was just screwing around....how realistic is this and ya i know its not going to happen but sitll
Ha, that kind of works.
Knicks would be the big winners and Philly loses out but I guess you have to assume they just do it to save money.
its funny, every philly fan ive talked to want iggy gone. they HATE his contract and want more minutes for whatshisface. i wouldn't be shocked if he gets moved by the trade deadline, and i don't think you'd have to give up a ton either.
Turner yeah, and i guess harkless too. They were complaining even before harkless came over.
I wonder if Amir/Davis & Bayless (S&T) would be enough to lure Iggy? They'd probably want a future 1st round pick too... 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be bad if it was say top-6 protected, as long as they take Amir instead of Davis (for salaries to match a little better).
Amir ($6.0M) & Bayless (~$4.2M) & 2013 1st round pick --> Iggy ($14.7M)
- would only add $4.5M to Toronto's payroll
- would clearup Toronto's PF logjam (go with Bargnani/Davis/Acy - or Kleiza in smaller 2nd unit lineups with Davis at C)
- Toronto could keep Calderon as starting PG and look to a guy like Flynn as a cheap backup with upside (or they'd could still pursue a trade for a guy like Lowry)
- gives Toronto a truly legit starting SF and a veteran presence
- JJ would become instant trade bait
- Philly would save $4.5M next season, while filling their holes at backup PF & backup PG
- if Philly re-signs Williams, both he and Bayless could fill the backup SG hole, since they are both more combo guard than PG
- Philly would get a conditional 1st round pick
Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
I'm still on the Jennings train, I'd much rather make a big move for him than Lowry, personally.
If this could ever work, with us sending a 2013 1st to Houston I'd be more than happy to roll a:
PG Jennings, Bayless(not the biggest fan), Uzoh
SG DeRozan, Ross
SF Fields, Dunleavy, Kleiza
PF Bargnani, Amir, Acy
C Val, Gray
And for a Bucks perspective, I personally think Lowry is a great compliment and would significantly help Monta Ellis, since Lowry could still start but doesn't need to have the ball in his hand as much as Ellis.
Houston arguably gets the low end of the deal, and probably would only do it, if Lin gets matched by NYK, but would have a spanish connection, and get a few for pieces for trades in the first round pick and Ekpe
Jennings is a boss and he likes Toronto. Why doesn't Colangelo's Dumb ass go after him?
Last edited by Dr. James Naismith; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Added the link to the source ceez
we got him for a protected future 1st rounder according to boussard...so i dont know how credible that is
Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
As @ESPNSteinLine reporting, source says deal is done: Rockets trade Kyle Lowry to Raptors for protected first-round draft pick
That's what I suggested yesterday - top 6 protected, to be exact!
is it official!? Gimme the link!!!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)