Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    And of course Forbes would have a triple-double while leading the Rockets' attack :-)
    Man you ruined it :P

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Man you ruined it :P
    that was for ceez... broken hearts are the hardest to heal ;-)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Walnut wrote: View Post
    With Lowry an official Raptor, does Toronto have the potential to become a top 10 defensive team? Last year we were middle of the pack and with another full year under Casey and the addition of Jonas and Lowry I think that Raptors could be top 10 for sure.
    I agree, but the question is does that mean we will win? we need to score some points too...

Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...ss-to-raptors/

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...know-him-best/

2 interesting reads on Lowry.

Line of the articles:

Williams, now the Raptors’ director of player development, first met Lowry when he was in high school. Williams’ alma mater, Villanova, was trying to recruit Lowry. Villanova wanted Williams to help with the pursuit, which was ultimately successful.

“Point blank: Kyle, he was an a—— when I first met him,” Williams says. “I didn’t have a great relationship with him.

“He was dismissive. He was rude. But you know what? He was focused. At that age, at that time, he thought he had to be a certain way. Being from Philadelphia, not only do they have to be tough, but they have to have that persona that they are tough.”

While the Houston situation proves Lowry can still get defensive, he has matured as his career has progressed. Heimerdinger says Lowry seemed far happier when he last saw him, when he was injured with the Grizzlies. Lowry is now a father to Karter, his son with Ayahna Cornish, who excelled on the court at both Cardinal Dougherty and St. Joseph’s University. He eschews a lot of the glamour that comes with the life of a professional basketball player. He frequently makes unpublicized trips to children’s hospitals.

Williams has been monitoring Lowry’s growth for a decade now.

“Now, it’s a beautiful relationship,” Williams says. “He has an older brother, but I feel like I’m an older brother, too.”

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the comment about the unpublicized trips to children's hospitals. It says something about his character that it isn't a part of the NBA marketing crap.