Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    suns just signed beasely for 18 mil/3 years. dunno if that takes them out of the dragic running...

didn't the suns trade away dragic?
    yep suns did trade dragic, lin was cut by houston.... alot can change in a short period of time..obviously no love lost i guess..

Comment

Captain Haddock wrote: View Post
      Boo him? For being traded? To a team not too far from a championship? A team with a rich pedigree? And not coming here because of some sort of Canadian duty?
      It doesn't really matter whether you think it's ethic or not to boo him. He's gonna get booed regardless of what you think is right or not. I won't boo Nash, but at the same time, I'm not too happy with his decision to go to LA. So many people have said that he is classy and will never go the rival Lakers. I guess he really isn't as classy as we thought especially when a championship is available. So point being, he's gonna get booed. I can almost guarantee it. Hell, I'll even bet my life-savings that he will get booed.

Comment

As much as i like lowry i can't image what we would have to give in return.

Im hoping the most we would have to give is Ed Davis and maybe few second rounders.

But morey is a genius. I can't see him taking anyone else on our roaster, i don't even think he would take demar now with lamb a possible better prospect. Prove me wrong Demar but you need to work on your handles, rebounding, and overall defense....and get that mid game shooting touch back.

Comment

Calderon's better then Dragic, in fact he was our 2nd best player last year. It seems like people are scraping for point guards right now. We shouldn't just sign anyone. The only good fit is Lowry. Sign Kirilenko, and wait until next year when Calderon comes off the books.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
            they also stated with or without nash.. so nash isnt totaly out of the picture.. i find it hard to believe that someone with as much integrity & professionalism as nash would leave us hanging this long with no answer to leverage more money from NY.. it would go against everything..would also be a huge blow to his rep in canada.. im still hopefull.. i have a feeling the NY tabloids are streching on this story.. i hope im not wrong..
            I don't blame him. He did not really leave us hanging FA only started 3 days ago.

go get your ring Steve.
            "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

As for Dragic, I don't really think he deserves $10 million a year. If we can get him for like $8 million a year, I would sign him right away, but obviously that's not gonna happen. I really don't want to him $10 million a year...

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                I don't blame him. He did not really leave us hanging FA only started 3 days ago.

go get your ring Steve.
                I'm not big on booing anyone, but for the people that boo'd bosh... you should also boo Nash. It would have been a big moment for Canada and he traded Legend for Lala land.

Comment

Dragic is not worth $10M. I wonder if they could get Lowry for the TPE and Davis and/or JJ, or the TPE and a 2013 1st round pick, if they want to dump salary.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

go get your ring Steve.
                    Yep, it sucks that he's not coming to Toronto, but it should make those who thought it was a bad move anyway happier. But if he wasn't coming to the Raptors, I'm glad he chose his best option to win a championship.
                    Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Dragic is not worth $10M. I wonder if they could get Lowry for the TPE and Davis and/or JJ, or the TPE and a 2013 1st round pick, if they want to dump salary.
                      Lowry's not worth a 2013 first round pick + other players, but he is the right player. I'd package Calderon + Ed, but that's it.

Comment

the 2013 draft is going to be horrible, offer the pick!
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          the 2013 draft is going to be horrible, offer the pick!
                          We'd probably end up with McAdoo, or similar player next year. I'm on the fence about the pick, but I guess we have to stop stock piling picks at some point.

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            Fuuuuuuuuuzzzz, I wasn't really worried about NYK or even Toronto getting him (or not) as he was a 2-3 year stopgap at best on either team. A part of me wanted NYK to sign him just because after Nash/Melo/Amare and Tyson they were 11 versions of James White away from having a full roster. But going to the Lake Show? Fuck Bynum (hate him, classic mid 90's selfish stupid punk WITH bad knees and a fatty body type), fuck Gasol (just so soft!), fuck Ron MWP Artest, and ya know what? The Lakers are fucked proper by Kobe's ever ballooning contract and diminishing skills. Pump fake all you want, ya can't drive anymore. I was loving the idea of this no class franchise with so many no class fans fading away like Kobes jumper and now they get Nash? ***
                            Lol that's awesome! I always want the Lakers eliminated almost as much as I want the Raps to get into/advance in the playoffs.

I think at this point I'd rather have Jose start the season for the first quarter season or thereabouts, then hand the reigns to Bayless to give him a true shot at running it(provided he doesn't win it during camp). He's just as good as Lowry or Dragic IMO, plus we can get him cheaper and have Jose as a nice trade piece or straight of the books at the end of the year. Lowry and Dragic will never be elite, so why bother with them...

Comment

Mack I like waiting as well, but I can't see BC doing that in the last year of his contract. He's made a term "accelerated rebuilding"... I think it's time to revert back to rebuilding before we make anymore poor/panicked decisions.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                                Lol that's awesome! I always want the Lakers eliminated almost as much as I want the Raps to get into/advance in the playoffs.

I think at this point I'd rather have Jose start the season for the first quarter season or thereabouts, then hand the reigns to Bayless to give him a true shot at running it(provided he doesn't win it during camp). He's just as good as Lowry or Dragic IMO, plus we can get him cheaper and have Jose as a nice trade piece or straight of the books at the end of the year. Lowry and Dragic will never be elite, so why bother with them...
                                Lowry's numbers were awesome before the injury, and Dragic proved he can start. They may not be as good as Rose, Williams or Paul, but they are worthy players.
                                Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X