The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    I'll believe that when he shows some decent play. How's he suppost to become a rotation player if our 3rd string PF is looking like an Allstar compared to him in the summer league.
    Davis really troubles me. I don't see what I want out of a starting PF or a guy contending for it. Little intensity, out of control a lot, bad hands, loses concentration on defense, poor court awareness, turnovers. I would trade him if I could get a solid player in return (for him and Jose possibly) He might improve in the future but he's got a long way to go.

Comment

• The only conclusion I have come to with summer league is that I miss those Sam Mitchell post game media scrums when he was with the raptors.

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        I know it's just the summer league games and it's the first "professional" match for rookies, but Rivers not playing so well against Lillard.
        lillard had a monster second half, love that dude
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Raps went 8-0 in last year's summer league.

Summer league means very little from a team perspective.
          Agreed that it means very little accept when you compare the on court talent. Miami just might have the second worst team in Vegas. Raptors have 4 players on their team that are looking to find away into the real teams roster and 2 of them into the rotation. Hopefully the only good that comes from this is BC realizes Uzoh can't be the back up PG and if he moves Jose it needs to be for a player not a salary dump (TPE).

Comment

• Thoughts after two games:

- Wow, Daniel Orton is really bad at basketball. I was thinking he might be a good #3 C, but wow. He's really bad at basketball.

- Terrence Ross looks good. To make a grand statement after 2 crappy pre-season games: he's a better SG than Demar, right now. Great perimeter shot and he's always shot-ready when receiving the ball, gets it up quick. Looks good off screens, always moving. Rip Hamilton-esque. Looks like he has decent instincts on D.

- Acy IS Reggie Evans the 2nd. I don't know if he'll stick this year, but he probably has an NBA future of some sort. He's tough, physical, nose for the ball -- all the classic rebounder cliches fit.

- Ed looks more aggressive, but that's as it should be in summer league. He doesn't look particularly bigger, though, nor has he improved his O game much, by the looks of things. Still getting manhandled underneath by bigger guys. Was hoping for a more dominant showing for a 3rd year player.

- Uzoh hasn't done anything to play himself out of the 3rd PG spot. He is what he is.

- No one else is even remarkable in any way. Fodder. Bobby Brown keeps showing why he can't get a pro gig, though -- awful. Wright is definitely trying to show he can fill a SF role for Toronto by hurling himself at the rim on every drive, but I think it's in vain.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Terrence Ross, Toronto Raptors – After an outstanding 21-point performance on day one, Ross struggled on Sunday. He had 14 points on 4-14 shooting from the field. He also committed five fouls and five turnovers. Ross is a bit undersized and he tends to struggle when the opposition gets physical with him. While he continued to be aggressive and got to the line when his shot wasn’t falling, this wasn’t a very good outing for Ross. He’ll have a big test on Monday afternoon when he faces off against Dominque Jones and the Dallas Mavericks.
              http://www.hoopsworld.com/las-vegas-...y-3-studs-duds
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Hey guys is the Dallas game airing on nba tv cause I didn't see it when I was flipping through

Comment

• If not let me know where I can watch it

Comment

• The games start a 4 pm today.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

Totally off topic, USA plays Brazil at 8 pm.

Comment

• Looks like I'll be able to catch the game tonight. Looking forward to seeing Ross play! everyone's been talking about him like he's a superstar

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                        The games start a 4 pm today.

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

Totally off topic, USA plays Brazil at 8 pm.
                        Says Rockets vs Kings?
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Atlanta and Boston are first. The link is one source to find the games. Here is the schedule on the NBA's website:

http://www.nba.com/summer-league/gameline/20120716/

Comment

• Unrelated to raps: C Joseph looking good at pg for spurs summer league.

Comment

• nba tv fucked with us again. Our game wont air it shows the kings game instead. What i don't get is why NBA Tv Canada doesn't just remove that kings game and put in the raptors one, they don't have to use the same exact schedule as NBA TV. Our game starts at 6 and the kings game starts at 6:30.

Comment

• www.sportlemon.tv will probably have streams for the raps game at 6 (they will show up around that time).. I've seen a little bit of the first two games on there so far

Comment

Working...
                                X