Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Lowry is saying his goodbye's via Twitter right now.

Source - Click here
    Didn't that happen also a couple years ago with the Bobcats? Players were saying their good bye and then BANG! Bottom fell out.l

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    Must suck to be the one to tell players they are traded
    Can't we just get Jonah Hill to do it?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Yays! So what happens to Calderon/Bayless?
    Our capologist Matt is crunching up the numbers to see who should go to fit the newbies within.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we got him for Forbes and first rounder (they don't say what protection).

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...for-kyle-lowry

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jose Calderon as a backup?

With Gary Fobes gone, can Raptors keep Calderon and Lowry?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Can't we just get Jonah Hill to do it?
    Bradd pitt was the pro man

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Think we are in good shape now with this trade, just need to make a decision on Jose/Bayless. You can keep calderon, re-sign him for less next year and have a solid point guard duo, or try and trade him for a SF because he is an expiring contract and keep Bayless as the backup

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kyle Lowry it is...

Looks like a trade going down. Adrian Wojnarowski: The Rockets and Raptors are working on something "innovative," source says, with lottery protection on 1st round pick returning to Houston. Twitter

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Must suck to be the one to tell players they are traded
    they should do it via text message. i broke up with a girl once that way. i was actually at a raps game... was drunk by halftime, wanted to go to the peelers, remembered i dated a prude, and one text message and turning my phone off later, and i was swimming in dirty whores and cheap shoppers drug mart perfume guilt free...

couldn't have worked out better

Post Thanks / Like

FUCK YES! Oh man what a relief, I thought we were going to end up with nothing.

Keep Calderon and renounce Bayless. Amnestying Calderon would make no sense right now, especially now that Lowry is here and we need a guy to do the feeding.

Raptors Republic Starter Katman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Looks like we got him for Forbes and first rounder (they don't say what protection).

http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...for-kyle-lowry
    I read somewhere (too much going on can't remember where), for what it's worth top 6 protected.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

it looks like the raptors might make a run as brandon rush to fill in for gary forbes....rush is a restricted free agent so i hope they dont otherwise we might over spend to get him

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    See I don't know if it's actually a greater move, especially if the 18th pick was included in the original trade. But even assuming it wasn't included. The wise move would've been to take that trade then, and not leave it up to chance that it might work out. Also when you give up the 8th pick you know what you're giving up, when you give up a future pick both sides are kind of playing the lottery.

I'm ecstatic that this went down, but I don't think it was a greater move for him to hold the 8th and hope that all things would work out and we'd end up with either Nash or have Lowry as backup.
    After watching Ross in his Raps tryout, I feel that he is going to surprise the heck out of a lot of people. I think it was a good move. I didn't expect them to get the guy in the end. Pure luck. However, BC saw something in Ross and I am trusting him on this one.

Post Thanks / Like

No need to amnesty Calderon. But he's still a trade chip.

DeRozan/Fields wing combo doesn't excite me much. Maybe Calderon can be used to upgrade in that regard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

it looks like the raptors might make a run as brandon rush to fill in for gary forbes....rush is a restricted free agent so i hope they dont otherwise we might over spend to get him
    But Forbes doesn't leave a hole behind. He was an excess wing that wasn't going to get any minutes ahead of DeRozan, Ross, or Fields.

I really hope the Rush rumours are false.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah there's going to be lots of trade options and i'm sure BC has a few plans

Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

But if we trade for Lowry, how will we sit around and piss and moan about them not trading down for him on draft day, in a magical deal that has never been confirmed to have existed????!!!!?!!??

This is great. I'm so excited to have a tough, defensive minded point guard on the team for, what, the first time ever? If, God forbid, JJ matures slightly over the off-season, and whoever the back-up pg is does a good job, I don't know why we couldn't make a run at the 7th or 8th playoff spot in the East. God bless the crappy East!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Any chance Raps can work a deal for Iggy now? Upgrade the wing with a solid defender and a guy who can pass the ball.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote oldmanweldon wrote: View Post
    But if we trade for Lowry, how will we sit around and piss and moan about them not trading down for him on draft day, in a magical deal that has never been confirmed to have existed????!!!!?!!??

This is great. I'm so excited to have a tough, defensive minded point guard on the team for, what, the first time ever? If, God forbid, JJ matures slightly over the off-season, and whoever the back-up pg is does a good job, I don't know why we couldn't make a run at the 7th or 8th playoff spot in the East. God bless the crappy East!
    I'd be very surprised if JJ is here come training camp. I think he's as good as gone. Fields and Kleiza seem like the logical SF depth chart.

Thread Information