Plan B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoBan wrote: View Post
    Plan B is say we tried and then let the fans make excuses for losing again.
    Seriously, can you just leave the site? You're obviously trolling. You obviously hate the Raptors, so why not leave? No one is forcing you to be a Raptors fan, so why torture yourself? Go be a fan of the Heat if you so desperately want to be a fan of a championship team. Everyone else without morals are doing it, so why aren't you doing it?

Comment

Plan B is say we tried and then let the fans make excuses for losing again.
      There's no excuses to be made. The majority of the NBA teams have no chance at winning a championship, now or in the near future. I've learned to lower my expectations. I just want to win ONE playoff round.
      Last edited by Michel G; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
        I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, but I fear that you are.. Nash is playing basketball and doing business. I am POSITIVE that there will never be a young, talented Canadian that gets the call from Canadian Basketball and says, "I'd play for you guys, but Nash chose NY over Toronto so forget it."
        I wasn't saying that young players would say I will not play for Canada. I'm saying it is very difficult to motivate people when they know you're a sellout. lol

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          the best route at this point is probably roll with Jose and target a guy like Holliday next year who the sixers have already said they won't offer a big contract to. problem with that is Jose is playing in the olympics this year and we all know how thats going to end up...

FML I completely forgot about Jose playing in the Olympics.... It probably means we get an earlier/extended at Bayless. Damn that Rubio injury..

Comment

Nash has not signed on with the Knicks yet!

The gamble that didn't pay off is what bugs me. Instead of developing a different plan, we sat on our hands and went on the Nash assumption.

Making a move at point is foolish. Frankly, Lowry and Dragic are not upgrades on what we currently have. Bayless is as good a defender as Lowry and maybe more skilled all around. Dragic looks like he is coming on, but really, his sample size is slightly larger than Lin's. If Bayless could avoid injuries.... he'd be a target of the other teams.

Is there a way to back out of the Field's deal. We do not need him anymore. I say we threaten to give a sick contract to Lin if the Knicks don't match the Field's deal.

Yes BC got out manuevered, but he was out-gunned. Players simply want to join "Super Teams" these days and they are in big American markets. The Nets, Knicks, Heat, and Thunder rule this league next year, with the Thunder the only one that got there through the draft. Even the Lakers are at risk of becoming irrelevent and are hanging on, as are the Celtics. Even Dallas has struck out and they have Dirk.

The old Pistons team is our model and Nash wouldn,t fit anyway. Bayless is more like Billups.

Comment

No quotes from people in charge but Wolstat and a couple others saying Raps will now go for Dragic or Lowry
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

In hindsight, trading the 8th pick for Lowry seems like a no-brainer...sigh

Comment

Michel G wrote: View Post
                  There's no excuses to be made. The majority of the NBA teams have no chance at winning a championship, now or in the near future. I've learned to lower my expectations. I just want to win ONE playoff round.
                  And when we fail to do that.. the excuses will roll in loudly.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    I wasn't saying that young players would say I will not play for Canada. I'm saying it is very difficult to motivate people when they know you're a sellout. lol
                    Even if he says that his prime reason was to be with his chilren? As things stand it seems he is taking less.

Comment

And when we fail to do that.. the excuses will roll in loudly.
                      Not from me.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        In hindsight, trading the 8th pick for Lowry seems like a no-brainer...sigh
                        But our genius GM needed to save cap space to get Landry Fields!

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
                          Players simply want to join "Super Teams" these days and they are in big American markets. The Nets, Knicks, Heat, and Thunder rule this league next year, with the Thunder the only one that got there through the draft. Even the Lakers are at risk of becoming irrelevent and are hanging on, as are the Celtics. Even Dallas has struck out and they have Dirk.
                          The sad and painful truth about the NBA at the moment...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                            The sad and painful truth about the NBA at the moment...
                            If only the NBA was like the NHL. The Minnesota Wild, never a preferred free agent destination and a perennial doormat, just signed the two best free agents on the market this off-season.

Comment

Could the Raptors offer to Fields be part of Plan B to help Houston get Lin?

Nothing like leaving New York with just 4 players (including Nash) to help force a play for Lin in Houston. Lin in Houston means one of Dragic or Lowry is definitely moving, possibly both if Lowry throws a fit about possibly becoming a backup.

Also, Knicks matching offer for Lin makes them have a hard cap of $74M with at least $65M tied up in just 5 players.

I'm making this up but you never know.... y'know?
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

But our genius GM needed to save cap space to get Landry Fields!
                                when u swing for the fences sometimes u miss the ball completely. which may be the case here. but at least he attempted to make a big move..your basicly saying BC did nothing but powder his nose which is totally not the case...only one to blame here if this goes down is nash for useing the raps as leverage instead of being honest about his intentions july 1st..nash will prob. say it was a hard choice & took alot of thinking but the fact is there have been rumors of S&T deals between NY & PHX for the last couple of days now.. if nash informed NY he wanted to go there which led to the S&T talks how come he hasnt informed BC of his intentions yet..
                                nothing with NY is complete yet & it could all be BS written by there beat writers but if nash goes to NY shame on him...

Comment

Working...
                                X