No announcement yet.

Will Raps someday have their own Big 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe 10 years later, when Toronto is finally realized as a big market and people in Canada watch basketball, perhaps we might be able to attract big name free agents. Or maybe, the GM after Colangelo will be Sam Presti and we become OKC pt 2. Or we move away from Toronto.

Perhaps then, the Raptors will get a Big 3.
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I dont want a BIG 3.

Look at the Knicks for why reaching for one is a BAD idea.
      They are now stuck with an aging Chandler, and two egomaniacs in Stoudamire and Anthony. Expect them to have many many personal issues in the coming up season.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yeah enlightenment brings up a good point. A big 3 is only a good thing when it is legit. Allen, Pierce, and Kevin is a big 3. Bosh, Lebron, and Wade is a big three. Durant, Westrbook, and Harden is a big three. When you have a "big 3" made up of average or slightly above average players, you are in a bad spot. Right now, we have no player who is good enough to be a part of something like that, and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

I just want us to have a team that is balanced and defensively competitive.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post

I just want us to have a team that is balanced and defensively competitive.
          You know what? you are so right on that point. That's why I loved watching the Spurs play during the playoffs. They played as a team where almost anyone can score. That to me was a well balanced team. In my opinion anyway.

Comment

I think everyone is putting a lot of hope in with JV. Dude hasn't even stepped on our court yet and he's being branded into a Big 3. While I'm definitely hoping he becomes a great player, it's way too early to even think about it for me. As for the rest of our team, I don't see any of them playing for a Championship. Not here anyways.

Comment

Hard to say. Toronto has served as a farm team for it's entire history. It's a new concept that good players would seek to play here or even stay here long term. If Toronto gets a big three they may have to develop it from within, or at least two of them from within.

Comment

I beleive the teams that are over the cap will be hit hard next year so a team like the Lakers who are somewhere in the range of $80+ million in payroll might be looking to start fresh with young players with smaller contracts. Could be a good opportunity to pick up a player like Gasol. Atlanta just did themselves a favour by trading Joe Johnson's hideous contract, but a small market team like Memphis will have some tough decisions to make...ditto OKC. The opportunity will be there to pick up a couple of good players, but we'll need for either Ross of Val to show star quality to make it a big 3.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                  I think everyone is putting a lot of hope in with JV. Dude hasn't even stepped on our court yet and he's being branded into a Big 3. While I'm definitely hoping he becomes a great player, it's way too early to even think about it for me. As for the rest of our team, I don't see any of them playing for a Championship. Not here anyways.
                  That is exactly why I didn't mention him. I think that based on watching Ross in one of his Raptors Tryouts, he can shoot the ball really well. He was hitting nothing but net each time he made a basket. He has the chance of making a name for himself if he stays humble and healthy and gets a chance to really play.

Comment

I can assure you that if we ever do have a 'Big 3' or a perennial all-star even, it would most likely be a result of organic growth within. It's difficult to imagine marquee free agents/talents wanting to come to Toronto.

That, of course, can change if the team starts winning in the playoffs.

Hopefully, in the next year or 2, we could get a taste of the post season with our core & hope they develop into something relevant for other players to want to say: "I have a short list of teams I would want to negotiate with: Toronto, .... etc."

Go Raptors haha
                    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Working...
                    X