No announcement yet.

The Summer league thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uzoh turns it over cause of crappy screens from retards like plaisted. That dude is a waste of height

Comment

• Dwayne has a nice chat with Sam.
      http://www.nba.com/video/games/heat/...nba/index.html

Anybody sense any underlying tensions? Jealousies?

It seems to me that Sam has a bit of a "You're gonna figure it out..." attitude.

I hope that Dwayne does what Sam couldn't; that is, build a perennial playoff team.

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb vs. Terrence Ross

From these first three games, I've been watching closely to Houston and Toronto.

Specifically, Jeremy Lamb vs. Terrence Ross..

I'm really starting to wonder if we should've selected Lamb over Ross, because the guy has multiple ways of scoring. He doesn't have the great range of Ross, but he sure as hell can shoot.
        Today, leading his team with 19 points, he was impressive by scoring in different ways, which was really nice to see. The guy has good confidence in his skills. Ross was playing frustrated, and really could only score by shooting jump-shots. I know Ross is very capable of getting to the rim with his above-average handle, and athleticism, not only to add along his shooting ability.

First 3 games Scoring Numbers for Jeremy Lamb: vs. Toronto 16 points + 6/11 FG - vs. Washington 26 points + 8-15 FG - vs. Sacramento 19 points + 7-15 FG
        Not to mention his shooting percentages have been solid.

First 3 games Scoring Numbers for Terrence Ross: vs. Miami 14 points on 14 FG attempts (ouch) - vs. Houston 21 points on 8/19 shooting - vs. Dallas 11 points on 5/12 FG
        With shooting percentages down the drain.

I know there is more to basketball obviously than scoring, but we needed talent, and scoring is a big area of that.
        Ross came in to bring shooting and scoring, and that was something Lamb was projected to do as well. As of this moment, Lamb is winning the battle, and really winning on a larger margin.

I'm starting to really go with the fact why Lamb was projected at 8th, not Ross.

P.S, you may be asking 'how about Austin Rivers?' Well, honestly, I could give a camel's shit about Austin Rivers right now.

EDIT* I know the talent on the teams are different, obviously Houston has the better talent, but Ross is very capable of getting the numbers and shooting percentages on a team without the good point guard or good post.

Oh yeah, who the hell is Plaisted? Guy was really garbage.
        Last edited by ReubenJRD; Mon Jul 16, 2012, 09:40 PM.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• OOOps. Interview after Raptors/Heat review. Thanks

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            I know there is more to basketball obviously than scoring, but we needed talent, and scoring is a big area of that.

Ross came in to bring shooting and scoring, and that was something Lamb was projected to do as well. As of this moment, Lamb is winning the battle, and really winning on a larger margin.

I'm starting to really go with the fact why Lamb was projected at 8th, not Ross.
            What?! how dare you question Bryan Colangelo "genius" of drafting Ross!! all those so called "experts" that do the mock drafts don't know squat because they aren't real gm's!!

See that was my main problem with the Ross pick. It was a "safe" pick. Which means if you want a Courtney Lee/ Mo Pete type of a player that will average between 8 to 14 points a game you take Ross. Lamb was the bigger risk/high reward pick which meant he was still young & raw and is yet unknown whether he would be worse then Ross or could become an Allen Houston/Reggie Miller type who avg close or over 20 points a game player. If the Raptors missed out on Barnes, they should have picked Lamb who looks to have the higher ceiling, the risk would have been worth it.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              From these first three games, I've been watching closely to Houston and Toronto.

Specifically, Jeremy Lamb vs. Terrence Ross..

I'm really starting to wonder if we should've selected Lamb over Ross, because the guy has multiple ways of scoring. He doesn't have the great range of Ross, but he sure as hell can shoot.
              Today, leading his team with 19 points, he was impressive by scoring in different ways, which was really nice to see. The guy has good confidence in his skills. Ross was playing frustrated, and really could only score by shooting jump-shots. I know Ross is very capable of getting to the rim with his above-average handle, and athleticism, not only to add along his shooting ability.

First 3 games Scoring Numbers for Jeremy Lamb: vs. Toronto 16 points + 6/11 FG - vs. Washington 26 points + 8-15 FG - vs. Sacramento 19 points + 7-15 FG
              Not to mention his shooting percentages have been solid.

First 3 games Scoring Numbers for Terrence Ross: vs. Miami 14 points on 14 FG attempts (ouch) - vs. Houston 21 points on 8/19 shooting - vs. Dallas 11 points on 5/12 FG
              With shooting percentages down the drain.

P.S, you may be asking 'how about Austin Rivers?' Well, honestly, I could give a camel's shit about Austin Rivers right now.

EDIT* I know the talent on the teams are different, obviously Houston has the better talent, but Ross is very capable of getting the numbers and shooting percentages on a team without the good point guard or good post.

Oh yeah, who the hell is Plaisted? Guy was really garbage.
              yeah but the rockets probably have one of if not the best summer league team. Ross and Ed are the only decent players on the entire team. its more of a "the other guys are really bad" than "ross is playing underwhelmingly"
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I watched most of this Rators/Mavs game. Plaisted was solid, 6 points, 7 rebounds. His +/- was 0 which was the best on the Raptors and he was on the floor for 31 minutes.

Comment

• Anyone else realize how bad Waiter is in the Summer League? 10 PPG on 27.3% FG and 25.0% 3FG. Thank god we didn't get him!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    Anyone else realize how bad Waiter is in the Summer League? 10 PPG on 27.3% FG and 25.0% 3FG. Thank god we didn't get him!
                    This has to be sarcasm, right? 'Cause if someone were to judge a guys NBA career on 3 summer league games...

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb has more skills than Terrence Ross - plain and simple. The Raptors chose to go with the player that fits the system they are trying to build. I guess the determining factor in this is the toughness factor Ross brings, especially on defense.

Skill-wise, it would take a lot for someone to convince me Ross has the edge.
                      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        This has to be sarcasm, right? 'Cause if someone were to judge a guys NBA career on 3 summer league games...
                        I know it's just based on 3 summer league games, but I'm actually serious. I never said he wasn't gonna have a good NBA career. I just said he was doing pretty bad in summer league for a guy who was draft 4th. If you watch his games, he doesn't shoot that well, he's forcing his game way too much and only averages 4 FTA for a guy who was compared to Wade when it comes to getting to the rack. Not to mention that his defense was lacking and he looked a bit overweight for some reason. Not sure if it's just the camera adding 10 pounds. I'm not saying he's not gonna be a good player one day, but just saying he has a lot of work ahead of him to be good in the NBA. So please Waiter, prove me wrong

On a different note, Tyler Zeller has been really impressive. I really like his game.
                        Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Tue Jul 17, 2012, 12:21 AM.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                          Jeremy Lamb has more skills than Terrence Ross - plain and simple. The Raptors chose to go with the player that fits the system they are trying to build. I guess the determining factor in this is the toughness factor Ross brings, especially on defense.

Lamb was who I assumed we'd get when Barnes went at 7. But was jacked with the Ross pick after game 1 and felt good about his game 2. Game 3 there was more negative than positive imo. But we're only 3 games in to summer league, not pre-season, not regular season.

Lamb looks like a smooth scorer but i don't think he would have been the gutsier pick. He was better known and ranked higher by most. Ross has more elite athleticism and NBA range. They may have projected him with a higher ceiling. Perhaps with Barnes gone (who they may have considered a lock for the 3 spot), they figured they'd have time to develop a player with high upside, who would likely be coming off the bench as a rotation player
                          Last edited by big boi; Tue Jul 17, 2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                            Jeremy Lamb has more skills than Terrence Ross - plain and simple. The Raptors chose to go with the player that fits the system they are trying to build. I guess the determining factor in this is the toughness factor Ross brings, especially on defense.

According to the reports The Raptors chose the players that was highest on their list of best prospects of available players. Do you have any proof for your argument that this wasn't the case beyond your own talent assessment?

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Which means if you want a Courtney Lee/ Mo Pete type of a player that will average between 8 to 14 points a game you take Ross. Lamb was the bigger risk/high reward pick which meant he was still young & raw and is yet unknown whether he would be worse then Ross or could become an Allen Houston/Reggie Miller type who avg close or over 20 points a game player.
                              Allan Houston was actually pretty limited in what he contributed to the Knicks. Not a ton of FTs, bad rebounder, fine passer. He shot 3s like crazy, which is the buzz around Ross, and he also seems like a more aggressive defender. If he ends up being a guy who can hit the 3 really well, aggressively defends 2s/smaller 3s, and can get to the line when needs to, I'll be pretty excited to have that on the team.

Comment

• Jeremy Lamb is a better shooter. I think the raptors liked what they saw with TR with his overall game. Defense, motor, coachable. From a pure offensive standpoint JL might be better but as a complete game probably not. Why not compare these two players stats at the end of the season barring injury and make an evaluation rather than chicken little during 3 summer league games.

Comment

Working...
                                X