Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 441

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

  1. #301
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i'm grinning from ear to ear. Love Lowry.
    Definitely agree.

    Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    I think Lowry was shopped heavily for a reason. Wasn't it reported he didn't work well with the coaching staff?. Not saying we will have problems, it's still a great trade
    Lowry didn't like McHale, Budinger said after being traded to Minny happy as he did not get along with McHale. Dalembert happy to be out...
    Also heard recently that McHale went apesh&t on the Celtics in playing days that he should be the go to guy over Bird. I thought at hiring time Houston made a huge error going with McHale, and I seem to remember rumblings in Minny when he was there as well. The only guy I have heard was happy with McHale was Dragic, and he just signed elsewhere for a pile more money. (Maybe that's why?)

  2. #302
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,818
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

    Suddenly the team got that much better at defense, too.

  3. #303
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

    Suddenly the team got that much better at defense, too.
    I'm going to miss staring into those chocolatey brown eyes... can't wait to see the new avatar ceez! :-)

  4. #304
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,771
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

    Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

    We've got an extra piece. Who needs it? What can we get for it?

  5. #305
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Ross fits nicely with Lowry too since one of his strengths is playing without the ball and getting open when Kyle drives and kicks out.

    Suddenly the team got that much better at defense, too.
    No doubt. This team is going to be a lot harder to play against that teams of previous years. Casey's coaching and the hard-nosed nature of new players at 1 and 5 (Lowry and JV) will ensure that. They probably still need more scoring and D on the wing, but I like the way this roster is shaping up.

  6. #306
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

    Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

    We've got an extra piece. Who needs it? What can we get for it?
    I'd be happy flipping Bayless for a 2nd round pick, or using him as part of a bigger deal to land a veteran starting SF (ie: Iggy).

  7. #307
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i dont like giving up first round draft picks but i am happy with this trade because our pick is protected and lowry fits great. casey now has some talent around him go raps!

  8. #308
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Our PG's (in alphabetical order): Bayless, Calderon, Lowry

    Thus far, between the Knicks, Rockets and Mavericks: Kidd and Lin (and Dallas has neither of those)

    We've got an extra piece. Who needs it? What can we get for it?
    Good point. I can see Dallas having a real interest in Calderon. He is a good veteran who would work well in Dallas' system, and he is an expiring contract after the upcoming season, leaving Dallas with lots of cap room which they are likely to want to make a splash in next year's free agency. I can't see how the Knicks could make this deal. Houston will probably wait to see if they can land Lin.

  9. #309
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bouncepass wrote: View Post
    Good point. I can see Dallas having a real interest in Calderon. He is a good veteran who would work well in Dallas' system, and he is an expiring contract after the upcoming season, leaving Dallas with lots of cap room which they are likely to want to make a splash in next year's free agency. I can't see how the Knicks could make this deal. Houston will probably wait to see if they can land Lin.
    Dallas will def need some one at PG

    in another free agency twist.... J.Kidd spurned the Mavs to join the Knicks.... the plot thickens LOL

  10. #310
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Dallas will def need some one at PG

    in another free agency twist.... J.Kidd spurned the Mavs to join the Knicks.... the plot thickens LOL
    what can we get from the mavs tho...we need a 3...i don't really want marion

  11. #311
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i think we can package calderon + JJ + ed for iggy

    lowry/bayless
    derozan/ross + klezia
    iggy/fields +kleiza
    Bargs/amir
    Jonas/Gray

    it works on the trade machine so im assuming it can work....question is does phili do this?
    Last edited by geo; Thu Jul 5th, 2012 at 06:09 PM.

  12. #312
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default BC has redeemed himself



    Not too shabby, he's not a pushover like Jose so there is hope for next year.

  13. #313
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,508
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geo wrote: View Post
    i think we can package calderon + JJ + ed for iggy

    lowry/bayless
    derozan/ross + klezia
    iggy/fields +kleiza
    Bargs/amir
    Jonas/Gray

    it works on the trade machine so im assuming it can work....question is does phili do this?
    They might like Ed/Amir to backup Brand, as well as either Calderon or Bayless (S&T) to backup Holiday. They don't really have any need for JJ though, with Young & Harkless at SF.

    I think it would take Ed/Amir & Calderon/Bayless & future 1st round pick to get Iggy. Either Amir or Calderon would have to be involved though, in order to work salary-wise (since the Trade Machine isn't accounting for the acquisitions of Lowry or Fields yet). I still think that would be worth exploring, to get a veteran starting SF.

  14. #314
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just got home and read about the deal on thescore.com. Nice fall back plan.

    also, found a familiar former poster wreaking havoc in the comments and plugging his blog away.

    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...or-kyle-lowry/
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  15. #315
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I personally feel a young dynamic duo of Lowry/Bayless would be.. okay. Lowry is definitely a good point guard in the league! He played great ball before his injury and the reigning of Goran, but he has proven to be able to score and be a facilitator at PG.

    The real and only reason why I'd take Bayless is cause his potential level is still untapped at this young age. With the lack of playing time and injuries, he hasn't had a full season to play consistently well basketball that he is capable of!

    Calderon is probably going somewhere else this offseason, and I have my eyes on the Sixers for obvious reasons - Andre Igoudala. The fact that he is good defender and athletic veteran is good enough for Coach Case.

    BC did a sweet job for landing Lowry in T-Dot! Can't wait for the rest of the free agency period to unfold! Man it's exciting.

  16. #316
    Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guess I'm drinkin the Kool-Aid right now, but if we could pull this off, I'd be ecastic if this happened:

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=csh3w3v

  17. #317
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    just got home and read about the deal on thescore.com. Nice fall back plan.

    also, found a familiar former poster wreaking havoc in the comments and plugging his blog away.

    http://blogs.thescore.com/raptorblog...or-kyle-lowry/
    Finally something that makes sense. This was a really good trade. Forbes was a bargain bin pick'up, the pick is protected. It was very unlikely for the Raptors to draft a guy of Lowry's ability with that pick. I like this. He needs to do more still though. Good start.

  18. #318
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    By the way, Calderon is probably done here now for real. Expect a trade.

  19. #319
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    People will like this trade until the Raps finish 9th and don't have a lottery pick. Then everyone will complain how shortsighted the trade was at the time. Hopefully, they're getting a motivated player who wants to be here.

  20. #320
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,350
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not liking the idea of chasing Iggy. Although he's an upgrade over Fields/Johnson/Kleiza, I don't think he's an ideal fit on both sides of the ball. Spending that much on a SF who still can't create his own shot is a bad idea, IMO.

    Gay, Granger, Chandler and Batum make much more sense in that regard.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •