Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Post Thanks / Like

MAN!

Lowry
    Derozan
    Fields
    Bargnani
    Valanciunas

I know Fields is still a restricted free agent, but rumor is, it is unlikely they match the offer. I'm very happy we were able to let go of Forbes, plus next year's draft crop will be just as weak as 2011. I'm excited, he fits well into Casey's system as a good defensive point guard, attacking and is able to get everyone involved. I watched a good amount of him this season, because there was so much surrounding him.

Can anyone actually believe that we got Lowry for a bench player and a weak draft pick? Plus it's protected.

BC, a contract is knocking on the door....

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.
    thts 2 possitive posts from u now.. keep up the good work! LOL ;-)

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Without doing any other trade. WOW.

Valanciunas/Amir/Magloire
    Bargnani/Davis/Acy
    Fields/Johnson/Kleiza
    DeRozan/Ross
    Lowry/Calderon/Bayless

Sorry I had to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    This is a better fit than Steve Nash. Colour me pleased (even if we had to get to plan B or C before making a good move). Here's hoping we can package Jose and DeRo to recoup the pick we just lost.
    Plan B and C just match our GMs initials. Just like the Terrance Ross draft matched the Toronto Raptors. Or so I have read on this forum.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. I am so happy. Day and night turn from ast night
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd be very surprised if JJ is here come training camp. I think he's as good as gone. Fields and Kleiza seem like the logical SF depth chart.
    id have to agree.. JJ brings some tough D & some nice blocks but if casey had him ride the pine that long there had to be something more to it then being late for practice or partying to hard..

Post Thanks / Like

I like this trade. Forbes became #6 on the wing depth chart and a protected pick in a weak draft is not much at all to giveup for a good young PG on a highly favourable contract. I really hope Calderon sticks around as the veteran backup PG.

I doubt BC is finished, given the logjam at PF, wing and PG.

PF - either Amir or Davis will likely be traded
    SF - at least 1 guy needs to be traded, likliest candidate is JJ (Fields/Kleiza at SF, DeRozan/Ross at SG)
    PG - either Calderon or Bayless (if not both) will be traded, hopefully a S&T for Bayless to pickup an asset in return

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I like this trade. Forbes became #6 on the wing depth chart and a protected pick in a weak draft is not much at all to giveup for a good young PG on a highly favourable contract. I really hope Calderon sticks around as the veteran backup PG.

I doubt BC is finished, given the logjam at PF, wing and PG.

PF - either Amir or Davis will likely be traded
    SF - at least 1 guy needs to be traded, likliest candidate is JJ (Fields/Kleiza at SF, DeRozan/Ross at SG)
    PG - either Calderon or Bayless (if not both) will be traded, hopefully a S&T for Bayless to pickup an asset in return
    Davis, JJ, Bayless are likely guys gone IMO. Just a thought.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Davis, JJ, Bayless are likely guys gone IMO. Just a thought.
    I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

did you guys know amir was an expiring? i think calderon and amir which is like close to 15 mil in expirings has to land us something big..although it prob isnt wise to use so many expiring contracts in a trade

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol does anyone else find the irony in the Rocket's position right now? They went from having a PG problem between Lowry and Dragic to not having either of them at all. Lin's most likely not going to Houston since NY will probably match whatever they throw at Lin. I kinda feel bad for saying this, but I love watching other teams suffer as much as we have.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.
    Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    did you guys know amir was an expiring? i think calderon and amir which is like close to 15 mil in expirings has to land us something big..although it prob isnt wise to use so many expiring contracts in a trade
    Amir has 3 years left, he isn't expiring.
    12/13 - $6.0M
    13/14 - $6.5M
    14/15 - $7.0M

I still really like the idea of putting an Amir/JJ/Bayless/future 1st rounder for Iggy trade together, personally speaking. Let him start at SF, while providing veteran leadership.

Starters: Valanciunas, Bargnani, Iguodala, DeRozan, Lowry
    Backups: Davis, Kleiza, Fields, Ross, Calderon
    Extras: Gray (to play C on 2nd unit against true C), Acy, Uzoh
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 03:43 PM.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geo wrote: View Post
    did you guys know amir was an expiring?
    Nope, not till 2014/15.

Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    id have to agree.. JJ brings some tough D & some nice blocks but if casey had him ride the pine that long there had to be something more to it then being late for practice or partying to hard..
    Yeah, I'm such a sucker for long, athletic 3/4s, I always defend them for way longer than they deserve. It's why I'd make a terrible GM (also: everything else required to be a good GM).

What was the tempo of the Houston offense last season? It sounds like both Fields and Ross are both projected to function better in an up-temp one than one with a lot iso.

Post Thanks / Like

next up Calderon and JJ for Iggy

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.
    i agree....i think davis has a lot of upside and eventually him and jonas could be lethal...the thing the worries me tho is he coundt get minutes ahead of aaron gray last year...so what does that say

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy about this trade. It's a pretty incredible turnaround for what was likely a whirlwind 24 hours of Bryan Colangelo's life.

Good on him, and good on the Raptors. This doesn't change everything but we sure did take a big step forward today!
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Nope, not till 2014/15.
    o shit i just looked up nba free agents in 2013 on espn and him and jose came up..they prob didnt update his extension

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    Looks like Clippers might be winners of this year's Matt Barnes-to-Toronto award.

wtf does that mean

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information