Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=855rrly

was just screwing around....how realistic is this and ya i know its not going to happen but sitll

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ha, that kind of works.

Knicks would be the big winners and Philly loses out but I guess you have to assume they just do it to save money.

Post Thanks / Like

its funny, every philly fan ive talked to want iggy gone. they HATE his contract and want more minutes for whatshisface. i wouldn't be shocked if he gets moved by the trade deadline, and i don't think you'd have to give up a ton either.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    its funny, every philly fan ive talked to want iggy gone. they HATE his contract and want more minutes for whatshisface. i wouldn't be shocked if he gets moved by the trade deadline, and i don't think you'd have to give up a ton either.
    Who's whathisface? Turner? Harkless?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Turner yeah, and i guess harkless too. They were complaining even before harkless came over.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Depending what happens with Williams, Philly needs a backup PF (behind Brand), a backup SG (behind Evans) and potentially a backup PG (behind Holiday). They seem set at C (Hawes, Allen and Vucevic) and SF (Young and Harkless). Moultrie is a rookie who should see some time at backup PF and possibly backup C as well, but I bet they'd like an established PF behing Brand.

I wonder if Amir/Davis & Bayless (S&T) would be enough to lure Iggy? They'd probably want a future 1st round pick too... 2013 1st round pick wouldn't be bad if it was say top-6 protected, as long as they take Amir instead of Davis (for salaries to match a little better).

Amir ($6.0M) & Bayless (~$4.2M) & 2013 1st round pick --> Iggy ($14.7M)

- would only add $4.5M to Toronto's payroll
    - would clearup Toronto's PF logjam (go with Bargnani/Davis/Acy - or Kleiza in smaller 2nd unit lineups with Davis at C)
    - Toronto could keep Calderon as starting PG and look to a guy like Flynn as a cheap backup with upside (or they'd could still pursue a trade for a guy like Lowry)
    - gives Toronto a truly legit starting SF and a veteran presence
    - JJ would become instant trade bait

- Philly would save $4.5M next season, while filling their holes at backup PF & backup PG
    - if Philly re-signs Williams, both he and Bayless could fill the backup SG hole, since they are both more combo guard than PG
    - Philly would get a conditional 1st round pick
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still on the Jennings train, I'd much rather make a big move for him than Lowry, personally.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bmcuwtm

If this could ever work, with us sending a 2013 1st to Houston I'd be more than happy to roll a:

PG Jennings, Bayless(not the biggest fan), Uzoh
    SG DeRozan, Ross
    SF Fields, Dunleavy, Kleiza
    PF Bargnani, Amir, Acy
    C Val, Gray

And for a Bucks perspective, I personally think Lowry is a great compliment and would significantly help Monta Ellis, since Lowry could still start but doesn't need to have the ball in his hand as much as Ellis.

Houston arguably gets the low end of the deal, and probably would only do it, if Lin gets matched by NYK, but would have a spanish connection, and get a few for pieces for trades in the first round pick and Ekpe

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Checkines wrote: View Post
    I'm still on the Jennings train, I'd much rather make a big move for him than Lowry, personally.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bmcuwtm

If this could ever work, with us sending a 2013 1st to Houston I'd be more than happy to roll a:

PG Jennings, Bayless(not the biggest fan), Uzoh
    SG DeRozan, Ross
    SF Fields, Dunleavy, Kleiza
    PF Bargnani, Amir, Acy
    C Val, Gray

And for a Bucks perspective, I personally think Lowry is a great compliment and would significantly help Monta Ellis, since Lowry could still start but doesn't need to have the ball in his hand as much as Ellis.

Houston arguably gets the low end of the deal, and probably would only do it, if Lin gets matched by NYK, but would have a spanish connection, and get a few for pieces for trades in the first round pick and Ekpe
    You realize Morey is now running down the street, clutching his pants which are catching around his ankles, screaming, "RAPE! RAPE!"

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    salary wont match
    Doesn't matter because both teams are under the cap

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jennings is a boss and he likes Toronto. Why doesn't Colangelo's Dumb ass go after him?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Jennings is a boss and he likes Toronto. Why doesn't Colangelo's Dumb ass go after him?
    hey kevin durant's favourite team growing up was toronto...why don't we go after him too?

Post Thanks / Like

according to stein we're on the verge of acquiring Lowry in a trade!

Quote Adrian Wojnarowski wrote:
    Houston has reached agreement to send Kyle Lowry to the Raptors for a package that includes a future lottery pick, source tells Y!
    Source - Click here

Looks like Forbes is going to Houston.

Quote Jonathan Feigen wrote:
    Rockets will get Gary Forbes in the trade, a source said, but Rockets will deal Lowry for pick. Exact details of protection still discussed
    Source - Click here

Quote Sam Amick wrote:
    On reported Kyle Lowry-to-Toronto trade, source says Houston will get future 1st rounder (protected) for either James Johnson or Gary Forbes
    Source - Click here
    Last edited by Dr. James Naismith; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added the link to the source ceez
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Any details as to what/who might be involved? Figures, when I close my ESPN window for 2 minutes...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    hey kevin durant's favourite team growing up was toronto...why don't we go after him too?
    KD actually has a good team though... Milwaukee is mediocre. If Jennings comes to Toronto its playoffs all day

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to scream like a girl. I swear this better not be fake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Any details as to what/who might be involved? Figures, when I close my ESPN window for 2 minutes...
    future lottery pick. deal is done. All welcome Lowry!
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah looks official.. we will be sending a future first round pick. So glad we got Lowry over Dragic or Lin! Phew

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

we got him for a protected future 1st rounder according to boussard...so i dont know how credible that is

Post Thanks / Like

Chris_Broussard Chris Broussard
    As @ESPNSteinLine reporting, source says deal is done: Rockets trade Kyle Lowry to Raptors for protected first-round draft pick

That's what I suggested yesterday - top 6 protected, to be exact!

Post Thanks / Like

is it official!? Gimme the link!!!

Thread Information