Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We traded Lowry to start for us...I'd be extremely surprised if we keep Calderon..
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
      I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.
      Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.
      IT's not so much giving up on him, I would like to see Davis at a full NBA training camp, summer with coach, etc. etc. I just feel he is cheaper, younger and a more trade-able asset than Amir with his contract. It was discussed in a past thread, and I believe as basketball players on the court as of NOW, Amir brings more to the table. Really doesn't matter to me who leaves out of the two, just stated a thought on who would be most likely leaving IMO.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• so the pick protection is really complicated BUT if we make the playoffs for the next 5 years we don't give up anything

edit: other than forbes
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

If source is accurate, Rockets trade of Kyle Lowry is pretty sweet. Short form: Rockets get a Toronto lottery pick in next 5 yrs ...

Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
            John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
            Looks like Clippers might be winners of this year's Matt Barnes-to-Toronto award.

wtf does that mean
            They don't have the cap to sign Billups or Crawford?
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• I would love to see Calderon resigned (20 million over 4 years) and moved to backup role. Bayless can't and won't accept it
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

If source is accurate, Rockets trade of Kyle Lowry is pretty sweet. Short form: Rockets get a Toronto lottery pick in next 5 yrs ...

Rockets won't get top-3 pick next year, top-2 pick next two years or No. 1 pick the next two. Otherwise lottery pick goes to Houston.
                I wonder what happens after year 5, if the Raptors were to be a playoff team all 5 years? There's usually a contingency or non-guarantee section worked into these conditional picks, to ensure that the team receiving the conditional pick winds up with something. It could easily be that in year 5, Houston would get Toronto's pick regardless of whether or not it's a lottery pick.

Comment

• its just 5 years. houston's out of luck then.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Caption this photo

http://instagram.com/p/MteYZwRHGB/
                    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever
                        it was the picture on the toronto star website announcing the trade

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          if that photo is actually from the Raptors ... very clever
                          It was indeed from the Raptors' twitter
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Wow, it took a whopping five comments on that photo for someone to bad mouth "Euros".

Comment

• Entertaining article about Lowry from last year. For anyone who ever follows the daily dime live chats on espn, they're big fans of Lowry

http://www.hardwoodparoxysm.com/2011...le-lowry-year/

Comment

• pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                                From ‏@JeromeSolomon (Rockets reporter on twitter)

Hmmm.. I don't like that trade to be honest.. Bryan is not done wheeling and dealing, but to give up a high lottery pick when our team sucks is not a good idea. Only top 3 protected next year? Couldn't he make it top 7? Lowry is a good player but not a star - and we need a star. Draft is best opportunity to get one.

With the team we currently have, I don't see us being any better than 6/7th worst right now - even if Bargnani was healthy. Oh well the bright side is we won't be on tank watch next year. We'll be on anti-tank watch. I guess that's funner and less insane right?

Comment

Working...
                                X