Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Starter jimmie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    well according to Adrian Wojnarowski the future 1rnd pick is "conditional with high upside" for Houston. "Guaranteed lottery pick."

so i guess this could still come back to haunt us
    LOL! How does TO guarantee them a lottery pick?? They can get a protected pick, but whether it's lottery or not will depend on Raptors performance.

Either way, I would consider Lowry a "lottery" talent at this stage in his career, and he has GREAT contract. Giving away a pick is no big deal.
    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jimmie wrote: View Post
    "Houston will receive at least one first round pick and Gary Forbes. The Rockets had tried to acquire Toronto's 2012 pick while targeting either Andre Drummond or Austin Rivers."

Wow. Morey is either a freakin' genius whose freakin' genius is so genius it defies logic, or else Colangelo deserves a lot more credit than he gets in these quarters. How else can you explain NOT trading the 2012 #8 pick to get Lowry, and then a week later get him for arguably less when you're in an arguably worse negotiating position?

Lowry -- a very good young starting PG who can defend, rebound, and score and is on one of the best-value non-rookie contracts in the league -- for a what, #10-15 (at best) pick in what's considered a weak 2013 draft + Gary Forbes? Great deal, or Greatest Deal Ever?
    Actually Morey has a lot more leverage than before:
    1. 2013 draft is already looking better than 2012 in terms of talent level. We've already got like 4 potential franchise players in the top 10: Shabazz, Zeller, McAdoo, Poythress.
    2. It's no secret that BC is looking to sign a PG this offseason. After Nash, Dragic, and Lin (sneaky sneaky Morey) are off the table, Lowry is the only real PG available.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! How does TO guarantee them a lottery pick?? They can get a protected pick, but whether it's lottery or not will depend on Raptors performance.

Either way, I would consider Lowry a "lottery" talent at this stage in his career, and he has GREAT contract. Giving away a pick is no big deal.
    maybe the conditional future pick was supposed to be the next lotto pick the raps get?? it could turn out real bad if it ends up being unprotected..

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry is saying his goodbye's via Twitter right now.

Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

IF final is forbes + protected pick, that's totally fine with me. Hope it's not the last move made though...

Post Thanks / Like

@jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. My mind is blown. I didn't think they stood a chance after Dragic bolted and NY said they were matching on Lin. Kudos to BC -- in basketball terms this is probably a WAY better move than signing Nash to a bloated contract.

Can't wait to see Lowry get after it on D with coach Casey barking from the bench. Just awesome.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it's a reverse system. If not in lottery it gets pushed to next year, until it just becomes the pick regardless of place.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Kyle!

Kyle Lowry ‏@Klow7
    Rednation I will miss you guys!!
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    8m Kyle Lowry ‏@Klow7
    I just want to thank the city of Houston and the fans for showing me love like I was one of y'all own, and I'll always keep that in my heart
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The pick will go to houston next time the raptors don't make the playoffs. Well looks like they're not getting a pick this decade.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The first rounder is being protected and yet guaranteed to be in the lottery (I have seen this being reported). wtf is that. The Raps intend to being shitty next season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Actually Morey has a lot more leverage than before:
    1. 2013 draft is already looking better than 2012 in terms of talent level. We've already got like 4 potential franchise players in the top 10: Shabazz, Zeller, McAdoo, Poythress.
    I've read nothing but the opposite as far as next year's draft goes. Also we really should hope to be better than bottom 4.

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we try for Chandler Parsons now!!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    this trade is so bittersweet
    I know for many reason. The fact that we could have gotten Lowry at draft night and the fact that we had to give up Forbes. I actually kinda liked him. I don't really know why, but I do

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    The first rounder is being protected and yet guaranteed to be in the lottery (I have seen this being reported). wtf is that. The Raps intend to being shitty next season?
    the pick is supposed to be protected if its too high but if its not a lotto pick houston waits till the next lotto pick we get
    at least from what ive read so far

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that next year's draft isn't as deep but if we disappoint (like we always have) and get lucky in the lottery...

McAdoo for Lowry is not something I can live with.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Source - Click here
    As much as I love both of them, I much rather have JJ on our team. He would be a really good back-up SF beside Fields or another FA SF.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Well called this yesterday, can't remember on what post but no way Lowry was staying in Houston. Toronto was the easy choice. Kudos BC and Alvin Williams for getting him to buy into what we're doing.

Might be a good year for us for once. Building and not rebuilding feels nice.

What to do about the 3 now? lol

Post Thanks / Like

Wojnarowski is saying it's Forbes not JJ

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN trade machine: Holllinger's analysis of Lowry for Forbes:

Raptors +7 wins
    Rockets -9 wins

Thread Information