No announcement yet.

Will Raps someday have their own Big 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Raps someday have their own Big 3?

Will the Raptors have their own version of a BIG 3 someday and if so who would that be? Based on our current roster, who would be part of that 3 and who might we actually be able to bring in that would make it a BIG 3 or will it be a FAKE 3?
    Barg, DD, ??
    Barg. Ross, ??
    fill in the blanks!

Now? No one. It's big 3 not some random 3. Those players have to be all stars. Bargs? Nope, just a talented gifted player, who's too passive and self centered. DD, still far away from being one. Ross? Ross?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

This is a bad thread.

Comment

Man, i hope so. the closest we had was Amir, DD, and Weems...young guns

I hate that the Raps and Leafs are garbage and have no hope of getting better/winning. I mean Nash may give us playoffs but then next season with Nash 40, nothing again.

Comment

i think it be more realistic to think well be like the Pistons were not so long ago.. well have good players who play well as a unit. rather then the big 3 type team

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            i think it be more realistic to think well be like the Pistons were not so long ago.. well have good players who play well as a unit. rather then the big 3 type team
            I guess thats the route of Philly and Denver

Comment

I would rather have a talented team with balance in the roster ... Nash, Bargnani, Jonas, Demar, Fields/Ross, Amir/Kleiza ...

But hey - Nash, Bargnani & Jonas isn't a bad big 3.
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Bargs Ross and big V

Comment

I hope one day the 'big 3' nickname dies and we never hear it again. Name me a playoff team that DOESN'T have a 'big 3'
                  even the f@#$@n Pacers had a 'big 3' and then in the previews of the games between the Heat and the Pacers it was which big 3 will be able to stop the other team's big 3. The winner, of course would go on to play Boston, which has, at any given time, a big 3 or big 4. if we get Nash, does that mean we have a Big 3 too?

I also hope we never have what people call a big 3 today. I hope JV is as good as everyone says and Ross ends up being a solid player. As we saw in Miami this year, teams will have 2 top guys and a bunch of role players. The better team wins.

that was probably the angriest post I ever wrote

Comment

Not likely....our best bet at a chip is to go the Detroit route...build a really solid complimentary TEAM out of high character role players.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Why do we care so much about knicknames? "young onez" or "big 3" lol

I just want BC to keep increasing the overall talent level of this team, have the young players continue to improve individually and have the core nucleus of players develop a good on-court chemistry together. Show a commitment to improving today, while keeping the long-term in mind and I'll be a happy fan.

Comment

In keeping with the subject of the thread:

Bargs, Derozan and JV

But I totally agree with the sentiments of BallaBalla. This whole Big 3 concept is horrible for the NBA and it has everyone deceived, including the players, that having a "Big 3" is a guaranteed way of winning a championship. The reality is having lebron james and 4 pylons who can shoot 3s is the way to win.
                        Last edited by JalenRose5; Tue Jul 3, 2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                          In keeping with the subject of the thread:

Bargs, Derozan and JV

But I totally agree with the sentiments of BallaBalla. This whole Big 3 concept is horrible for the NBA and it has everyone deceived, including the players, that having a "Big 3" is a guaranteed way of winning a championship. The reality is having lebron james and 4 pylons who can shoot 3s is the way to win.
                          But isn't the idea of having a so called Big 3, knowing that you have at least 3 good or very good players locked up and on your team for a little while?

Comment

We just need two allstars, a deep bench, and a hired gun @ the trade dead line to win our first ever NBA CHAMPIONSHIP next year !!! Then let the BACK 2 BACK begin

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
                              This is a bad thread.
                              Why is it that anytime someone starts a thread, someone always say it's a bad thread. Is this place not a place to lay out some ideas about the team and get the fans involved in dreaming about something good for not only the Raps, but the City of T.O, and of course Canada? There is nothing else at the moment other than ideas. Sorry if you feel this way!

Comment

Working...
                              X