Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Raps someday have their own Big 3?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Raps someday have their own Big 3?

Will the Raptors have their own version of a BIG 3 someday and if so who would that be? Based on our current roster, who would be part of that 3 and who might we actually be able to bring in that would make it a BIG 3 or will it be a FAKE 3?
    Barg, DD, ??
    Barg. Ross, ??
    fill in the blanks!

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now? No one. It's big 3 not some random 3. Those players have to be all stars. Bargs? Nope, just a talented gifted player, who's too passive and self centered. DD, still far away from being one. Ross? Ross?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a bad thread.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, i hope so. the closest we had was Amir, DD, and Weems...young guns

I hate that the Raps and Leafs are garbage and have no hope of getting better/winning. I mean Nash may give us playoffs but then next season with Nash 40, nothing again.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think it be more realistic to think well be like the Pistons were not so long ago.. well have good players who play well as a unit. rather then the big 3 type team

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i think it be more realistic to think well be like the Pistons were not so long ago.. well have good players who play well as a unit. rather then the big 3 type team
    I guess thats the route of Philly and Denver

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rather have a talented team with balance in the roster ... Nash, Bargnani, Jonas, Demar, Fields/Ross, Amir/Kleiza ...

But hey - Nash, Bargnani & Jonas isn't a bad big 3.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs Ross and big V

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope one day the 'big 3' nickname dies and we never hear it again. Name me a playoff team that DOESN'T have a 'big 3'
    even the f@#$@n Pacers had a 'big 3' and then in the previews of the games between the Heat and the Pacers it was which big 3 will be able to stop the other team's big 3. The winner, of course would go on to play Boston, which has, at any given time, a big 3 or big 4. if we get Nash, does that mean we have a Big 3 too?

I also hope we never have what people call a big 3 today. I hope JV is as good as everyone says and Ross ends up being a solid player. As we saw in Miami this year, teams will have 2 top guys and a bunch of role players. The better team wins.

that was probably the angriest post I ever wrote

Post Thanks / Like

Not likely....our best bet at a chip is to go the Detroit route...build a really solid complimentary TEAM out of high character role players.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do we care so much about knicknames? "young onez" or "big 3" lol

I just want BC to keep increasing the overall talent level of this team, have the young players continue to improve individually and have the core nucleus of players develop a good on-court chemistry together. Show a commitment to improving today, while keeping the long-term in mind and I'll be a happy fan.

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In keeping with the subject of the thread:

Bargs, Derozan and JV

But I totally agree with the sentiments of BallaBalla. This whole Big 3 concept is horrible for the NBA and it has everyone deceived, including the players, that having a "Big 3" is a guaranteed way of winning a championship. The reality is having lebron james and 4 pylons who can shoot 3s is the way to win.
    Last edited by JalenRose5; Tue Jul 3rd, 2012 at 08:29 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    In keeping with the subject of the thread:

Bargs, Derozan and JV

But I totally agree with the sentiments of BallaBalla. This whole Big 3 concept is horrible for the NBA and it has everyone deceived, including the players, that having a "Big 3" is a guaranteed way of winning a championship. The reality is having lebron james and 4 pylons who can shoot 3s is the way to win.
    But isn't the idea of having a so called Big 3, knowing that you have at least 3 good or very good players locked up and on your team for a little while?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

We just need two allstars, a deep bench, and a hired gun @ the trade dead line to win our first ever NBA CHAMPIONSHIP next year !!! Then let the BACK 2 BACK begin

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JYFelony wrote: View Post
    This is a bad thread.
    Why is it that anytime someone starts a thread, someone always say it's a bad thread. Is this place not a place to lay out some ideas about the team and get the fans involved in dreaming about something good for not only the Raps, but the City of T.O, and of course Canada? There is nothing else at the moment other than ideas. Sorry if you feel this way!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe 10 years later, when Toronto is finally realized as a big market and people in Canada watch basketball, perhaps we might be able to attract big name free agents. Or maybe, the GM after Colangelo will be Sam Presti and we become OKC pt 2. Or we move away from Toronto.

Perhaps then, the Raptors will get a Big 3.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont want a BIG 3.

Look at the Knicks for why reaching for one is a BAD idea.
    They are now stuck with an aging Chandler, and two egomaniacs in Stoudamire and Anthony. Expect them to have many many personal issues in the coming up season.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah enlightenment brings up a good point. A big 3 is only a good thing when it is legit. Allen, Pierce, and Kevin is a big 3. Bosh, Lebron, and Wade is a big three. Durant, Westrbook, and Harden is a big three. When you have a "big 3" made up of average or slightly above average players, you are in a bad spot. Right now, we have no player who is good enough to be a part of something like that, and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I just want us to have a team that is balanced and defensively competitive.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post

I just want us to have a team that is balanced and defensively competitive.
    You know what? you are so right on that point. That's why I loved watching the Spurs play during the playoffs. They played as a team where almost anyone can score. That to me was a well balanced team. In my opinion anyway.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone is putting a lot of hope in with JV. Dude hasn't even stepped on our court yet and he's being branded into a Big 3. While I'm definitely hoping he becomes a great player, it's way too early to even think about it for me. As for the rest of our team, I don't see any of them playing for a Championship. Not here anyways.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information