Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaptorsPR ‏@RaptorsPR

Trade finalized. #Raptors acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes and protected future 1st round pick.

Comment

• It's official folks:

RaptorsPR wrote:
      Trade finalized. ‪#Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes and protected future 1st round pick.
      Source - Click here

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Why is he wearing Calderon's number? Foreshadowing.....?
        haha!

Comment

• I just read on ESPN that the T-wolves need to move a PG in order to make room for Batum should the Blazers not match...

Anyone else interested in moving calderon for a quality player or pick and then getting JJ barea to play backup?

I just don't see how Jose is going to accept being a backup PG again after playing so well last year

Comment

• I think Jose will be unhappy but he's a pro and I doubt you'll hear much complaining. I think he may say something in a round-about way and then put his head down and play hard. He's just not that kind of guy who will voice his complaints.

Ironically, Lowry IS that type of guy and he's the one who will be taking over.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

• ITS official.....NO MJ fiasco thank god.

Although i don't know if we came out onto of this trade. Unless we make the playoffs this year or the next couple of years, which may or may not be likely with teams like NJ bolstering their roaster, this could hurt us. I can say that Houston did maximize Lowry's career high value.

Comment

• BallaBalla wrote: View Post
                I just read on ESPN that the T-wolves need to move a PG in order to make room for Batum should the Blazers not match...

Anyone else interested in moving calderon for a quality player or pick and then getting JJ barea to play backup?

I just don't see how Jose is going to accept being a backup PG again after playing so well last year
                Depending how much cap space they still need to clear-up after using amnesty on Milicic and cutting Webster & Miller (per rumors I've read on ESPN and insider tweets), I wonder if there might be some legs to the JJ for Ridnour rumor? It would save Minnesota $1.2M this season and $4.3M the following season (if they don't re-sign JJ).

That would allow Calderon to be used in a trade for a big contract (ie: Gay or Iggy), while still ensuring the Raps have a veteran backup PG behind Lowry.

Comment

• http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...uston-rockets/

Raptors.com getting in on the action!

Comment

• Is there a media event today to introduce Lowry to Toronto? Or is it in the next couple of days?

Comment

• CJ Watson was just waived by the bulls. He could be a good pickup for the raptors as a backup PG for lowry then we could trade Jose for a sf. He'd be extremely cheap coming off waivers aswell. Just a thought

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                        CJ Watson was just waived by the bulls. He could be a good pickup for the raptors as a backup PG for lowry then we could trade Jose for a sf. He'd be extremely cheap coming off waivers aswell. Just a thought
                        I like it....

I just don't see this working. Jose is going to inevitably play well some games and DC will leave him in the 4th, Lowry will be pissed...and then we are going to have to listen to the media talk about which PG we should keep...ugh

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                          CJ Watson was just waived by the bulls. He could be a good pickup for the raptors as a backup PG for lowry then we could trade Jose for a sf. He'd be extremely cheap coming off waivers aswell. Just a thought
                          When a player is waived and picked up, you are assuming his contract.

If BC was going to pay Watson $3.2M, why wouldn't he just pay Bayless?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            When a player is waived and picked up, you are assuming his contract.

If BC was going to pay Watson $3.2M, why wouldn't he just pay Bayless?
                            If he clears Waivers he could be had for Cheaper, no? But I'm still not interested.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              If he clears Waivers he could be had for Cheaper, no? But I'm still not interested.
                              Yes. But then he is an UFA with 29 other possible suitors as well.

Comment

• With Lowry an official Raptor, does Toronto have the potential to become a top 10 defensive team? Last year we were middle of the pack and with another full year under Casey and the addition of Jonas and Lowry I think that Raptors could be top 10 for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X