Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michel G wrote: View Post
    If only the NBA was like the NHL. The Minnesota Wild, never a preferred free agent destination and a perennial doormat, just signed the two best free agents on the market this off-season.
    If only... Can't really blame BC for the Raptors being in Canada. If the trade goes through, I fear that Nash might become the newest victim of the fan's boos. It's amazing how one of Canada's most beloved athlete could become one of the most hated athletes to the Raptors over one S&T.

Comment

Plan B

G-locity wrote: View Post
      " Ameicans hates paying taxes!!!"
      This guy has never played for Canada in recent years yet we are willing to go all in for him.
      Again he disses Canada if he signs with NY .... and to top all matters we want him as GM of the National Team.
      I would can his sorry ass.

Colangelo should have known that he wanted to play in NY and not Toronto. Signing Fields was lame unless of course he also signed Iman Schupert and every other Knick Phoenix might be interested in .

For that matter if we want Nash that bad we could do a S & T with Phoenix and give them Calderon & Ross.

I believe that Calderon and Bayless are good PG's and represent a solid Plan B.

Comment

If i were Calderon, i'd silently ask for a trade. I'd say, enough is enough. Tried to trade me twice, and now possibly amnesty me and i'm still here. He'd definitely get a lot of takers.

Comment

Raptorfanatic wrote: View Post
          For that matter if we want Nash that bad we could do a S & T with Phoenix and give them Calderon & Ross.
          We can't do a S&T with Phoenix if Nash wants to play in New York.

It doesn't matter how better our potential S&T offer would be. Nash has to OK it by agreeing to play in Toronto first. Phoenix literally has zero power.

Comment

So, this is way down the list (let's call it about, Plan F), but how about keeping Calderon for a year and making a hard pitch for Alexey Schved?

I haven't seen much of him beyond youtube clips, but his passing and offense seems to have a lot of upside, though I hear he's a defensive liability at this point. Still, he's a 23-year-old 6'5 PG who's drawn comparisons to Rubio and Dragic, and he's a UFA.
            Here's his draftexpress page, but the latest report is a couple years old: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Alexey-Shved-1097/
            He's definitely improved some aspects of his game, such as 3-point shooting, which was 49% this year in euroleague.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              If i were Calderon, i'd silently ask for a trade. I'd say, enough is enough. Tried to trade me twice, and now possibly amnesty me and i'm still here. He'd definitely get a lot of takers.
              J.E. Skeets ‏@jeskeets

RT @gourmetspud: Ford, Jack, Bayless, Nash. Somewhere Calderon stares into a mirror, pounds his chest + screams "KEEP COMING MOTHERF#*@#S!"
              lol

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                lol
                Thanks for the laugh. I totally needed it!

Comment

I feel sorry for Jose. I wouldn't be surprised if he demanded a trade now.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

lol
                    hahahahaha true

Comment

lol
                      I picture his hands in the air giving the '3' sign as he screams!

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                        If only the NBA was like the NHL. The Minnesota Wild, never a preferred free agent destination and a perennial doormat, just signed the two best free agents on the market this off-season.
                        Both those free-agents were from Minnesota and the Wild sell out literally every game and have arguably the best fans in the sport. They're like OKC Thunder, if OKC was a breeding ground for American born players.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Both those free-agents were from Minnesota and the Wild sell out literally every game and have arguably the best fans in the sport. They're like OKC Thunder, if OKC was a breeding ground for American born players.
                          I think they call Minnesota the State of Hockey, so its probably a hockey wild town, meaning good market and fanbase.

Comment

+ if they got the reported signing bonuses they wanted im sure they would have signed in bagdad LOL

each were reported to want 24mill in bonuses paid within the first 12months of the deal...insane if they got it!!

Comment

They were still never a preferred free agent destination and perennial doormat. That's what makes the NHL different from the NBA. And Nash is from Canada, and he didn't come home, so you kind of help me make my point.

Comment

i think BC using Gretzky in his sales pitch to nash may have been a bad move... didnt Gretzky turn down the leafs to sign with the Rangers at one point??? & hes still loved by canadians... damn 99!! LOL we should have had Don Cherry in the sales pitch not 99!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X