Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Lowry Mix

Just wanted to show a mix on Lowry, I watched a lot of him this season. He is a really nice passer, can make some really eye popping plays both ends of the court.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Great aquisition...keep it going BC.
      I always liked Lowry game,reminds me a little of Alvin Williams Character and heart,but with more talent...
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Houston is telling people it is a guaranteed lotto pick.

You know what? They may be right.

HOWEVER: you want to talk motivation for the Raptors players?

DC first day of training camp *rolls out tweets stating this*:

"You see that gentlemen? They feel they have a guaranteed lotto pick because you guys suck! How do you feel about that?"
        No kidding. I'd have that quote nailed to the dressing room wall from day 1 of training camp!

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          I agree that next year's draft isn't as deep but if we disappoint (like we always have) and get lucky in the lottery...

McAdoo for Lowry is not something I can live with.

this is how i feel. This trade all depends on what we could get in the lottery next year. I like lowry alot as a player but this is another embarrasing move by BC. We could have got him on draft night from houston and still got t-ross. this has been a bad week for raptors fans...

Comment

• Good deal. We didn't have to give up too much either. Nice turnaround on the Nash failure. A lottery pick, yeah, maybe, but BC is probably working under the impression that its playoffs or bust.

Comment

• Delonte_West wrote: View Post
              this is how i feel. This trade all depends on what we could get in the lottery next year. I like lowry alot as a player but this is another embarrasing move by BC. We could have got him on draft night from houston and still got t-ross. this has been a bad week for raptors fans...
              We don't know that. I'm guessing Houston offered Lowry straight-up for #8, or possibly offered #18 as well (which would've meant we likely wouldn't have drafted Ross).

Comment

"You see that gentlemen? They feel they have a guaranteed lotto pick because you guys suck! How do you feel about that?"
                Beyond that, Colangelo still has a pretty good war chest going forward over the coming years to improve and maintain a solid roster. I would hope that he has confidence that he can make this a playoff team for the next several years. If not, I'm sure he would know that he won't retain his job.

Comment

Matt, does that mean we would get to keep our picks if we make the playoffs every year? If so, the Rockets really think the Raptors are going to stay a crap team...

Comment

• Delonte_West wrote: View Post
                    I am pretty sure that Colangelo is not planning on being in the lottery next year, and even if they do miss the playoffs, he better be planning to be very far from the bottom of the standings.

Comment

• lol!

Comment

• Lowry!!!!!!

Comment

• Raps will have an awesome back court! With my boy Lowry and Ross!
                          If they can acquire a bit more without losing the little bench they have, They should Trade Calderon for Gay.

Memphis is tired of paying his money and calderon is an expiring contract and a decent backup PG for them. Just add Rudy to our roster and checkout the line-ups....pretty dangerous now NO?
                          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Initial reports are saying that it is protected (both high and low) for 5 years, then in the 6th year the Rockets would get our First Round pick no matter where it is.
                            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                              Initial reports are saying that it is protected (both high and low) for 5 years, then in the 6th year the Rockets would get our First Round pick no matter where it is.
                              Correct. Check post #277 for exact protection breakdown for each year.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                Matt, does that mean we would get to keep our picks if we make the playoffs every year? If so, the Rockets really think the Raptors are going to stay a crap team...
                                I believe so.

Comment

Working...
                                X