Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I forgot anything I read after Hollinger misspelled Bargnani's first name. Andrew? Come on.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Best upside ever from this trade: NO MORE INCENTIVE TO TANK!! WOOT. (Or tank really really really hard)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by jbml; Fri Jul 6th, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, tips!
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This trade really is exciting the more I think about it.

Lowry is going to bring something that the Raptors have not seen in a very long time.

His skill set at PG is like nothing we've seen since the TJ days and his skill set on the defensive side of the ball is unlike anything Toronto Raptor basketball has ever seen.

I can't wait for the first pre-season game.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Update: Houston Chronicle reporter Jerome Solomon tweeted, “Rockets won’t get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.” So it appears the Raptors keep the pick if they make the playoffs five years in a row. Hey, it could happen!
    Raptors trade Forbes, future pick to Rockets for Kyle Lowry | RaptorBlog | Blogs | theScore.com

Post Thanks / Like

i spent an hour yesterday at work youtubing him and the number of highlights of him chasing players back and blocking them from behind had me so riled up i wanted to punch a grizzly bear
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    This trade really is exciting the more I think about it.

Lowry is going to bring something that the Raptors have not seen in a very long time.

His skill set at PG is like nothing we've seen since the TJ days and his skill set on the defensive side of the ball is unlike anything Toronto Raptor basketball has ever seen.

I can't wait for the first pre-season game.
    Same. All I've been thinking about is what a backcourt of Lowry, Derozan and Fields could do under Casey. If you wanna score, you're gonna have to earn it.

Not to mention, that backcourt very well could be better by the time october rolls around (Iggy or Gay?) and Valanciunas is no slouch in the event that one of our guards does get beat.

Here's the question: does the addition of Lowry alone make us a top 10 defensive team? We were already middle of the pack last season with Calderon......

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i spent an hour yesterday at work youtubing him and the number of highlights of him chasing players back and blocking them from behind had me so riled up i wanted to punch a grizzly bear
    LOL same. Amazing we get paid at all......

Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Houston would walk away with nothing. Usually conditions like that would have a clause that says if the 5 conditional years don't result in a pick being sent to Houston, then Houston would get Toronto's 1st round pick in year 6, without any conditions at all (ie: could be #1 overall, could be out of the lottery).

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Fields and Lowry = Defensive players, BC is buying into the defense mantra and I goddamn agree that he should.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I doubt Houston would walk away with nothing. Usually conditions like that would have a clause that says if the 5 conditional years don't result in a pick being sent to Houston, then Houston would get Toronto's 1st round pick in year 6, without any conditions at all (ie: could be #1 overall, could be out of the lottery).
    I have seen conflicting opinions about the pick. If it is true that if the Raps make the playoffs 5 yrs consecutively going forward the Rockets get nada then Morey must have been drunk or BC had his johnson in a vice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I have seen conflicting opinions about the pick. If it is true that if the Raps make the playoffs 5 yrs consecutively going forward the Rockets get nada then Morey must have been drunk or BC had his johnson in a vice.
    haha if Toronto could wind up not giving up any 1st round picks, regardless of where the pick lands, then that would be the icing on the cake! I'm still doubtful, but who knows?!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Same. All I've been thinking about is what a backcourt of Lowry, Derozan and Fields could do under Casey. If you wanna score, you're gonna have to earn it.

Not to mention, that backcourt very well could be better by the time october rolls around (Iggy or Gay?) and Valanciunas is no slouch in the event that one of our guards does get beat.

Here's the question: does the addition of Lowry alone make us a top 10 defensive team? We were already middle of the pack last season with Calderon......
    Agreed. Plus this will make Andrea better defender (he is a solid 1 on 1 defender, but his help D is poor. With above lineup -likely won't need as nearly as much help on D)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe if Houston "does not cash in" till 2017 -They HAVE to take 2018 (regardless of what it is).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate the fact that we have to wait until July 11 before anything is official. Is there any reason for that?

I just don't want another MJ fiasco. Im ecstatic about the trade but a bit cautious at the same time.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is a trade without free agents (July 11) I can only assume this transaction has salary cap implications for one or both teams.

Post Thanks / Like

As I understood it -
    Next year, if the pick falls between 4-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year After, if the pick falls between 3-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year After that, if the pick falls between 2-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year after that, Doesn't matter what it is, Houston gets it.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    I believe if Houston "does not cash in" till 2017 -They HAVE to take 2018 (regardless of what it is).
    See post 346...that is a Houston reporter who seems to be in the dark as well. The trade supposedly becomes official July 11 so I doubt there will be any "official" release until then.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    As I understood it -
    Next year, if the pick falls between 4-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year After, if the pick falls between 3-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year After that, if the pick falls between 2-16, Houston gets it; if not then ...
    Year after that, Doesn't matter what it is, Houston gets it.
    Thanks Joey...see my note after yours. And you meant 14 instead of 16 didnt you? btw there seemsto be also some stipulationthat if the pick is too low (bad eg 14th) the Rockets dont have to take it. Complicated alright.
    Last edited by Bendit; Fri Jul 6th, 2012 at 01:23 PM.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information