No announcement yet.

The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After watching Ross play for the first time I am feeling much better about the Raptor's draft pick. It will interesting to compare the progress of TR in the next few years with the other shooting guards that the Raptors passed on, Lamb and Rivers. Lamb was excellent yesterday. Rivers is going to be the go to guy on the Hornets summer league team now that Anthony Davis is a scratch with his joining the US Olympic team.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      I think Rockets got their replacement for Scola... Funny thing is that most of these players are going to be sent to Orlando.
      Wow, Acy is guilty of going to sleep on some defensive rotations that gave Montiejunas easy baskets.

Comment

• Plain and simple Ed Davis got it handed to him and while they guy he was guarding is hardly a rookie (with all the international experience), Ed is a third year player now.

Comment

• Yea, though still his arsenal is impressive 11 out of 13, 2-2 3pt, 9 rebs, left handed player who controls his right arm. 7 footer. He will put 15 ppg imo in his 2nd season.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• "The player of the game was...Dontas Matazunis!"

LOL

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
              "The player of the game was...Dontas Matazunis!"

LOL
              Yeah, that guy is f*cking terrible at commenting. He wasn't even trying... Just looked at D-Mo's initials and went with it... D-blablah M-blablah!

Comment

• Ross definitely had the green light to jack up shots. Even BC was laughing in his interview and made a comment about it. I think he'll be a nice scoring punch off the bench opening night. I missed the third quarter of the game but did notice Ed Davis looked way more comfortable with his jumper.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                  Wow, Acy is guilty of going to sleep on some defensive rotations that gave Montiejunas easy baskets.
                  I wasn't impressed with Acy. He started out the game alright (taking a charge and showing energy), but he is not Reggie Evans... yet. He looks, runs and tries to play like Evans, but he is not near as strong or as good at timing his rebounding (absolutely crucial for a guy his size). He got his hands on some balls but very rarely did he end up retaining the ball. I have a feeling he was pressing a bit, so we will see how the next game looks.

As for Ed Davis, he looked so much better offensively than just a couple months ago. This was the first time I thought that he will be a better NBA player than Amir Johnson. He looked assertive and much more confident in his jumper. Despite what some of you have said, he looked like he had bulked up... impressive start for him.

Raps played a decent game, considering they were possibly playing the actual Rockets NBA team.
                  “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                  ― John Wooden

Comment

• acy...I liked his aggression and the fact that he can hit a 15 footer consistently. he is not a shot blocker like ed and I agree that his rebounding awareness needs work along with defensive rotations but its summer league. amir, ed , acy someone has to go they are redundant

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, that guy is f*cking terrible at commenting. He wasn't even trying... Just looked at D-Mo's initials and went with it... D-blablah M-blablah!
                      He was probably confusing Montiejunas with Montezuma as in Montezuma's Revenge.

Comment

• I did not watch the game yesterday, but I did catch some on re-run today, I am surprised that no one mentioned Devoe Joseph. While the spotlight was on the new rookies and Ed, I thought Devoe played well and earned every minute of the 26 he played. I think he showed some potential to be a guy that can carve out a few years in the NBA he just needs the right fit.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• I would not hesitate to making Devoe the 14th or 15th guy on our roster for 4 reasons.

1.) Canadian
                          2.) 700,000 to 800,000 dollar minimum deal
                          3.) Good stroke
                          4.) Could be a rotation guy three years out.
                          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                            I would not hesitate to making Devoe the 14th or 15th guy on our roster for 4 reasons.

1.) Canadian
                            2.) 700,000 to 800,000 dollar minimum deal
                            3.) Good stroke
                            4.) Could be a rotation guy three years out.
                            He also can play a little PG in a pinch, like Forbes did last year.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Ross finished with 21 points, he was pretty comfortable in taking those shots. Ed Davis looks almost as good as he was in his rookie year, but better offensively.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Note that he is Taller, has a wider Wing Span AND a Higher Vert than Faried.
                                Yes but can he play basketball as well as Faried?

I am hoping yes but betting no.

Comment

Working...
                                X