Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Post Thanks / Like

Nash is off. Dragic is off. Lowry will be very nice.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

honestly im not sure lowry is a huge upgrade over jose. I feel like jose gets over looked and frankly he is a top 5 pg in terms of effiencey. IMO the only thing the raptors benefit with lowry is his defense, and rebounding.

To me it is really a toss up, i dont think its and upgrade but it just gives the raptors a more defensive team which i guess is the direction that we are heading towards.

The only thing that makes me skeptical is the bacterial infection lowry had last year (can he get back to form?) or if he just had a career year. If lowry and fields come to form i think we would be a playoff team

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon is incapable of doing anything right at the end of games, if Lowry can play in the last 2 minutes of a game than he'll be head and shoulders above Jose.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sold on Lowry either. Would rather just not do anything and keep Jose. I haven't looked at the next years crop of free agents but they wont want to play here anyway so that is probably why.

But BC is going to feel compelled to save his job and do a bunch of moves that might end up hurting us in the end. I haven't really liked many of his moves since he got here. Now that he is backed into a corner and fighting for his job I have a feeling I am going to like these next couple of months worth of transactions even less.

That said if we do stand pat and Jose walks after next season due to this whole very ugly and public "PG of the future" business and we cant make some sort of deal or sign a free agent then I cringe at the thought of Bayless being the starting PG for the Raps.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockets are asking the world for Lowry, apparently.

Calderon, we always believed in you.

mcsemcp73

How about Eric Bledsoe from the LAC for ED davis both are on rookie contracts

Eric young and has alot upside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Scola was one of the guys Jose mentioned hed like to play with... maybe we could do this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7exn6ue
    Ouch.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Scola was one of the guys Jose mentioned hed like to play with... maybe we could do this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7exn6ue
    interesting trade. DeRozen and Davis represent two loosing season lottery picks - its a shame it would take that to make the deal happen... but it might.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As nice a guy that Jose is, we have to assume that his relationship with Colangelo/Casey has soured due to the whole Nash fiasco. Anyone with any sense of self-respect should feel slighted by now. First Ford, then Jack, now Nash. How much more abuse should we expect Jose to accept?

From a basketball perspective, running with Jose for another year makes the most sense. But from a locker room cohesion perspective, I'm not sure it's a wise option.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I want nothing to do with Scola. Really liked him a couple years ago but he's breaking down and would be a step back defensively for out team. No need for Scola when we have Dre, Amir, Ed and Acy as natural 4's and Kleiza and JJ play their best ball as undersized 4's in smaller line ups. Kevin Martin could teach Ross a thing or two about getting to the free throw line but other then that I don't see the value as I'd rather Ross and Demar get tons of minutes and play through mistakes. Only way I see the Raps improving is from their young players or through trades. I have never been a fan of free agency for them.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    As nice a guy that Jose is, we have to assume that his relationship with Colangelo/Casey has soured due to the whole Nash fiasco. Anyone with any sense of self-respect should feel slighted by now. First Ford, then Jack, now Nash. How much more abuse should we expect Jose to accept?

From a basketball perspective, running with Jose for another year makes the most sense. But from a locker room cohesion perspective, I'm not sure it's a wise option.
    I dunno about that one. That's like saying Alex Smith is upset with the 49ers for considering Peyton Manning. There's absolutely no reason to be upset about us pursuing Steve Nash. He's a future Hall of Famer who is not that far removed from his prime. Now Ford and Jack, that's a different story but that was a few years ago and bygones are bygones right?
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Colangelo shit the bed again with his false sense of confidence.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.

Either one of these proverbs can be your parting gift Bryan.
    I think they were terrified that #8 would turn in to Barnes (based on the DCASEY draft night interview) and could go down in history as a very bad trade. I am not a huge barnes fan in the NCAA but he may be an amazing NBA player.

Drummond falling to 9 screwed up their projections.

Right now Colangelo is playing defense. He swung for the fences with Bargs and we have been paying for it ever since in every single way.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Jose feel's slighted in any way. He understands that the NBA is a business and the fact that he lost out on his starting position with every incoming PG, minus Bayless, says something about his ability. Heck, he still showed up every night after that failed trade with Charlotte and the constant trade chatter and has yet to ask for a trade (or so it seems).

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DaveKim wrote: View Post
    I don't think Jose feel's slighted in any way. He understands that the NBA is a business and the fact that he lost out on his starting position with every incoming PG, minus Bayless, says something about his ability. Heck, he still showed up every night after that failed trade with Charlotte and the constant trade chatter and has yet to ask for a trade (or so it seems).
    It just feels like the Nash situation was the last straw. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Jose was annoyed by all this.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It must be nice to be able to read minds.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jose or Lowry, Lowry or Jose?

While JC racks up dimes and is a discerning shooter Kyle is the better scorer and has a Lawson like bull-in-a-china shop type of game. Lowry is also the stronger, better defender. I'd flip JC for Lowry whom McHale hates, and if he hates you he won't play you. I think the Rox high price tag is a bluff and I expect the actual value of any trade to include a pick and a player on an expiring deal. Jose and 2013 (crap draft) lotto protected first rounder for KL (and possibly a 2nd)? sign me up.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    Jose or Lowry, Lowry or Jose?

While JC racks up dimes and is a discerning shooter Kyle is the better scorer and has a Lawson like bull-in-a-china shop type of game. Lowry is also the stronger, better defender. I'd flip JC for Lowry whom McHale hates, and if he hates you he won't play you. I think the Rox high price tag is a bluff and I expect the actual value of any trade to include a pick and a player on an expiring deal. Jose and 2013 (crap draft) lotto protected first rounder for KL (and possibly a 2nd)? sign me up.
    salary wont match

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I think with how professional, cordial and over all martyr Jose has been, i think they owe it to the guy to ask him where he wants to go, and try there best to send him there.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He's leaving $11 Million here...to make $20 more in L.A. think of all the outside revenue he will make ...its a huge market, TV RATINGS, TV appearencess...you dont get that here in T.O.

From a business and winning view point...you and I wouldve done the same thing...
    NY AND LA have huge benefit of being big markets that allow big time side-income opportunites etc. Toronto at $36M is nothting compared to $20M in L.A. or NY.

Its all business.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Agree. I think with how professional, cordial and over all martyr Jose has been, i think they owe it to the guy to ask him where he wants to go, and try there best to send him there.
    Nobody owes anything to anyone...its all business...for the team and the player.

ITS ALL ABOUT $$$, OPPORTUNITIES, TV RATING, ETC.

Thread Information