Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plan B

Alright, so this Nash thing is getting dicey, what does everyone think BC has set for a plan b? I'd assume something for lowry, but who knows.

Dragic?
    Roll with Calderon? - most likely imo

Interesting tidbit, george hill resigned with the pacers for 40 mil over 5 years. that's starter money. maybe Collison is on the block? Personally, id much rather have nash or lowry, obviously, but Collison is a nice player and was one of the most productive pacers in the playoffs. Just a thought.

Ideas?
    @sweatpantsjer

ceez wrote: View Post
    Alright, so this Nash thing is getting dicey, what does everyone think BC has set for a plan b? I'd assume something for lowry, but who knows.

Dragic?

Interesting tidbit, george hill resigned with the pacers for 40 mil over 5 years. that's starter money. maybe Collison is on the block? Personally, id much rather have nash or lowry, obviously, but Collison is a nice player and was one of the most productive pacers in the playoffs. Just a thought.

Ideas?
    I'd say we go after Lowry and Calderon together if it's even possible if Nash doesn't work. I really don't know much about the cap if we were to sign Lowry to let's say, 10$ for four years? Resign Calderon to a lesser deal? Someone help me out with the numbers here.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

oh...thought this was about the morning after pill...my bad
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

Dragic?

Ideas?
        The thing I don't like about Dragic right now is the amount of money he's asking for right now. He wants about $10 million per year which is quite a lot for someone like him. I was hoping for something along the lines of $7-8 maybe $9 million per year.

Comment

i say raps should pull the nash offer, tell him to go and F@#k himself and move on to whoever, if its lowry, dragic etc, SF that we really need and so on. BC has to have a back up plan if not then he can go and F@#k himself too!!!

Comment

Why don't they just roll with Jose.

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
              i say raps should pull the nash offer, tell him to go and F@#k himself and move on to whoever, if its lowry, dragic etc. BC has to have a back up plan if not then he can go and F@#k himself too!!!
              +1

I think instead of the Raps coming out of this mess with egg on their face, they should move on, sign Lowry or Dragic and go heavy after Gay or Iggy and be done with it.
              i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                +1

I think instead of the Raps coming out of this mess with egg on their face, they should move on, sign Lowry or Dragic and go heavy after Gay or Iggy and be done with it.
                Too bad that's easier said than done...

Comment

If we can't get Nash I'd roll with Calderon/Bayless for now. Calderon is a premier facilitator in this league and will surely provide us with stellar play from the PG spot, especially in a contract year. Perhaps we can get something for him at the trade deadline? Either way, if the Nash plan fails it would be best to forego the remaining free agent options like Lin or Dragic and wait till next year when we can make a legit run at a more potent group of PGs that include Steph Curry, Brandon Jennings and Kyle Lowry. They'd be more worth the money that Dragic is asking for. If we flip Calderon for something like Cash and Future Picks at the deadline we can let Bayless have one last 20+ game audition for the spot because I think he has potential to be a great PG in this league. Just my opinion.

Comment

Lin. He can join his buddy Fields in Toronto where they can share a couch somewhere in Spadina.
                    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 01:44 PM.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

We could also ride with Calderon through this year, and then next year go after an RFA like Lawson, Jennings, Holliday, Collison, Maynor, etc. (Not saying that's a good Plan B, just one of the options).

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                        +1

Thank you... though its gona be hard but lets just get out of this Nash thing for fuck sakes!!

Comment

G-locity wrote: View Post
                          i say raps should pull the nash offer, tell him to go and F@#k himself and move on to whoever, if its lowry, dragic etc, SF that we really need and so on. BC has to have a back up plan if not then he can go and F@#k himself too!!!
                          I was thinking the same thing. Just roll with who we have at the moment. Tell Nash to go take a HIKE and let Calderon and Bayless continue at the point. Calderon will be off the books next year so we can try again next year dipping in the Free Agency. The guys will have another year of playing together. I as a fan would rather another year of hard work than to be rejected by our very own NASH. I ACTUALLY FELT ASHAMED CALLING HIM OUR VERY OWN!

Comment

in 6 months Nash will wish he took the red (raps) pill.. id rather roll with Jose then Lin & id prefer to not pay what Dragic wants..if nash gets away the next stop on the find a PG express is the trade route or s others have mentioned wait till next year...id expect some signing at other positions though..

Comment

id rather wait it out with jose and get a pg next year...alot of teams are going to go after paul but there are alot of qaulity young pg next free agency

Comment

Working...
                              X