it off great saying, how he always gets people asking him if hes clark & hed say i think its the hair i get that all the time..

  12. #512
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,312
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Reports from Russia say AK47 is playing for CSKA again next season.

    http://fromrussiawithdunk.com/2012/0...h-cska-moscow/

  13. #513
    Raptors Republic Rookie Phat Farmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tdot
    Posts
    78
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    His contract is not the greatest but he is not ridiculously overpaid - like say a certain Lopez.

    I am actually hoping he is a Raptor come Saturday.

    Since you brought that up Matt, I'm curious as to the Republic's opinion of Brook Lopez's contract. In my opinion he is definitely not a max player. He is a good center, a scorer much like Bargnani is, however his rebounding has tailed off the last couple of years, granted last year was a very small sample size. Nonetheless, I would like RR's opinion, was it good value, how does it compare to Bargnani's contract?

  14. #514
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Phat Farmer wrote: View Post
    Since you brought that up Matt, I'm curious as to the Republic's opinion of Brook Lopez's contract. In my opinion he is definitely not a max player. He is a good center, a scorer much like Bargnani is, however his rebounding has tailed off the last couple of years, granted last year was a very small sample size. Nonetheless, I would like RR's opinion, was it good value, how does it compare to Bargnani's contract?
    Check the Bargnani thread. This topic is already being discussed.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  15. #515
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Re-Tweet from Eric Koreen:

    Fred Kerber‏@FredKerber
    #Knicks GM GGrunwald sez team awaiting Lin offer sheet from Hous "Landry Fields, Jeremy Lin those are two young players that wed like back"
    Retweeted by Eric Koreen
    Fred Kerber is NBA reporter with the NY Post.

  16. #516
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Re-Tweet from Eric Koreen:



    Fred Kerber is NBA reporter with the NY Post.
    Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I want Fields goddammit, enough with the plan B's...

  17. #517
    Raptors Republic Rookie knowledgep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    118
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think plan C should be Antawn Jamison if we can't get fields, he should be a cheap option and a nice scoring wing although every team he plays on sucks lol

  18. #518
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    504
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    funny vid...hope we sign him, otherwise its another year of JJ

  19. #519
    Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    904
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'm torn. Without knowing what BC would do with the cap space and potentially the TPE and MLE, should Fields be matched by NYK, I'm not sure how I'm feeling or what I'm hoping for.

    I like Fields and think he would fit really well into DC's system, especially alongside another dynamic scoring wing. I think his $6.3M average salary is a little high, but not too outrageous, especially since Fields is only 24 and is only signing for 3 years. However, when I factor in that his signing would cost Toronto the Barbosa TPE and the MLE, it suddenly seems a little steep.
    I look at it a little more simply / harshly. Is he a good piece? Ya .. sure he is. But, so is JJ, so is LK. At $10mm over three years .. Im all over this.

    But, you absolutely, positively can not be overpaying middle of the road players .. and thats exactly what he is. Throw in that Id like to see Ross get a fair bit of playing time... and I just dont see it at this price.

  20. #520
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mountio wrote: View Post
    I look at it a little more simply / harshly. Is he a good piece? Ya .. sure he is. But, so is JJ, so is LK. At $10mm over three years .. Im all over this.

    But, you absolutely, positively can not be overpaying middle of the road players .. and thats exactly what he is. Throw in that Id like to see Ross get a fair bit of playing time... and I just dont see it at this price.
    You hit the nail on the head - the Raps are full of middle of the road players: Amir, Davis, Kleiza, JJ, Fields, DeRozan. Calderon is in his twilight years, Gray is a spare-part veteran for matchups against true C's, Valanciunas, Ross and Acy are rookies... only Bargnani (pre-injury last season) and Lowry (pre-injury / pre-coach spat version) are what I would call above average or starting caliber players.

    That's exactly why I'm all for packaging 2 or 3 of them up to land another legit starter.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •