No announcement yet.

The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a huge fan of Faried and I see a lot of Farieds game in Acy. And if Acy has the energy and tenacity of Faried, the Raps would really benefit from that, even if that's for 15minutes a game. Because hustle players are really undervalued in todays game

Comment

• Looks like Bayless might have serious competition in Memphis with Wroten and Selby.*

*Summer League means very little!

Comment

• We'll dominate Miami tomorrow. It'll be our first win against them since bosh joined lol, even though it's summer league

Comment

• RaptorsPR RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

LVSL roster update: Carney out for remainder w/ strained right foot. Added forwards Kyle Weems (no relation to Sonny) & Chris Wright.

RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

Weems, 6-6, rookie from Missouri State & Wright, 6-8, from Dayton. Wright played w/ Golden State last season.

Comment

• Ouch, Coach:

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

Dwane Casey on what he saw at the #Raptors first #NBASummerLeague game: "A lot of mistakes"

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Ouch, Coach:

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

Dwane Casey on what he saw at the #Raptors first #NBASummerLeague game: "A lot of mistakes"
              Guy is all business!
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                Guy is all business!
                Haha gotta love itt

Comment

• He looked really impressive. Rockets drafting is always so good with late picks.

Comment

• With Fields finally becoming a Raptor will we see any of him in the summer league action??

Comment

• Montiejunas had a different experience in his second summer league game, 0 for 5 from the field, 1 point, 4 rebounds, -15 in +/- in 22 minutes against the Wizards. Perhaps he is not ready to fill Scola's shoes just yet.

Lamb had 26 points. T. Jones was solid. Royce White has not impressed yet in Vegas.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                        Yes but can he play basketball as well as Faried?

I am hoping yes but betting no.
                        Still yet to be determined. Though I wouldn't say its as simple as that.
                        I think if Acy were at Morehead, and not Baylor (one of the biggest programs in the country vs. one of the smallest) you would see a difference in his stats.
                        What many fail to acknowledge is that Acy was the best player on the Bears roster ALL year long.

Obviously Faried is a MONSTER on the glass, and Acy would be hard pressed to approach Faried record numbers, but I think Acy offers a little bit more outside of the Rebounding, than what Faried has to offer.
                        Acy is much more of a hard-nosed, hard-foul kind of guy. Perfect for Casey.
                        Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 15, 2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                          With Fields finally becoming a Raptor will we see any of him in the summer league action??
                          People with a $20 million dollar contract after only 2 seasons, don't need to prove themsleves.

Comment

• Chris Wright

Stumbled across this article about our newest addition to our summer league squad and thought it was of interest:

http://www.sfgate.com/warriors/artic...rs-3707777.php

Chris Wright's hard work and defensive tenacity earned him a roster spot with the Warriors last year. Maybe he will make a similar impression with the Raptors in summer league, especially with the Casey's proclivity towards hard nosed defenders.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              People with a $20 million dollar contract after only 2 seasons, don't need to prove themsleves.
                              I don't want him to prove himself, I just want him to entertain me with some good basketball.

Comment

• Toronto takes on Miami at 6:30 eastern, there could be some nice match-ups here with Norris Cole at PG as an established rookie and with Dexter Pittman and Jarvis Varnado up front. It will be another good test for Ed to see if he is progressing and for one of the PGs to step up and take charge.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X