Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alvin Williams, time to make your boy feel at home. Let's make sure Lowry likes it here in Siberia...

Comment

• Oh, I fully expect Fields in Toronto. I don't think it was complete BS that he's a guy they had interest in apart from the screw-NYK angle. He fits what Casey is trying to do defensively, and I believe he's better than DD at this point, development-wise. They have a ton of guys who *could possibly* play 3 in a pinch (DD, Landry, JJ, Kleiza, Ross, Acy) but none are close to starter-calibre right now.

I still see SF as the position they ideally need to shore up first, along with backup PG and backup C. I'd expect Gray to be back, maybe Jamal, and maybe they're OK with that in terms of giving JV some rest. Maybe they keep Bayless to back up Lowry, or maybe even Jose (with a deadline trade in mind). But they should still take a swing at a SF, IMO.
      Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ry-sources-say

deal is completed...we are getting lowry but maybe for more than 1 pick

Comment

• Lowry was 2nd among PGs in charges per game(0.79) 3rd among PGs in charges per 40(0.98).

11th among PGs in steals per game(1.55) per 40(1.93).

4th in Defensive Plays(BLK+STL+CHG) per game(2.62) per 40(3.26).

2nd among PGs in rebounding(4.6), per 40(5.7) tied with Kidd ahead of Rondo.

Raptors were 26th in Opponent Turnovers.

His ability to rebound should result in more fast break opportunities for the Raptors.

http://www.hoopdata.com/player.aspx?name=Kyle%20Lowry

Comment

• Is chandler still a trade possibility?
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
              http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/81...ry-sources-say

deal is completed...we are getting lowry but maybe for more than 1 pick
              Not completed just yet.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets will receive a protected future first-round pick, but stressed that a deal to send Lowry to the Raptors was not yet completed.

Comment

• Hopethe pick is protected...even in some way....yu know just in case!!

Comment

• If the pick is protected, then I imagine TO is sending back a player as well. Since Houston is all over the place this offseason, it's hard to guess who they might want... Bayless?

Houston is still after Lin, I guess... so I assume whatever is sent their way is meant to help them with that, or to shore up holes in the wake of a Lin deal...
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    You realize Morey is now running down the street, clutching his pants which are catching around his ankles, screaming, "RAPE! RAPE!"
                    I was going to give a reason why it isn't so bad, but then the trade happened, so we'll see who got the better in the end

Comment

• Looks like Forbes is going to Houston.

Jonathan Feigen wrote:
                      Rockets will get Gary Forbes in the trade, a source said, but Rockets will deal Lowry for pick. Exact details of protection still discussed
                      Source - Click here

Comment

• Nash who?

Comment

• I wonder if this all is based on if houston gets lin?
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Lowry
                            Demar
                            Fields?
                            Bargs
                            Val

and tons of depth.

I like it. Best team we could have since like 5 years ago (would you guys say that is better then the Bosh/Hedo team?).

Comment

• Forbesy???
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• not a bad trade...i can't imagine forbes getting much burn with the addition of ross anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X