Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walnut wrote: View Post
    With Lowry an official Raptor, does Toronto have the potential to become a top 10 defensive team? Last year we were middle of the pack and with another full year under Casey and the addition of Jonas and Lowry I think that Raptors could be top 10 for sure.
    I think so too. Hopefully the offense can improve from last season!

Comment

• If we trade for Iggy, hell yeah. Top 5 defensive team potential.

BC didn't sign Bayless for 3M (or his QO) because Bayless has dreams of becoming a starting PG. Watson, on the other hand, is seasoned enough to know his role in a team. Using that angle, I can see why Toronto would be interested in Watson (if they are even interested). Watson is solid defensively & coming from the Bulls, he has to know how to guard & understand rotations. He is a solid back-up point guard; nothing spectacular, but he would satisfy what I want from a back-up.
      “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Depending how much cap space they still need to clear-up after using amnesty on Milicic and cutting Webster & Miller (per rumors I've read on ESPN and insider tweets), I wonder if there might be some legs to the JJ for Ridnour rumor? It would save Minnesota $1.2M this season and $4.3M the following season (if they don't re-sign JJ).

That would allow Calderon to be used in a trade for a big contract (ie: Gay or Iggy), while still ensuring the Raps have a veteran backup PG behind Lowry.
        Ughhh, Ridnour?!?!?! For JJ!?!?!?! That would be a terrible terrible trade for the Raptors. We'd be taking on an extra year and higher salary for a worse player at a position we don't need help at (already got Lowry and Claderon). Even if we deal Calderon, Ridnour is not worth JJ and not someone I want on the Raps.

Comment

• I don't see anything wrong with Ridnour if Calderon is traded. What James Johnson is worth is a discussion I won't start again, but now we're on this subject I must say that I was highly surprised yesterday when I suddenly drove through James Johnsonstreet (James Johnsonstraat) in my howetown in The Netherlands. You Canadians already have a James Jonsonstreet? Might be a nice farewell present.

Comment

• i am a big ridnour fan. great fundamental player. smart, understands how to run an offense. not to flashy but hard working and a good shooter. makes more sense as a back up then jose' 10 million.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/1985/luke-ridnour
            here are his career stats 10 and 5 in 27 minutes. i would expect him to play somewhere between 15-20 minutes a night as back up. career 35% from 3. luke is a good player but skinny, looks like a boy out there.

Comment

• I'd rather keep Jose and his expiring contract than Ridnour for the next 2 seasons.

Comment

• Reading the Rockets blog and they believe that they've landed a top 10 pick next year for lowry.... I would guess the pick is between 12-14 if they get it...

Comment

• knowledgep wrote: View Post
                  Reading the Rockets blog and they believe that they've landed a top 10 pick next year for lowry.... I would guess the pick is between 12-14 if they get it...
                  i am expecting to be a playoff team next year so it will be ours and the year after. might lose it if lowry goes after 2 seasons though. with a lot of luck we got lowry for the guy who played good that one game.

Comment

• I don't even see why there is a discussion on this. We should not trade Jose Calderon, plain and simple. For the past couple of years, he's simply the heart and soul of this team. We got a new starting PG without giving him up, I don't see why we would try to trade him now. If there's one starting caliber point guard who will accept his role as a backup, it's Jose Calderon. And that's a great backup, even at 10M. I say keep him, and give him an extension. Lowry and Calderon, what a great duo!

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      I don't even see why there is a discussion on this. We should not trade Jose Calderon, plain and simple. For the past couple of years, he's simply the heart and soul of this team. We got a new starting PG without giving him up, I don't see why we would try to trade him now. If there's one starting caliber point guard who will accept his role as a backup, it's Jose Calderon. And that's a great backup, even at 10M. I say keep him, and give him an extension. Lowry and Calderon, what a great duo!
                      +1

Comment

• Niiiiiiiceeeeee *fabolous voice*

Comment

• knowledgep wrote: View Post
                          Reading the Rockets blog and they believe that they've landed a top 10 pick next year for lowry.... I would guess the pick is between 12-14 if they get it...
                          I can't wait to read comments when/if (and hopefully so) the Raps land a big time wing

They probably would still think that but anyone with a firing neuron will know that lottery pick ain't so guaranteed.

Comment

• I hope we beat the rockets by 20 both times we play and Lowry drops career highs
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              I hope we beat the rockets by 20 both times we play and Lowry drops career highs
                              And after each game Lowry gives McHale the Stone Cold Stunner.... that would be awesome.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                I hope we beat the rockets by 20 both times we play and Lowry drops career highs
                                And of course Forbes would have a triple-double while leading the Rockets' attack :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X