Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@ least we were in the hunt, and atlease NYK stay @ par

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    With Nash in LA.....

does Gasol and Calderon end up in Houston?

Knicks now match any offer for Lin - no doubt about it.
    The plot just got thicker. Well, at least the suspense keeps us interested.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

look for the lakers to make push for D.Howard now..

im dissapointed Nash isnt comming to the Raps..im upset he led us along,he used us as leverage basicly..tht being said its def. a better fit for him in L.A then NY assuming Kobe hands him the rains to run the offence, which im sure he will..it will help save Kobe's legs for the playoffs..
    BC better already be working the Phones on plan B,C,D+E depending on what he does next he may still be able to salvage some Dignity from this
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4th, 2012 at 09:22 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Usagi_yo_Jimbo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like Lowry and Dragic are the popular choices as the replacement for losing Steve Nash. But, is there any other pg's out there we can nab in a trade/ sign and trade or whatever?

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't BC say Calderon was professional and will understand if he was amnestied?

If I was calderon I will request a trade. If denied I will stop playing hard (through injuries) for this team, collect my pay cheque and stay in good shape for another contract.

Post Thanks / Like

marc stiens reporting PHX next move is to sign Dragic.. although the Raps are trying to sign him away from Houston aswell..

http://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/sta...90098335920128

also this from wolstat

Report of Raptors after Dragic is correct, Houston asking the moon for Lowry, which makes FA signing easiest option

http://twitter.com/WolstatSun/status/220691196429873152

good way of trying to bring the price for lowry down alittle LOL well just sign the guy they really want to keep instead. LOL..
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4th, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"The Suns will receive $3M cash, 2013 & 2015 1st round picks, a pair of 2nd rounders, and Nash will fit into the Lamar Odom trade exception."

up on the first page of the republic. that is 4 picks for nash. that is a good haul even if they will be late first rounders. nash did well for the suns. even went to a team he hates to get them the best deal possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    "The Suns will receive $3M cash, 2013 & 2015 1st round picks, a pair of 2nd rounders, and Nash will fit into the Lamar Odom trade exception."

up on the first page of the republic. that is 4 picks for nash. that is a good haul even if they will be late first rounders. nash did well for the suns. even went to a team he hates to get them the best deal possible.
    i read a tweet by a bball writer from dallas who claimed that Lamar was BBall herpes to the mavs that just keeps flairing up LOL because the lakers used the TE from lamar to fit nash & thus steal him from them LOL..

nash never went to the lakers because it was the best deal for PHX.. he went there because Kobe recruited him 2days ago & its closer to his kids..+ he still got fair $...
    just wish hed have given BC a heads up days ago

this nash signing will no doubt spawn hate from all angles from disgruntled fans in NY the most LOL
    Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4th, 2012 at 09:56 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fuuuuuuuuuzzzz, I wasn't really worried about NYK or even Toronto getting him (or not) as he was a 2-3 year stopgap at best on either team. A part of me wanted NYK to sign him just because after Nash/Melo/Amare and Tyson they were 11 versions of James White away from having a full roster. But going to the Lake Show? Fuck Bynum (hate him, classic mid 90's selfish stupid punk WITH bad knees and a fatty body type), fuck Gasol (just so soft!), fuck Ron MWP Artest, and ya know what? The Lakers are fucked proper by Kobe's ever ballooning contract and diminishing skills. Pump fake all you want, ya can't drive anymore. I was loving the idea of this no class franchise with so many no class fans fading away like Kobes jumper and now they get Nash? ***

Post Thanks / Like

suns just signed beasely for 18 mil/3 years. dunno if that takes them out of the dragic running...

didn't the suns trade away dragic?
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    suns just signed beasely for 18 mil/3 years. dunno if that takes them out of the dragic running...

didn't the suns trade away dragic?
    yep suns did trade dragic, lin was cut by houston.... alot can change in a short period of time..obviously no love lost i guess..

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
    Boo him? For being traded? To a team not too far from a championship? A team with a rich pedigree? And not coming here because of some sort of Canadian duty?
    It doesn't really matter whether you think it's ethic or not to boo him. He's gonna get booed regardless of what you think is right or not. I won't boo Nash, but at the same time, I'm not too happy with his decision to go to LA. So many people have said that he is classy and will never go the rival Lakers. I guess he really isn't as classy as we thought especially when a championship is available. So point being, he's gonna get booed. I can almost guarantee it. Hell, I'll even bet my life-savings that he will get booed.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

As much as i like lowry i can't image what we would have to give in return.

Im hoping the most we would have to give is Ed Davis and maybe few second rounders.

But morey is a genius. I can't see him taking anyone else on our roaster, i don't even think he would take demar now with lamb a possible better prospect. Prove me wrong Demar but you need to work on your handles, rebounding, and overall defense....and get that mid game shooting touch back.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon's better then Dragic, in fact he was our 2nd best player last year. It seems like people are scraping for point guards right now. We shouldn't just sign anyone. The only good fit is Lowry. Sign Kirilenko, and wait until next year when Calderon comes off the books.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    they also stated with or without nash.. so nash isnt totaly out of the picture.. i find it hard to believe that someone with as much integrity & professionalism as nash would leave us hanging this long with no answer to leverage more money from NY.. it would go against everything..would also be a huge blow to his rep in canada.. im still hopefull.. i have a feeling the NY tabloids are streching on this story.. i hope im not wrong..
    I don't blame him. He did not really leave us hanging FA only started 3 days ago.

go get your ring Steve.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

As for Dragic, I don't really think he deserves $10 million a year. If we can get him for like $8 million a year, I would sign him right away, but obviously that's not gonna happen. I really don't want to him $10 million a year...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    I don't blame him. He did not really leave us hanging FA only started 3 days ago.

go get your ring Steve.
    I'm not big on booing anyone, but for the people that boo'd bosh... you should also boo Nash. It would have been a big moment for Canada and he traded Legend for Lala land.

Post Thanks / Like

Dragic is not worth $10M. I wonder if they could get Lowry for the TPE and Davis and/or JJ, or the TPE and a 2013 1st round pick, if they want to dump salary.

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post

go get your ring Steve.
    Yep, it sucks that he's not coming to Toronto, but it should make those who thought it was a bad move anyway happier. But if he wasn't coming to the Raptors, I'm glad he chose his best option to win a championship.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Dragic is not worth $10M. I wonder if they could get Lowry for the TPE and Davis and/or JJ, or the TPE and a 2013 1st round pick, if they want to dump salary.
    Lowry's not worth a 2013 first round pick + other players, but he is the right player. I'd package Calderon + Ed, but that's it.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information