Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i'm grinning from ear to ear. Love Lowry.
    Definitely agree.

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    I think Lowry was shopped heavily for a reason. Wasn't it reported he didn't work well with the coaching staff?. Not saying we will have problems, it's still a great trade
    Lowry didn't like McHale, Budinger said after being traded to Minny happy as he did not get along with McHale. Dalembert happy to be out...
    Also heard recently that McHale went apesh&t on the Celtics in playing days that he should be the go to guy over Bird. I thought at hiring time Houston made a huge error going with McHale, and I seem to remember rumblings in Minny when he was there as well. The only guy I have heard was happy with McHale was Dragic, and he just signed elsewhere for a pile more money. (Maybe that's why?)

Post Thanks / Like

Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

Suddenly the team got that much better at defense, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

I'm going to miss staring into those chocolatey brown eyes... can't wait to see the new avatar ceez! :-)

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

We've got an extra piece. Who needs it? What can we get for it?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

No doubt. This team is going to be a lot harder to play against that teams of previous years. Casey's coaching and the hard-nosed nature of new players at 1 and 5 (Lowry and JV) will ensure that. They probably still need more scoring and D on the wing, but I like the way this roster is shaping up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post

Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

I'd be happy flipping Bayless for a 2nd round pick, or using him as part of a bigger deal to land a veteran starting SF (ie: Iggy).

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont like giving up first round draft picks but i am happy with this trade because our pick is protected and lowry fits great. casey now has some talent around him go raps!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post

Good point. I can see Dallas having a real interest in Calderon. He is a good veteran who would work well in Dallas' system, and he is an expiring contract