Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

With or w/out Nash, sources say, Raps will keep trying to trade for Kyle Lowry. Raps talked deals w/HOU at draft. Still want him either way
    https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...21497138561024

I want Dragic but I'll be more than happy with Lowry. I wanted Lowry/Dragic over Nash so this makes me very happy. Thanks NY!

Hold on, is this the same Lowry we could have got before we reached at #8 and now don't have the same value there?

I'm always hesitant to trade with Houston because you know Morey actually uses analytics and BC is just drawing names from a hat.

Comment

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post141427

Comment

they also stated with or without nash.. so nash isnt totaly out of the picture.. i find it hard to believe that someone with as much integrity & professionalism as nash would leave us hanging this long with no answer to leverage more money from NY.. it would go against everything..would also be a huge blow to his rep in canada.. im still hopefull.. i have a feeling the NY tabloids are streching on this story.. i hope im not wrong..

as for lowry.. i still dont like how hes handled the situation in Houston.. makes me iffy if id even take him.. but alvin williams seems to like him.. if the price isnt to high i guess it be worth a gamble, just hope alvin can mature this kid..

Comment

I've been trying to get my head around what Houston might want for Lowry, but their roster has changed so much in the last couple weeks. I can't find an updated depth chart for them, but by my count it would be something like this right now:

Point Guard: Kyle Lowry, Shaun Livingston
          Shooting Guard: Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb,
          Small Forward: Chandler Parsons, Royce White, Terrence Jones
          Power Forward: Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman, Marcus Morris
          Center: Greg Smith

They might resign Camby, and Livingston, Leuer, and Smith have a team options this year. Too bad we're short on PGs and true centers, because that's what they'd be looking for. Ed Davis might be interesting to them... he's an upgrade on every one of their big-men except Scola. Would they be interested in Davis + Bayless for Lowry + whatever projects they want to unload?

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
            I've been trying to get my head around what Houston might want for Lowry, but their roster has changed so much in the last couple weeks. I can't find an updated depth chart for them, but by my count it would be something like this right now:

Point Guard: Kyle Lowry, Shaun Livingston
            Shooting Guard: Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb,
            Small Forward: Chandler Parsons, Royce White, Terrence Jones
            Power Forward: Luis Scola, Patrick Patterson, Jon Leuer, Jon Brockman, Marcus Morris
            Center: Greg Smith

They might resign Camby, and Livingston, Leuer, and Smith have a team options this year. Too bad we're short on PGs and true centers, because that's what they'd be looking for. Ed Davis might be interesting to them... he's an upgrade on every one of their big-men except Scola. Would they be interested in Davis + Bayless for Lowry + whatever projects they want to unload?
            If they are going to offer Lin a deal averaging $10M, they need to lose salary, not add it.

Comment

But they don't really have a lot of other contracts they can attempt to move... just Martin and Scola, really. Certainly we could arrange something to take on either of these contracts, but they're already such a young team, it's hard to imagine them parting with the last two useful veterans on their team. What players do you think they want to move?

Comment

Scola was one of the guys Jose mentioned hed like to play with... maybe we could do this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7exn6ue

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
                  But they don't really have a lot of other contracts they can attempt to move... just Martin and Scola, really. Certainly we could arrange something to take on either of these contracts, but they're already such a young team, it's hard to imagine them parting with the last two useful veterans on their team. What players do you think they want to move?
                  It is no secret they want Scola gone.
                  Lowry is expendable with Lin coming in.
                  Patterson?
                  Morris? How about a reunion in PHX with brothers?

Lowry/Patterson/Morris is $9.75M.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    It is no secret they want Scola gone.
                    Lowry is expendable with Lin coming in.
                    Patterson?
                    Morris? How about a reunion in PHX with brothers?

Lowry/Patterson/Morris is $9.75M.
                    I like the idea of adding Phoenix to the trade (since that would mean Nash is still obtainable), but if Nash is gone to NY, how about the following to Toronto:

Scola/Lowry for Amir/JJ/Forbes + 2013 pick.

That's about a $5.5M savings in cap space for Houston. Amir/JJ/Forbes are really good players when it comes to analytics. Scola would be an upgrade over Amir. We'd still have Calderon as a trade chip or an expiring (or as a backup to Lowry).

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                      I like the idea of adding Phoenix to the trade (since that would mean Nash is still obtainable), but if Nash is gone to NY, how about the following to Toronto:

Scola/Lowry for Amir/JJ/Forbes + 2013 pick.

That's about a $5.5M savings in cap space for Houston. Amir/JJ/Forbes are really good players when it comes to analytics. Scola would be an upgrade over Amir. We'd still have Calderon as a trade chip or an expiring (or as a backup to Lowry).
                      I would not do that. If we have to give up that much I'd go after Dragic.

Comment

I really think it's all speculation right now and Steve Nash is just listening to all his options before making a decision. As for Lowry, I don't mind him, he might end up being TJ Ford 2.0 for us, I just hope he can keep his attitude in check and make us a respectful team.

Comment

its being reported now that nash is going to the lakers in a S&T.. i dont know what to believe now..seems kinda messed up... he even said before he couldnt bring himself to put a laker jersey on..

i guesss the question now is which teams fans T.O, NY, PHX is going to boo him the most...
                          Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Wed Jul 4, 2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

He's off to LA...

Comment

For draft pics and a shot to play with kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X