Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 441

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

  1. #241
    Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    922
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We traded Lowry to start for us...I'd be extremely surprised if we keep Calderon..
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

  2. #242
    Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.
    Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.
    IT's not so much giving up on him, I would like to see Davis at a full NBA training camp, summer with coach, etc. etc. I just feel he is cheaper, younger and a more trade-able asset than Amir with his contract. It was discussed in a past thread, and I believe as basketball players on the court as of NOW, Amir brings more to the table. Really doesn't matter to me who leaves out of the two, just stated a thought on who would be most likely leaving IMO.

  3. #243
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    so the pick protection is really complicated BUT if we make the playoffs for the next 5 years we don't give up anything

    edit: other than forbes
    @jerboat

  4. #244
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

    If source is accurate, Rockets trade of Kyle Lowry is pretty sweet. Short form: Rockets get a Toronto lottery pick in next 5 yrs ...

    Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.

  5. #245
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,182
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
    Looks like Clippers might be winners of this year's Matt Barnes-to-Toronto award.

    wtf does that mean
    They don't have the cap to sign Billups or Crawford?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  6. #246
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would love to see Calderon resigned (20 million over 4 years) and moved to backup role. Bayless can't and won't accept it

  7. #247
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pakdawgie wrote: View Post
    From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

    If source is accurate, Rockets trade of Kyle Lowry is pretty sweet. Short form: Rockets get a Toronto lottery pick in next 5 yrs ...

    Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.
    I wonder what happens after year 5, if the Raptors were to be a playoff team all 5 years? There's usually a contingency or non-guarantee section worked into these conditional picks, to ensure that the team receiving the conditional pick winds up with something. It could easily be that in year 5, Houston would get Toronto's pick regardless of whether or not it's a lottery pick.

  8. #248
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    its just 5 years. houston's out of luck then.
    @jerboat

  9. #249
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

  10. #250
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever

  11. #251
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever
    it was the picture on the toronto star website announcing the trade

  12. #252
    Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North York, ON
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever
    It was indeed from the Raptors' twitter

  13. #253
    Raptors Republic Rookie oldmanweldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    28
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wow, it took a whopping five comments on that photo for someone to bad mouth "Euros".

  14. #254
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Entertaining article about Lowry from last year. For anyone who ever follows the daily dime live chats on espn, they're big fans of Lowry

    http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2011...le-lowry-year/

  15. #255
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,566
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote pakdawgie wrote: View Post
    From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

    If source is accurate, Rockets trade of Kyle Lowry is pretty sweet. Short form: Rockets get a Toronto lottery pick in next 5 yrs ...

    Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.
    Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

    With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?

  16. #256
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,519
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

    With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
    If you look at the state of many Eastern teams right now, it's not inconceivable that the Raptors could be a playoff team next year. Though from a cynical point of view, it might be best to spend next year letting our young core improve individually and develop a team chemistry, while finishing 9th in the East and sticking Houston with the #14 pick! lol

  17. #257
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

    With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we want be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
    im betting BC pulls at least one more blockbuster this offseason.. BC prob. has no plan on being in the lotto the next 5 years.. then the Lowry for Forbes deal looks sweet...

    if we still suck down the road the pick will prob. net a Lebron type talent with our luck soo BC better make sure that doesnt happen

  18. #258
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    503
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think that we have a great mix of talent right now but the key is how are we going to gel together as a team.

    A lot of guys on our team (like DD) had themselves in a specific role, and it will be interesting to see how or if they all compromise for the better.

    DD might have to have less plays run for him in order to give Lowry some freedom. AB might not get as many pick and rolls run for him.

  19. #259
    Raptors Republic All-Star KHD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,011
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

    With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?
    It's a gamble, no doubt. But with Lowry and JV coming, I think toronto will not be in the lottery. Also, i too think further moves could be made.

  20. #260
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,371
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's a minor gamble at best. Morey just got fleeced.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •